TGC Spring Tour - Wells Fargo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bk1106
    commented on 's reply
    I also voted for accuracy as it was a no-brainer. But please do not take that poll so rigidly. If a course is just too long and many of us do not play the course anywhere near as it was designed to be played, the utility/benefit of accuracy is fundamentally lost even before the first tee box. In these instances, it may be better off to just pick something else. Just my 2 cents.

  • ks-man
    commented on 's reply
    A lot of the ProTee versions are in that 6200-6400 range. rdh is probably the most vocal over at HB-studios and he prefers the 6100-6300 yard courses. I personally like 6400-6600 and other prefer 6700-6900. In the end, the ones who are the loudest over there are most likely to get the distances they prefer. A few designers release white and blue versions around 6300 and 6700 to try and please everybody. I'm happy with whatever we get and don't want to request too much from designers who are putting in a lot of extra time to take of us. If RDH likes the 6200 yard courses and spends all the time trying to get simulator versions I'm willing to deal with a course shorter than my desired preference. We'll always have the longer full version if we want to try playing it the way the pros do.

  • Psw757
    commented on 's reply
    What version of sawgrass are we using? 6300 is a pretty short representation of that course. I think it normally plays around 7200 and blues are 6700.

  • Psw757
    replied
    they arent banana slices because they are still traveling roughly the normal amount of yardage I see irl, I guess you can say they are fading more than I expect which creates the issue of alignment and compensating for this.
    I think Im averaging about 800-1200 rpm side spin which is causing the drives to be maybe 20 yards right of course than I would expect.

    I'm not complaining, I really enjoy the software. Just trying to determine if it is me or the sim. I don't typically see this issue when playing in real life.
    Last edited by Psw757; 05-07-2016, 03:30 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • keither5150
    commented on 's reply
    BTW, this course at me for lunch as well. I didn't do very well.

  • FaultyClubs
    commented on 's reply
    How much side spin are we talking here and how far offline? Do you have a video showing this problem?

    I'm just wondering because I haven't noticed my fades turning into banana slices. They maybe fade a little more than expected but not that much.

  • Vincent_Vega
    commented on 's reply
    Cool, thanks. I think a vast majority of the issue is poor swings combined with the added discomfort of swinging indoors. No matter how much I tell myself there's plenty of headspace, I don't think swinging a driver indoors will ever feel natural to me. I have trouble turning my hands over indoors, hence the right side spin. Looking forward to trying the new update out. The camera changes alone are enough to get me excited.

  • keither5150
    commented on 's reply
    The vast majority of players want to play the same course as the pros. Quail Hollow does not have an accurate shorter version. If there was an accurate 6500 yard version available, we would have surely picked that course. At times the only accurate choice is a longer course. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. We can't please everyone all the time. The next event is 6300 yards. When the course is too short, watching it on TV kind of sucks as the shots being taken are not anywhere near what we are playing. More than 50% of the players polled chose accuracy to the real course as the deciding factor for choosing courses. We do take distance into account but accuracy is the number 1 factor.

  • Psw757
    replied
    I didn't mind the length of the course but sure hope the spin fix addresses fades turning into banana slices!

    Leave a comment:


  • bk1106
    replied
    This long course ridicules regular golfers that do not have the distance. Enough said!

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincent_Vega View Post

    Gotcha. Could be a difference in GC2 vs Skytrak side spin tolerances as well. I know the GC2 has a more precise side spin capture. Skytrak could be over exaggerating side spin at times. The Skytrak app feels spot on though. No biggie, but check it out if you get some free time. Many thanks
    I think spin tolerance may be better but I'm not positive.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ironstrokes
    replied
    Originally posted by ks-man View Post

    CLV released Oakmont this afternoon so we will get a version once the course sync happens. I'm guessing the ProTee version is still a few days out if not more. Good to know though that we will at least have some version of Oakmont coming. Oakland Hills also just got released (I think yesterday).

    That's awesome! Cant wait to give it a go, ill take any version we can get

    Leave a comment:


  • ks-man
    replied
    Originally posted by ks-man View Post
    I wrote this in a comment earlier but wanted it to be easier to find as I think it is important.

    ProTee United, since the update is scheduled for release next week you guys should be aware that theclv24 is very close to releasing Oakmont. I'm guessing he is still 1-2 weeks away. Typically he would then release the ProTee version a few days to a week after that. With the US Open scheduled for 6/16-6/19 please consider doing a course sync after he releases each of those versions. It was incredible for me playing Magnolia a number of times right before the Masters. I felt I knew that course like I was a caddie. I would love to do the same with Oakmont. It would be a shame if Oakmont is available for the console version but we miss out on playing it in our version before the Open due to not scheduling a course sync. Thanks for listening.
    CLV released Oakmont this afternoon so we will get a version once the course sync happens. I'm guessing the ProTee version is still a few days out if not more. Good to know though that we will at least have some version of Oakmont coming. Oakland Hills also just got released (I think yesterday).

    Leave a comment:


  • Mickey
    replied
    Another great course selection. Long but fair. The only one I haven't enjoyed is harbour town. Way too narrow for a course that long. Can't see myself ever playing it again.

    Leave a comment:


  • keither5150
    commented on 's reply
    I only swear when I play golf.
Working...