TGC Spring Tour - Wells Fargo
Collapse
X
-
Another thing, if you look at your spin axis, it shows it at -147.5 degrees (ie frontspin), hence the crazy amount off rollout. The grossly incorrect axis calculation is a TGC issue that occurs whenever sidespin is greater than backspin. I don't think anyone would've complained if you rewinded there.
-
Played a practice round tonight. Again the driver just cost me. Finished with a very disappointing 86 with two triples and a double. Just about drove one of the greens and got my birdie. Missed another legit birdie and 2-3 par puts by literally a couple of inches. Very frustrating because my game is so close to making it over the hump, but it seems like every time I get to the top the golf gods keep shoving me back down.
-
LOL..... at first I am like.... what's wrong with that.... and then it kept going and going. Nobody in their right mind would question a rewind because we can see the ball hit the screen. Not sure how you can get that sidespin on a GC2. I started recording every one of my tournament rounds because of the odd rewind. I haven't posted too many because of the profanity. Lately I have been hitting the driver with a low launch angle. Sometime the ball clips the edge of my putting FOV..... and you have a 165mph putt into the rough. The ball clearly hits my screen 7-11 inches off the ground but the ball travels 15 feet in the game. My screen image is 10 inches off the ground. I sometimes hit like that IRL and the ball slowly rises and gives me a ton of roll. I find myself teeing slightly higher so that I don't have to deal with that. Other times a ball may go unnoticed in the FOV. This misread is really obvious. I once had a 360 yard 9 iron shot because of this. Maybe you were using a damaged ball or a marked up ball to create such spin????
-
When searching for courses, magnolia national for example there are multiple versions of the same thing. How do you know what the best versions are? I see the clv versions and the tour versions which I think are full length different pin locations. Visually on first tee I'm not seeing a big difference, what am I doing wrong here or should I be looking for?
Leave a comment:
-
Agreed. Definitely would have rewound the shot if it wasn't a tournament. Might have considered it even in a tournament however being Even par through two holes and knowing my handicap I didn't want to put the round in question. I've only seen sidespin over 4,000 when a person shanks it with slice. Nothing about that shot should have been a hook sidespin. I was happy that I was able to save double bogey.
I use the GUI that Mike80 created for AirKeyboard. The S and W keys are represented by Ball Drop Forward and Ball Drop Backwards.
-
That shot with the 4000+ side spin was crazy. When the zoom view takes you too far, which button on the iPad are you hitting to replicate the S key on the keyboard?
-
Dumb question here but is this quail hollow supposed to be the one in NC? Those snow capped mountains are throwing me off a bit!
Leave a comment:
-
Played pretty well considering how tough this course was. There was a Par 5 that I put it in the water twice yet still saved double so I'm not sure if I call that a great hole or a terrible one...
Other than the fairways off the tee that were a bit tight I actually really enjoyed this course, all 7,180 yards of it. Most of the Par 3 holes were a big challenge. On one I had to hit driver and dumped one in the water on 17 though I'm guessing I won't be the only one to do that.
Also, please check 6:30 of the video and let me know what you guys think. I was debating if a rewind would be legal in this situation. The GC2 said I had -4,790 of side spin which I've never seen anything close to before. I barely ever have hook side spin on pitch shots to begin with. I didn't rewind and it led to double but really unsure how this type of a shot could occur. Thanks.
Round 1Last edited by ks-man; 05-03-2016, 01:34 PM.
Leave a comment:
-
I've been on here for quite a while now. Got two wins many months back as I had a starter handicap and played ok, proving mthunt's point. Played terribly for a number of month keeping my handicap high and in the last couple of weeks played really well and got a 1st and 2nd place again proving this point.
Currently about +15 after 10 holes on this course which I am finding complete misery due to combination of length and tight fairways - reinforcing ks-man's point!
Prefer my handicap on this tour (around 15) compared to the one on PG (4!). In real life I'm about a 22 handicapper, if anyone cares.
I'm happy with a whole variety of courses, as long as they have wide fairways and no water
Last edited by V8burble; 05-03-2016, 09:31 AM.
-
I played a practice round this weekend and found it long as well. One fairway in particular I remember barely being able to reach off the tee. I'd have to hit a perfect bomb. It was narrow as well. Look forward to giving it a go this Thursday.
Leave a comment:
-
Either you or I are playing the wrong course. I have the longest par 5 at 593. I like the course.... it's a little tight in spots and the par 3's are tough.
-
I played a practice round today and thought course layout was nice but what is the deal with the 701 yard par 5? I think that is a good bit longer than any hole on the real course.
Leave a comment:
-
Any handicapped event favours the higher handicap. The higher handicap has a good day and shaves off 10. For a scratch that's 62. I think 6500 yards is fair for everyone but if there isn't one available we go with what is. To even it out we the Valero really short. There's no way to please everyone but we'll try.
-
I know, I'm just kidding. I agree and think if they are good courses you should choose the long version. It should also even the field a little bit as the higher handicaps were putting up unrealistic scores. I think a 15-20 handicap will be impacted by a 7,000+ yard course more than a 3 handicap will. 15-20 can play a 6300 yard course much better since typically your higher handicap player isn't hitting the ball as far. It's also much easier to recover from a terrible drive on a 340 yard hole than a 460 yard one.
-
It's actually due to only the long version of the courses being available when we picked them.Originally posted by ks-man View PostLooks like this should be called the "Long Hitters Tour". I think it is to put some of us higher handicap players who were putting up good scores last season in our place
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: