Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak v4.0 Beta

Hi Everyone,

Before we do a full rollout of v4.0, I’d like to let the forum test drive it. The release notes are pretty self-explanatory, but do take note of the graphics quality options found in the in-game settings. We initially set it automatically based on your device’s graphics capabilities, but feel free to play around to find the best combination of graphics/performance.

A lot has changed with Apple and Google since our last release. Apple has discontinued support for the original iPad Air and will not allow it to upgrade to iOS 13. Because of this, we will not be able to offer the v4.0 upgrade and beyond to original iPad Air. For Google, as of November any app updates must meet new requirements for Android 10, so many older devices will not be able to run v4.0 and beyond.

V4.0 Release Notes

- Improved Range Graphics
    - Improved Tracers
    - Improved Camera Views
    - Limited supported characters in Profile Name
    - Restricted Altitude and temperature to realistic values
    - Fixed duplicate club bug in Bag Management
    - Fixed Bag Mapping bug in offline mode
    - Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements

PC 64 bit: http://dl.skygolf.com/skytrak/4.0.0/..._x64_4.0.0.exe
    PC 32 bit: http://dl.skygolf.com/skytrak/4.0.0/..._x86_4.0.0.exe

iOS: https://testflight.apple.com/join/4EU7Qa32

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rttrak.skytrak
    Last edited by SkyTrak_Seth; 02-10-2021, 05:28 PM.

works great no problems as of yet

Comment

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post
      Everyone, thank you all so much for the valuable feedback on the beta version. While we continue to sort out the last outstanding issues (most notably the custom bag bug that a handful of you experienced), I'm making sure that your comments/requests make there way into the final release pertaining to camera views, tracers, shadows, etc. We'll get another beta posted up here likely next week for one last run through.
      Can we please get a 'window' practice function? basically a mid air 3 x 3 square that will require 9 shot types to get a ball through each square (Draw/Straight/Fade - High/Mid/Low).
      Would just need to be able to set the distance to the window.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ball-flight-2.jpg
Views:	1390
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	324201
      Last edited by Ryan O'Keefe; 03-13-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Morini
        Morini commented
        Editing a comment
        I am working on creating "windows" in TGC2019. Will publish if it works out well

• SkyTrak_Seth
        SkyTrak_Seth commented
        Editing a comment
        In the works!

Some of these have already been pointed out, but...
      • Graphics updates are really nice!
      • "Follow ball" camera angle was better in 3.4.2
      • Overall update to tracers are great (I especially like the dark "shadow" on the turf, which is an effective visual reference on ball flight)
      • More realistic spin decay and/or physics model when ball hits turf would be great
      • App seems extremely stable on Windows 10, haven't tried on iOS yet...
      Overall, great stuff. Thanks!

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth - Any news on the further update for 4.0?

Comment

Yep! We finally resolved the custom bag issue that has been holding this up. Expect to post a new beta in the coming days.

Comment

what is the target date to get this release out Seth? Long time since June update from 2020.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
              SkyTrak_Seth commented
              Editing a comment
              As soon as it's approved.

I see version 4 is now out. The webpage says for windows only. Is the iPad version out?

Comment

I understand SkyTrak is aware that the new app version has a bug for Android users that is preventing at least some of them from direct or network connections. I would really, really appreciate if you could supply an .apk for the older version so we can roll back. I need the SkyTrak this week and not being able to connect is tough.

Comment

Originally posted by eyc908 View Post
                I understand SkyTrak is aware that the new app version has a bug for Android users that is preventing at least some of them from direct or network connections. I would really, really appreciate if you could supply an .apk for the older version so we can roll back. I need the SkyTrak this week and not being able to connect is tough.
                It was literally the worst timing possible! We must have pressed the release buttons at the same time because just as we released, Android released a security update that broke the unit connection in the app. We are close to having that solved and will release a patch as soon as possible. In the meantime, I've PM'd you a link to v3.4.2 APK.

Comment

I had an interesting experience last night. Skytrak was super buggy when I turned it on. Laser was going on and off intermittently and it wouldn’t recognize shots. I tried all the normal stuff. No luck. It still wouldn’t work.

Finally I tried moving things around in the background. I have the computer on a silver computer stand. Same as it’s always been but I moved it out of Skytrak’s view and immediately we were back to normal.

I realize the timing could be purely coincidental but is it possible that the latest update had something to do with it? Made it more sensitive to reflective surfaces or something? That’s the only difference leading into last night - nothing else had changed in set-up.

I doubt it as I believe that the update was purely to the software but I figure interesting to note if nothing else. I can’t imagine what else would have happened other than sometimes electronics are electronics!

Comment

Ha! Nope, we didn't change anything that would affect image capture, sensitivity, etc. I do strongly suggest avoiding anything that could be potentially reflective from the field of view. I'm actually surprised it ever worked with something metal/silver in the background.

Comment

• RAH5
                      RAH5 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah - religiously for like 4 months! Back working perfect again too. Love it - incredible device!
                  Working...
                  X