Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official SkyTrak v4.1 Release

Hi All,

We've been working to meet some outstanding (in both senses of the word) customer requests and Spin Decay was high on that list. We have added Spin Decay to our flight model and took care of several of bugs that have been reported over the last few months. This is mostly a maintenance release, but as always, we hope you enjoy!

v4.1 Release Notes:
    - Spin Decay added to flight model
    - Improved/simplified process for sending logs to customer support
    - Miscellaneous Bug Fixes and Improvements

PC: https://www.skytrakgolf.com/support/downloads

iOS should be live now and Android hopefully within 24 hours.

Who has a link for previous version 4.02

Comment

Did the Skytrak servers go down yesterday?

I installed version 4.1 with no issues, was about 50 shots into a practice session and it locked up. I closed and reopened the app and it would not recognize me and asked for my user name and password, then still would not recognize me. I had just signed in with the same user name and password when I did the 4.1 install.
      My published Courses, all Lidar:

My Early Courses:
      Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
      Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
      Boyne Moor Lidar
      BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
      CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
      Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
      Marco Island CC Lidar3
      Willow Metropark Lidar5
      Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Later Courses:
      Fraserglen Golf Course, British Columbia
      Meadowbrook Northville (L)
      The Glen (Illinois) Lidar
      Deer Park Estate GC, Scotland
      Green Craig Point GC, Scotland
      Red Rock GC Las Vegas MTN
      Ottumwa Country Club
      And Many More...

Comment

• jpotas
        jpotas commented
        Editing a comment
        So I logged in today with no issue!!!!!! Also as a side note, my offset alignment was shifted correctly once I was able to log in. The system remembered my settings. I did not try to change it though so I do not know if that was possible.

• SkyTrak_Seth
        SkyTrak_Seth commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not aware of any system outages...glad it seems to be resolved, but please let me know if it crops up again.

Hi @SkyTrak_Seth

Are you able to quantify how big a change this will make to ball flight to say a 7 iron and driver that travelled say 150 and 250 yards respectively that were both say offline by ~40 yards before v4.1?

And (seriously!) why has it taken so long to develop and release this given that your customers have been asking for this for years and years?

It would also be good to know what SkyTrak deems to be the next big issue that the majority of customers would like developed or fixed!

Cheers!

Comment

• Morini
        Morini commented
        Editing a comment
        Impossible to tell from that info. The impact of lack of accounting for spin decay increases exponentially with increased spin axis. Baby draw = slightly bigger draw. Small hook = duck hook.

I installed 4.1 and I can confirm that especially on Driver and 3wood the range now closely mirrors what I'm used to seeing on TGC2019 Driving range in regards to side-spin. Like another user who commented, I also could not adjust offset. I rebooted and I still could not adjust. All in all, I'm happy this update came out as now when I feel like practicing or working on one specific thing, I will just load up ST Range, instead of using the TGC2019 range.

Comment

I installed update 4.1 and didn’t see any noticeable improvement in regards to swing decay. I wonder why that is… Everyone seems to really notice the difference. I also have the same issue with not being able to adjust the center line. I was able to get it adjust once then continued to lock. Also, 45 degree perspective seems to highlight along with the center line adjustment tab. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Comment

• Morini
          Morini commented
          Editing a comment
          For a given spin axis, there will be less ball curvature. That's it. Not sure what expected.

• SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          As Morini said, spin decay is not a huge effect on ball flight. You will notice less curvature on the more extreme hooks and slices, but it's not going to keep the ball I put in the woods in the middle of the fairway

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post

This will only affect shots in the SkyTrak app. TGC users their own flight model.
        Thank you Seth!

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback on the off-set adjustment. I'll get whatever it is taken care of in a quick follow-up release.

Comment

I appreciate the updates. It is really annoying that we have to log in again after every update.I know it is a minor complaint, but still annoying

Comment

• csmith10
              csmith10 commented
              Editing a comment
              The box is there to stay logged in on mine.

• dborden0
              dborden0 commented
              Editing a comment
              But after every update it logs you off and you have to do it again.

It seems like with the update, I get stuck on the checking license files for a really long period of time.By long, I mean up to 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by dborden0 View Post
              It seems like with the update, I get stuck on the checking license files for a really long period of time.By long, I mean up to 5 minutes.
              Same for me. Also, I can't turn off dispersion circles. Whether the switch is off or on, they show up.

Comment

Originally posted by dborden0 View Post
                I didn't download the 4.1 update and I had to wait 10 minutes while the license was being checked. This started when I activated my game improvement renewal.

Comment

I started the SkyTrak this morning and the license checking issue was gone, started promptly.

Comment

Is the 4.1 spin decay feature incorporated in E6 by now? If not what’s the timeline?

Comment

Is the 4.1 spin decay feature incorporated in E6 by now? If not what’s the timeline?
                      Highly doubtful. As far as I know, they have yet to implement the high ball speed fix, and that was 18 months+ ago.

Comment

Any timeline to the offset adjust issue? My last session before the upgrade was a driver session so my line is as far to the right as possible (room constraint). Annoying.

Spin decay improvement very much appreciated. My SkyTrak ball path matches up way better vs the real world.

Comment

Working...
                        X