This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Trak renewal fee....

I bought my TGC with my sky trak last February.....we had to pay $99 fee for ST along with the $1000 for TGC....we were told it was going to still cost $99 each year with ST.........I just got an email that says i need to pay $200 to renew to be able to use simulation software??? This can't be right.....or is it??

i was about to pull the trigger on a ST and saw this change...the play and improve pkg is needed for sim play now...i dont own any apple products so the WGT products are no good to me ..i could live with the 99/annual but 200...how much next year?...GC2 or ES16 here i come

Comment

Looks like complete BS move by Skytrak, just a damn money grab.

Comment

When did that change, seems a little like bait and switch.

Comment

agree, that is shitty...seth told me months ago they will do anything to change the GIP package, he didnt agree with it too.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see the other big boys in the market start to charge. Everything now is based on services/yearly fee, but doubling the existing fee is over the top.

Comment

Just went and looked at their website, yes $200 for a renewal that works with TGC. I haven't even got mine setup yet as I just bought it before the end of the year while it was on sale.

Comment

Wow that's B.S.
                forcing that POS WGT game on us and making us pay the extra $99 saying we need that package for sim play... I'm sure there will be lots of unhappy customers...

Comment

Wow that is ridiculous. Originally when it was first launched it was going to be a ONE TIME fee for early adopters, then they changed it to $99 yearly and had lots of blow back. Now this.. that's unfortunate. Glad I renewed 1/10/17 for $99 and hopefully will be switching to GC2 before I need to renew again.

Comment

• jjkoolman
                    jjkoolman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just double checked and it appears I do not have access to 3rd party simulation anymore. That's not cool... need to pay another $99 for play and improve.

• frackh
                    frackh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just checked my account, still have access to TGC and looks like they upgraded my Skygolf account to include P&I. Still don't care to play on my iPad since I have TGC. This an unfortunate move on their part to hike the rate by 100%.

This is a joke, right? I just ordered my Skytrak and WAS gonna order the JNPG sim after I got it up and going, but now will probably wait for the Tittle X to come out. I can't see spending $450 a year for part time indoor golf..............
                  Last edited by Jeff Tilley; 02-05-2017, 05:10 AM.

Comment

That is complete BS. That's a lot of dough for nothing. Yeah, that's pretty bait and switch.

Comment

It is bait and switch ... They introduced a $300 off holiday deal to reel everyone in and now jack up the prices

Comment

Bs !!! Wth !!!
                        Last edited by StanMI; 02-05-2017, 04:24 AM. Reason: Could be kids here....

Comment

I just checked my account... now have the P&I even though I only bought the GIP last December. Not even a reach around email to let us know about this... Someone has some explaining to do...

Comment

• Scyukon
                            Scyukon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Indeed I paid for another year at 99 in early January, then got a pop up yesterday that my licence was expiring in 14 days. Not happy about this at all.

Jerks. This why I dumped my SkyCaddie and switched to a different brand and will never buy another.

Comment

Working...
                          X