X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in a true sim society?

I can set something up with

No Boost
    No gimmies or 3 foot gimmies if we can do that as 6 feet is just way too long.
    No straight putting patch
    Wind turned on
    visual clues on screen would be mini map and the flagstick with distance on it.

I'd use all the LIDAR courses from here and TGC tours site along with some of the top rated fantasy courses after I test them out in steam to make sure they look playable on sim.

Anyone interested ? If we can get a bunch of people I'll set it up.

Looks like a cool course. Haven't played it yet.

Comment

Looks like fun I'll join up for the next tourney. Always thought 6' gimmes was lame.

Comment

Event ends friday at midnightClick image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (115).png Views:	0 Size:	952.2 KB ID:	245653

Comment

Interesting course, I like playing these types vs protee types which most are bomb and gouge courses. On the other hand I know they don't want to play courses that are too difficult and try to stick with the tour courses.

This course you had to think and be careful. The greens ate me up.... Aside from my 2 doubles I played well and just couldn't putt at all. I hit 3 terrible shots on one but manged to get it on the fringe in three, then a nice 4 jack.
          Last edited by shwag33; 02-12-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Tomorrow we are off to Myrtle Beach for 2 rounds at Legends Moorland course
            Winds will be around 7-10 mph with soft conditions due to some rainy weather in the area.
            No Boost, No Gimmies

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (134).png
Views:	448
Size:	850.2 KB
ID:	246491

Name:	Screenshot (138).png
Views:	390
Size:	832.0 KB
ID:	246492

Comment

Damn Jwheels9876 - I can't wait to finish my sim off - just to play in this group! Keep up the amazing work, course selection and tournament setup... Excited to get started!

Comment

Here's what the leaderboard is looking like at the moment

apparently True Sim is now being awarded points toward WGR so hop in and please play by the rules. No gimmies and no boost.....

in a week or 2 we are going to try to play a round with NO STRAIGHT Putt patch ... if you don't want to try it, just take a week off. We have some guys doing some testing on skytrak, gc2 and uneekor systems to see what the data looks like as far as HLA especially for skytrak ....

Name:	Screenshot_143.png
Views:	481
Size:	903.4 KB
ID:	248000

Comment

• Celeras
                  Celeras commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Grats on the points. Unrelated but does WGR ever reset? Showing 100s of events for the top guy, is that really all from this season?

• Jwheels9876
                  Jwheels9876 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is a 2020 ranking I believe. The other one is probably from the last 10 years combined lol

• Celeras
                  Celeras commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The one that displays when you click WGR is 2019+2020, I just didn't know if 2019 took all the old data from the first game. That's a ton of rounds lol

Just curious, how are they doing the test setup to confirm HLA readings? I'm going to try on my GC2A and want to see if what I'm doing mimics the rest of the testers. I will also see if i can find the data i did for the skytrak.

My plan is to putt down a track made from two alignment sticks to ensure the ball rolls dead straight.
                Then roll putts that are 4', 8', 15' and 20' and see what the readings are.
                I plan to measure offline readings as well. Intentionally hitting putts that are 2 degrees and 4 degrees left and right. Obviously straight putting must be off. I will measure a distance from the hitting spot to calculate the angle and then use a laser to align the alignment sticks correctly for each.

Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
                We have some guys doing some testing on skytrak, gc2 and uneekor systems to see what the data looks like as far as HLA especially for skytrak ....

Name:	Screenshot_143.png
Views:	481
Size:	903.4 KB
ID:	248000

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                  Jwheels9876 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Honestly they are just going to MThunts flat range hole 2 and settings auto rewind with straight putt off and seeing what the HLA looks like mostly on skytrak. I think GC2 and Uneekor are fine to use no putt patch.. more worried about random 3-4 degree reads out of skytraks

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_16228.png Views:	3 Size:	954.2 KB ID:	249088 Ok here is the leaderboard with 1 more day to go in this tournament. 4 of these names in the top 10 have no shot recording or they have gimmies at 6 feet still ....
                Last edited by Jwheels9876; 02-26-2020, 04:37 AM.

Comment

After the next tournament I am making this society private ...too many people with no shot recording and gimmies still on.. It's really not that hard to set either up correctly..

Comment

After the next tournament I am making this society private ...too many people with no shot recording and gimmies still on.. It's really not that hard to set either up correctly..
                    Welcome to my world. New interface will help you with this. Auto shot record for starters. I know I know. When. It’s close. It’s your society. You also have the ability to kick someone out. If you want me to look at the data I can.
                    My Courses:
                    World Par 3's by mthunt
                    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                    Weston G&CC by mthunt
                    London Hunt Club L mthunt
                    Park CC Lidar mthunt
                    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                    The National GC L mthunt
                    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                    Markland Woods CC mthunt
                    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                    Magna GC L mthunt
                    Barrie CC L mthunt
                    mthunt Range

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                      Jwheels9876 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just banned a handful of guys. People with 15-20 rounds of tournaments should already know they need to turn on shot recording.

Congrats to Beau Lester on the win! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_157.png
Views:	273
Size:	950.8 KB
ID:	249348

Comment

The Hit it Higher mthunt Canadian Open starts today

Please turn off the straight putt patch for this one and set the gimmies to distance and 3ft on both settings.

Mthunt requested no straight putt for this one so let's see how it goes!! Beware the very high winds out there also

Comment

Please turn off the straight putt patch for this one and set the gimmies to distance and 3ft on both settings.

Mthunt requested no straight putt for this one so let's see how it goes!! Beware the very high winds out there also
                        Awesome. Can't wait. Looks like an amazing course too.
                        My Courses:
                        World Par 3's by mthunt
                        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                        Weston G&CC by mthunt
                        London Hunt Club L mthunt
                        Park CC Lidar mthunt
                        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                        The National GC L mthunt
                        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                        Markland Woods CC mthunt
                        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                        Magna GC L mthunt
                        Barrie CC L mthunt
                        mthunt Range

Comment

I'll give it a shot later, No Straight Putt. See if I can get through 9 without rage quitting lol. Last time I tried No Straight Putt things got pretty wacky, especially in close proximity to the hole. We'll see how it goes

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                            Jwheels9876 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Put your putting on the distance setting and 3 ft in both distances so you have 3 foot gimmies
                            Last edited by Jwheels9876; 02-27-2020, 07:09 PM.
                        Working...
                        X