X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zmax's recommended ProTee Interface settings

Updated 12/26/14

Zmax's recommended settings:

You can make changes to the settings file from the interface by holding down the keys ALT E to bring up the settings file editor.

Look for the following items and make the recommended changes.

All Club Speed set to default
    All Club Spin set to default
    All Ball speed set to default
    All Drag set to default
    All Lift set to default

SS_calculation=True
    SS_Iron=0
    SS_Driver=2
    SS_Putter=0
    SS_Wood=0

Puttingmat_angle_correction = 2

(Note: these worked for me. might be different for you)
    Club_path_correction_Driver=-1
    Club_path_correction_Wood=-2
    Club_path_correction_Iron=-3
    Club_path_correction_Wedge=-2
    Club_face_correction_Driver=2
    Club_face_correction_Wood=3
    Club_face_correction_Iron=3
    Club_face_correction_Wedge=4

Use_TBS=True
    Spinrate_increase_factor_wedge_0_to_15=15
    Spinrate_increase_factor_wedge_16_to_35=13
    Spinrate_increase_factor_wedge_36_more=10

TGC penalty:
    Green_bunker_decrease_factor= 40

All others are set to zero

ProTee 2.0 penalty:
    Green_bunker_decrease_factor= 55
    Green bunker_decrease_factor=55

V_cam_fallback=40
    H_cam_fallback=40
    Gear_effect_factor=-1

Investigate_V_cam_method_wedges=PT5
    Investigate_V_cam_method_non_wedges=PT5
    Investigate_H_cam_method=PT1
    Investigate_V_cam_method_driver=PT5
    Investigate_H_cam_method_driver=PT1

Number_of_iterations=35

Chipping_use_clubspeed=True
    Pitching_use_clubspeed=True

Chipping_distance= 32M (35 yards)
    Chipping_ballspeed_factor=50
    Chipping_drag_factor=100
    Chipping_minimum_launch_angle= 1

Pitching_distance=41M (45 yards)
    Pitching_ballspeed_factor=85
    Pitching_drag_factor=100
    Pitching_minimum_launch_angle= 1

Max_HCam_diameter_correction_ball=7
    Max_VCam_diameter_correction_ball=4
    MaX1_HCam_diameter_correction_ball=7
    MaX1_VCam_diameter_correction_ball=4

Spin_decrease_factor_irons_at_low_LA=10
    Spin_decrease_factor_woods_at_low_LA=10
    Spin_decrease_factor_drivers_at_low_LA=0
    Spin_decrease_factor_wedges_at_low_LA=0
    Last edited by Maverick; 01-18-2015, 05:24 AM.

Boerdoc I'm looking at your support ticket right now and I'm not seeing things go back and forth 11 times...

We can not just remote in everytime someone asks. 85% of the questions can be solved by mail.

We advise you not to change any settings when you are experiencing problems. Once you start changing settings you will be looking for a needle in a haystack.
    Start clean everything default, right out of the box. Then make an inventory of what you think is not working the way you expect it to work.
    Our helpdesk can then advise you on what to change in order to get the results you want.

Of course you are free to try all the settings available. Let us know if Bubba's settings work for you.

Comment

This is where I got the 11 from. (see attachment). I agree that the best and most efficient method is to use email first, no worries about that. I will be keeping the settings as "out of the box" and not changing them to begin with. The last email is the first time that I was advised not to change the settings. I have read and reread and researched how to setup the protee system. It seems that most users tweak their systems and there are commonly used tweaks that are used yet they are not in the default settings. Even when I have installed the interface from scratch, the settings are not at default settings. Some examples of this are, club path correction, spin rate increases, club face correction, etc....Very confusing. The installed settings are not default on purpose I guess. I just do not "get it". My fault.

I am trusting the support technicians about this but it seems that we are going backwards or at least in circles. When I first contacted support I was on 3.06G interface. Nothing has changed and I am told that all I need to do is use that interface and all should be good. Hmm? I will try this. I still do not understand how the left-handed in to out swing 6* face to path gives a left spin. As I said, I will try it and we will go from there.

Comment

You should uninstall that 3.06H version. This version is not OK and has been taken offline right after you downloaded it.
        This version was published by mistake and will give you a reversed spin. Please install version 3.06g like everybody else.

The helpdesk has told you about this so I do not understand why you are still using this.

Comment

I am not using 3.06H anymore. I changed to 3.06H when they told me to. I got the results you see above. 10 hours ago, after I sent them the above pics, they told me that the 3.06H was wrong. So I changed back to 3.06g again this morning. I did a complete uninstall and removed the other files as directed in one of the first support emails. I have not been able to retest 3.06g yet as I am at work. I will do so without adjusting any settings and see what happens. Thank you for taking your time on this matter.

BTW, has anyone else had an issue with reverse spin on 3.06G?

Comment

The interface screenshot above clearly shows version 3.06h. Please double check. The interface should say version 3.06g on top.

Comment

Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
              The interface screenshot above clearly shows version 3.06h. Please double check. The interface should say version 3.06g on top.
              That was last night... I have since changed the interface. Please look at the pics attached from last friday. These were from the old interface, not 3.06H. A clear in to out swing by a left-hander that goes out right and bends right. Maybe I had screwed up something in the settings that caused this. Please correct me if I am wrong. Shouldn't this go out left and bend back to the right and not start right and go right? This seems to have the correct curvature (spin) but the wrong path. How do I correct this? Alignment of the sensor??

Either way, I will test the 3.06g interface and untouched settings and see what happens.

Comment

This screenshot shows an in/out swing from a left hander, but the ball starts perfectly straight (ball path straight). Not right/left.

So ball goes out straight (not left) and bend right.

Maybe the image looks bit confusing, but the end result is correct.
                Last edited by ProTee United; 12-03-2015, 09:49 PM. Reason: Added extra details

Comment

IF you expected the ball to go left first (and not straight like on this shot), then you might need to check the Horizontal camera alignment and settings. Thats not something we can see on the analysis screenshots.

Comment

With regards to this whole topic, have the recommended settings not changed somewhat since the introduction of TGC?

Are they summarized somewhere, ie. ProTee settings optimized for TGC?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X