Wedge problems with TGC on ProTee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedge problems with TGC on ProTee

I have been reading the problems with the wedge play on TGC on the various forums while playing on the Pro Tee simulator. We have previously experienced 140 yard LW's and thought it was just a glitch that we lived with. Recently, it is happening more and more. I haven't read in the forums how this was to be corrected.

Today, I watched a golfer use a sand wedge where the swing was not overpowering. The ball was sent into orbit! It went 250 yards skyward, did a loop backwards to about 150 yards and then proceeded to come back to earth after going forward to 313 yards. I have version 3.5 for the TGC and 3.16d for the interface. I am looking for suggestions as to get the wedge play more realistic. All help is appreciated. Thank you.

I have a similar issue with my setup. I have seen much longer distances then normal, but not as long as you are seeing.
    Anyway, with wedges that have launch angle above low to mid 30 degrees, the distances are often way to high. With my setup the shaft or club head often hits the front sensors before the ball. I can't hit a normal S or L wedge shot. Also, sometimes the launch angle camera senses my body instead of the ball and the launch angle sensed is much higher then actual. Some camera screen shots might help us improve the situation.

Comment

Thank you for the information. I guess golfers will have to keep shaft more up and down vs. leaning forward.

Comment

OP describes a misread, plain and simple.

Comment

Usually a camera/protee interface set up issue. The vertical camera probably is catching your hosel reflection on follow through. Check your ball streak and adjust your grey scale sliders.

Comment

Craig:
            I take it you have had this issue and found gray scale sliders fix the issue. I have tried that, but I still have the issue. Did you change something else as well?

Comment

Craig:
              I find the ball streak is fine on my setup, not a hosel reflection issue. Glub and ball speeds are high for high launched wedge shots. Where do have the gray scale set at?

Comment

I have a new setup and I'm seeing the same issue that buckygolf describes, although it is on most shots and with all clubs.

I posted some pictures in a new thread: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ls-to-register

Any advice would be welcome.

Tom

cc Stonebattle

Comment

Guys,
                  This is an issue when the club passes the ball track first and is actually to do with an conflict of data being sent out of sync when the club passes the ball track first.
                  This combined with some system setting would mean system confusion under certain scenarios

This has been worked on and version 3.17b is the current working version which corrects this.
                  I have hit hundreds of wedge shots full on flop shots, flop chips etc and not one single miss.
                  Big shout out to Lieuwe at ProTee UTD for being a genius.
                  We worked on finding the parameters where fails would occur and re work routines to correct the issue and all looks very good.

If updating from anything prior to 3.16p you will need a clean install.
                  Email me jamie@proteeuk.co.uk and I will instruct you until we get it on the Protee CSC site.
                  If I have time when you contact me, I will do it for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X