Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Bob Chung winning the TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Franklin Templeton Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 XMAS Tour - XMAS Champions of Champions with 2 rounds at Glen Abbey CC (White Tees) by BoomBoom : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-of-champions
See more
See less

V-Cam placement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Cam placement

About a week ago I wrote the following to info@protee-united.com, but unfortunately I got no answer. I was really expecting an answer, because I have read numerous times in the forums, that they have great support. Anyway, maybe someone here can help me:

Hi

I am building a golf simulator room in my home. Currently considering what to buy: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...t-to-buy-build

I am considering to start out with your Base Pack 2. Have skimmed this document about installation: http://www.par2pro.com/ProTee/ProTeeUserManual.pdf. A.o. it states that the camera should be placed 1,00m in front of and 2,40m to the side of the ball. My room is 3,50m wide. So if I want to hit from the middle of the room it leaves only 1,75m to the side (red on attached image). If I place the hitting area 2,40m to the side (and still need to be looking at the center of the screen), the screen can only be 2,20m wide (blue on attached image), and only right-handed players will be able to play. I would really like to avoid that, play from the center of the room to have full screen-width, and to be able to invite lefties.

Therefore I have the question, if I will be able to make the camera work as intended if it is only placed 1,75m to the side? The documentation says 2.40m. Can't I calibrate somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Per Steffensen

ProTee United

Comment

• ProTee United
      ProTee United commented
      Editing a comment
      We probably never received it. Also our support is better/more responsive then our sales.... ;-)

• Per Steffensen
      Per Steffensen commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I definitely sent it :-) I will try support next time. It is just that "Contact Us" on protee-united.com says info@protee-united.com.

I can look at mine when I get home. I didnt so much measure as I did place it until ball fit in the square correctly. I will measure what it is.

Comment

Mine is 8 1/2 feet. I don’t think you would want to go too much closer than that. Not sure what that works out to in meters.

Comment

• Per Steffensen
        Per Steffensen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats 2.6 meters, which is even more than 2.4. meters I saw in the video

That is from the tee.

Comment

With the width of your room there is little likelihood that your set-up would work for both righties and lefties.

My room is 3.9 meters wide and my ProTee base sensor is offset by 20 cm (if I recall correctly). Without the offset, any longer clubs would be hitting the wall behind me. I also cannot take practice swings, even with the offset.

You can get the V-Cam to work so don't be concerned about that. As for centering the sensor, I would advise against it.

ProTee is a good system. I've had mine for over 3 years and it works well.

Also, don't get hung up on "centering" the screen. Install the screen so that you get the biggest image. You don't say how high the ceiling is in your room but I would guess that the screen format would be 4:3.

The TGC sim program includes a setting to "offset" the ball in the screen image to match up with the center line of the sensor pad (to match any offset in the sensor pad location).

In other words, make the screen appropriate to the room, you don't have to match it up with your hitting position - the software should allow for that.

Comment

Here is a video:

1,75m on each side leaves very little room for your swing. You might want to check that first with a simple test. Mark the ball position in the room where the sensor mat will be (centered). Make some full swings over that marker point. You probably hit the back wall with your longer irons and driver.

Its important they you are able to swing freely.

TGC Tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

Comment

Originally posted by aja View Post
            Also, don't get hung up on "centering" the screen. Install the screen so that you get the biggest image. You don't say how high the ceiling is in your room but I would guess that the screen format would be 4:3.

The TGC sim program includes a setting to "offset" the ball in the screen image to match up with the center line of the sensor pad (to match any offset in the sensor pad location).

In other words, make the screen appropriate to the room, you don't have to match it up with your hitting position - the software should allow for that.
            Great info. Thanks!

The room is about 9,2 feet high, so yes 4:3 probably will be the best match.

You can get the V-Cam to work so don't be concerned about that.
            That answers my question. Thanks a lot!
            Not that I do not trust you, but better safe than sorry: ProTee United do you agree, that I should not be concerned about make the V-Cam work properly, even if it is only 1,75 meters to the side?

With the width of your room there is little likelihood that your set-up would work for both righties and lefties.

My room is 3.9 meters wide and my ProTee base sensor is offset by 20 cm (if I recall correctly). Without the offset, any longer clubs would be hitting the wall behind me. I also cannot take practice swings, even with the offset.
            Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
            1,75m on each side leaves very little room for your swing. You might want to check that first with a simple test. Mark the ball position in the room where the sensor mat will be (centered). Make some full swings over that marker point. You probably hit the back wall with your longer irons and driver.

Its important they you are able to swing freely.
            Well, actually I did check to see I will be hitting the wall behind me when only being 1,75m to the side. I believe it will be fine, but maybe I am wrong about how it "feels" when you get to play for real. Currently there is a huge stove in the middle of the room, so I really cant get to swing for real yet.

Guess I will figure out along the way whether I want it centered or not. If it is true that I can make it work properly only 1,75m from the side, it is not a decision I need to make right now. It is just important at this stage that I do not eliminate the option of centering with only 1,75m at each side.

Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
            The video says nothing about, how far the camera has to be to the side :-)

ProTee is a good system. I've had mine for over 3 years and it works well.
            Happy to hear that. That is the one I am most hooked on at the moment.

Comment

Working...
            X