TGC Spring Tour - Wells Fargo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Psw757
    replied
    Originally posted by mthunt View Post

    The spin issue fixed in the update is low back spin. Spin under 1500 in TGC causes the ball to fall out of the sky. That is the change on spin. It stays in the air now.
    I'll have to take a look at the numbers on tgc tomorrow when I play my first round of tournament.

    I'm just scratching my head because it doesn't matter if I hit a fade or draw it seems to just be a little excessive. Distance for the most part seems correct however based on the swing speed/ball speed numbers it gives it doesn't really match up to what a flight optimizer shows.

    I went to a tangle last night to make sure I wasn't shanking the crap out of my drives and everything was normal. So I'm not sure what it if there is a problem.

    I didn't realize there is an alignment mode for the Skytrak where you align laser dots. I was just lining it up square to my mat but apparently a straight device doesn't guarantee the dots are in line.

    I will play around some more tomorrow

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Psw757 View Post
    Am I missing something here? Aren't the flight physics regarding spin in general one of the things being addressed in the update?
    The spin issue fixed in the update is low back spin. Spin under 1500 in TGC causes the ball to fall out of the sky. That is the change on spin. It stays in the air now.

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    My set up is GC2. When I pull up the post shot screen in TGC the ball speed, side spin, spin axis, back spin, direction, launch and ball speed are all the exact same numbers that are displayed on my GC2. I have never tried Skytrak with TGC but I'd assume it's using the numbers from the Skytrak. Neither the GC2 or Skytrak capture swing speed so forget about looking at swing speed in TGC unless you have a Protee sensor. If I hit a driver with 150 ball and 13 launch and 500 right or left spin it fades or draws about 15 yards.

    I reread your post. You don't say what is wrong. What is it? You can hit a baby draw IRL. What happens in TGC? Where does the ball go in TGC?

    IMO, TGC over estimates the shape slightly on draw or fade but it's not like a draw will fade or a straight show will slice. It's more like a 500 left spin shot will draw 15 yards and draw 10 IRL.

    What exactly are you seeing?

    Leave a comment:


  • Psw757
    replied
    Originally posted by mthunt View Post

    How is a slice a TGC issue exactly? Are you saying that your skytrak is showing straight numbers and the ball is slicing? Are you showing draw spin on the skytrak and hitting a slice? I don't see this in my TGC set up.
    I didn't say I had a slice the other poster did.

    What I said was on Skytrak I can hit a fade that starts on centerline and ends up 5-10 yards right of centerline or I can hit a fade that starts maybe 5-10 yards left of centerline and ends up on centerline. I wouldn't call these slices, this is a fade.

    I haven't been able to consistently do this on tgc, the spin numbers(side spin) seem to be slightly exaggerated.

    I have no idea why the Skytrak range represents what my actual game is but tgc seems slightly worse.

    Coupe other things I noticed in comparing Skytrak numbers vs tgc vs my fitting on gc2

    My driver ss and ball speed averaged 105.6 /155 on gc2. Launch and spin conditions 12-14 degrees and 2500 avg.

    I'm able to consistently hit these numbers using the Skytrak app but on the tgc I don't think I've seen a driver ss over 101 and the spin always seems a little higher.

    Am I missing something here? Aren't the flight physics regarding spin in general one of the things being addressed in the update?

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Psw757 View Post

    I think this is more of a tgc spin issue as well.

    I'm a natural fade player but can hit a baby draw as well and I'm able to go this at will on the Skytrak range and irl. For some reason I really struggle off the tee with driver in tgc.

    Like I said, hitting in same space with Skytrak range I can duplicate my normal swing speed ball speed and typical flight pattern.

    I'm hoping this is one of the things that will be addressed in the next update!
    How is a slice a TGC issue exactly? Are you saying that your skytrak is showing straight numbers and the ball is slicing? Are you showing draw spin on the skytrak and hitting a slice? I don't see this in my TGC set up.

    Leave a comment:


  • rsuslow
    commented on 's reply
    I've read this is something being addressed. Thank goodness because I do have a slice in real life, and in the ST Range, but I can usually compensate with aim. In TGC, it doesn't matter how for off I aim. That ball will slice through the fairway 70 yards when I'm already aiming 20-30 yards right (I'm a lefty).

  • Psw757
    replied
    Originally posted by ks-man View Post
    Played my second round and continue to struggle off the tee. I think this is the major thing that is holding me back from being able to consistently put up some low scores. A nasty slice has worked its way into my driver and for four weeks now I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. A few weeks ago pretty much all my shots were right to left and I'm still seeing that with my irons. I'm hoping once I start getting outside and feeling more free with my driver (the main club that I feel cramped with inside) I'll be able to put that final piece together.

    Round 2
    I think this is more of a tgc spin issue as well.

    I'm a natural fade player but can hit a baby draw as well and I'm able to go this at will on the Skytrak range and irl. For some reason I really struggle off the tee with driver in tgc.

    Like I said, hitting in same space with Skytrak range I can duplicate my normal swing speed ball speed and typical flight pattern.

    I'm hoping this is one of the things that will be addressed in the next update!

    Leave a comment:


  • ks-man
    replied
    Played my second round and continue to struggle off the tee. I think this is the major thing that is holding me back from being able to consistently put up some low scores. A nasty slice has worked its way into my driver and for four weeks now I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. A few weeks ago pretty much all my shots were right to left and I'm still seeing that with my irons. I'm hoping once I start getting outside and feeling more free with my driver (the main club that I feel cramped with inside) I'll be able to put that final piece together.

    Round 2

    Leave a comment:


  • wbond
    replied
    Really, what is going on with all these long courses. These cannot be that playable or even enjoyable for most. It doesn't matter that this is a sim environment. Many par 4's well over 460 and even over 500. Then kick in a few crazy pin positions, unreachable fairways and some really tight driving holes. I'm going to guess these scores are going to be worse than the Heritage ones.

    Leave a comment:


  • Psw757
    replied
    I played 12 holes yesterday and started having wifi issues, kept freezing up on me. Will try again today.

    There is definitely no margin for error off the tee, very tight.

    Nice course though. Anyone know if the layout is similar to the real quail hollow ?

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    I didn't pick this course. lol. I'm afraid to try it now.

    Leave a comment:


  • V8burble
    commented on 's reply
    Well, that is reassuring! I snapped my 4 iron two weeks ago in a fit of golfing rage! When I finally finish my rounds on this course I might do something more enjoyable like go outside and mow the lawn - with scissors.

  • rsuslow
    commented on 's reply
    My wife may have a picture of it on her phone, haha

  • rsuslow
    replied
    Ended the tourney 90 over. Did I make the cut?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ironstrokes
    replied
    Originally posted by rsuslow View Post
    So......I hate this course haha. On my way to a 47 over....I acted like my three year old, doing everything but laying on my belly wailing my arms and legs. I think I even cried on 17 when, using my driver, I couldn't reach. Couldn't reach most of the fairways either. I'm going to knock out my second round and lay in bed in the fetal position repeating over and over "I did my best"

    This course is brutal.
    Hahaha that I did my best part made me laugh, could picture it happening

    Leave a comment:

Working...