TGC Spring Tour - Wells Fargo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rsuslow
    replied
    So......I hate this course haha. On my way to a 47 over....I acted like my three year old, doing everything but laying on my belly wailing my arms and legs. I think I even cried on 17 when, using my driver, I couldn't reach. Couldn't reach most of the fairways either. I'm going to knock out my second round and lay in bed in the fetal position repeating over and over "I did my best"

    This course is brutal.

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    There's just a couple of bugs being fixed. This IMO is the biggest update yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • ks-man
    replied
    There's no reason not to do the sync with the update. I would just recommend a second course sync. We could also wait for the second sync after hearing when clv24 thinks the ProTee version will be ready. Assuming there isn't a huge gap we just do the sync then. RDH and I have been pushing ProTee to do a normal scheduled course sync. If they were to communicate that a course sync would always happen on the first Monday of the month at 9am EST (or whatever time they choose) then people would know to expect it. This could be communicated in the news section of the game and included with future software version e-mail updates. There are so many new courses that come through that I think a monthly sync would be worthwhile.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ironstrokes
    replied
    Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
    Makes sense. That seems like a great reason to delay the sync. In the past ProTee has been more than accommodating when given special requests. Being that this request is for the betterment of the tour, I am pretty sure that they won't have a problem with your request. Being that this is a 3 round major makes a difference as well. If at all possible, we want to play the same course as the pros. We all know the great job that clv24 does on his courses. It would be great if we had a certification for accuracy.... we could call it Ks-man approved!..... Anyone second that?
    I'd be happy to delay the sync as long as it doesn't delay the rest of the update. I'm getting super excited for the new features and we're not even totally sure when he is going to release Oakmont, could be another 3 weeks plus for all we know for sure. So I'm all in if it's possible to release the updates but hold of the course sync for as long as it's needed.

    Leave a comment:


  • keither5150
    replied
    Makes sense. That seems like a great reason to delay the sync. In the past ProTee has been more than accommodating when given special requests. Being that this request is for the betterment of the tour, I am pretty sure that they won't have a problem with your request. Being that this is a 3 round major makes a difference as well. If at all possible, we want to play the same course as the pros. We all know the great job that clv24 does on his courses. It would be great if we had a certification for accuracy.... we could call it Ks-man approved!..... Anyone second that?

    Leave a comment:


  • ks-man
    commented on 's reply
    Understood, but recognize that there are two ways to interpret if it is ready on time. I am confident that this will be ready at least two weeks before the Open (he'll want people to get the chance to play it a bunch before we see it on TV). I'm less confident it will be ready (especially a simulator version) in the next 7 days. If ProTee does the update and course sync next Monday and clv24 releases it a week later, I'm just requesting that ProTee does a special course sync to get that course onto our server.

    If they won't, hopefully clv24 would be willing to e-mail one of us the course file so we could publish it directly as it would be a shame to miss out on playing this course before the US Open. He is of course under no obligation to send anyone the course file.

  • keither5150
    commented on 's reply
    I believe that we were actually counting on that course from theclv24 to be done by that time. If it's not, we will have to pick one of the Oakmont's ..... which I haven't found a good one yet. Or pick an entirely different course. You can see the real course here http://www.oakmont-countryclub.org/D...d=249554&vnf=1 I am looking forward to clv24 releasing this one.

  • ks-man
    replied
    I wrote this in a comment earlier but wanted it to be easier to find as I think it is important.

    ProTee United, since the update is scheduled for release next week you guys should be aware that theclv24 is very close to releasing Oakmont. I'm guessing he is still 1-2 weeks away. Typically he would then release the ProTee version a few days to a week after that. With the US Open scheduled for 6/16-6/19 please consider doing a course sync after he releases each of those versions. It was incredible for me playing Magnolia a number of times right before the Masters. I felt I knew that course like I was a caddie. I would love to do the same with Oakmont. It would be a shame if Oakmont is available for the console version but we miss out on playing it in our version before the Open due to not scheduling a course sync. Thanks for listening.

    Leave a comment:


  • ks-man
    commented on 's reply
    Guest, since the update is scheduled for release next week you guys should be aware that theclv24 is very close to releasing Oakmont. I'm guessing he is still 1-2 weeks away. Typically he would then release the ProTee version a few days to a week after that. With the US Open scheduled for 6/16-6/19 please consider doing a course sync after he releases each of those versions. It was incredible for me playing Magnolia a number of times right before the Masters. I felt I knew that course like I was a caddie. I would love to do the same with Oakmont. It would be a shame if Oakmont is available for the console version but we miss out on playing it in our version before the Open due to not scheduling a course sync. Thanks for listening.

  • keither5150
    replied
    One of the best things about the tour is, playing along with the pros on the same course. Some of the courses on the tour have been bang on for accuracy..... less the gallery. As time goes on, they are adding more and more tools for the designers to make more accurate courses. When you play a course that is accurate, make note of the designer, usually all of their courses will be great. I remember playing whistling straights and thinking.... there's no way that there is that many bunkers there. Then I saw the pros play it and was amazed at how close it was to real life.

    Leave a comment:


  • keither5150
    replied
    Not a dumb question. In the past I have practiced on the wrong course as well. I don't think that any 2 courses can be named the exact name. Once the tournament is active, you can see what the yardage is as well. It is unfortunate that anyone can auto create a course and name in Magnolia national gold tees. There really should be some kind of certification for accuracy. KSman has put together a nice little list of real life courses. In the Spring tour we have included the complete name of the course. If you type the complete name, you will be able to find the correct course. With 100000 courses, there will obviously be quite a few that are not worth playing. If you also look at number of plays, that is usually a pretty good indication that it's a good course. That being said.... Welcome to The Golf Club.

    Leave a comment:


  • Psw757
    replied
    Originally posted by mthunt View Post

    We test them all and pick the best course based on the poll we posted a while back. First accuracy then playability. If there's a short version of an accurate RCR, we use it. If there's no short version, we use the long one and if there's no good RCR at all we pick one of the better sim courses like last week
    I guess I didn't ask my question correctly.

    So this week is quail hollow and I search for it and selected the one labeled Wells Fargo championship and it turned out to be wrong course.

    Is there an easy way to identify the best courses? I was going to play a magnolia national the other day and there was like 3 pages of magnolia nationals.

    What am I missing? I'm new to this and have only been setup for a week so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ironstrokes
    replied
    Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
    Spin Axis bug is fixed in the next version scheduled for release next week.

    Im going to quietly say that I am kinda a fan of the last three words of this post, that is all haha

    Leave a comment:


  • ProTee United
    commented on 's reply
    Spin Axis bug is fixed in the next version scheduled for release next week.

  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Psw757 View Post
    When searching for courses, magnolia national for example there are multiple versions of the same thing. How do you know what the best versions are? I see the clv versions and the tour versions which I think are full length different pin locations. Visually on first tee I'm not seeing a big difference, what am I doing wrong here or should I be looking for?
    We test them all and pick the best course based on the poll we posted a while back. First accuracy then playability. If there's a short version of an accurate RCR, we use it. If there's no short version, we use the long one and if there's no good RCR at all we pick one of the better sim courses like last week

    Leave a comment:

Working...