SkyTrak PC - Beta
Collapse
X
-
Interesting and frustrating exercise yesterday.
After getting my PC to work which is my fixed system, I though I'd try my laptop and (for grins), my old, crappy, dead slow Windows tablet, so I had something to take to the range.
After much frustration, I still have not managed to get the laptop (Core i5 dual system running Windows 10 Pro) to work at all. Not via USB, not via Network Mode. Just opens up, and sits there on the Trying to connect screen, but hammers the CPU - using about 35-40% of the CPU on a reasonably decent laptop doing (apparently) absolutely nothing.
Went back to the PC to check there wasn't something going on with either the Skytrak or the wireless, connected flawlessly.
Several more attempts with the laptop with various reboots and different sequences of starting app up, connecting, turning ST on. Nothing.
For grins, I started up my (really old) tablet, which is also running Windows 10. Opened the app, Skytrak connected before I'd even got past the login screen via Network Mode. Up came the range, worked perfectly. Only downside was it took about 30 seconds for shots to show. Told you it was old and crappy...
Mystified why the laptop won't connect. Anyone got any thoughts ?
Oh, and SkyTrak_Seth , suggest you update the connection instructions in the PC app to refer to the connection to PC and not instruct users to login to their iPad...
-
No, in Device Manager, it shows up as a WinUSB device.
While it's connected, it shows up as Rapsodo Launch Monitor in Devices and Printers, when disconnected or powered off, it disappears from there.
FWIW, the other thing I did differently was sequencing, I had the unit connected via USB but turned off, opened the Skytrak app, logged in, then turned on the device. Don't know if that made the difference for me or not, but it was the sequence that bennyg211 said he was using...
-
That's the same one I have - but it still doesn't work. I have yet to connect it to the network mode and try it that way (since that requires the PC to have a wifi dongle)
Leave a comment:
-
It's a Microsoft device driver from 2012, shows up as a generic WinUsb device. Do you want driver file details, such .inf name, etc ?
Leave a comment:
-
So is it a requirement to connect the application via Network mode first (to upgrade firmware), before you can do USB direct? Currently this would pose a problem if you are using the Skytrak App on a PC without a wifi adapter. Just giving input/feedback - and curious if this sounds correct?
Leave a comment:
-
Interesting. I was thinking that it would probably work if I connected it via Network Mode, then did the update to the firmware. HOWEVER - I don't have a wifi adapter in my desktop PC, thus the only way I can connect to SkyTrak is via USB direct. And my laptop is running Linux, and the other laptop is a MAC.
-
Yep, that's the one. I wonder if this bug only effects Spin Axis setting or if it is also present when Side Spin is selected.
Leave a comment:
-
SkyTrak_Seth , in the Numbers Shown thread, HarryG commented that he thought he saw 'reverse' arrow indicators for spin axis. I can confirm that happens, screenshot below showing draw flight with left leaning spin axis with right pointing arrow.
1 Photo
Leave a comment:
-
Checked this morning and USB connection is working fine.
Not sure whether the fact that I connected yesterday first via Network Mode and got through the firmware update, synch the GIP to the unit, etc. had anything to do with it, but, I disconnected the PC from the Wifi Network to ensure it was connecting via USB, followed Bennyg211 sequence above, launch the app, then turn on the unit, after a short while (10 seconds or so...) it connected and all three lights came on. Worked fine from then on.
Leave a comment:
-
There is no option. I had the Skytrak connect by USB but turned off (so in charging mode). I boot up the Skytrak app and it goes through the login, then I power on the unit and it automitcally connects after 30s or so. You don't need to hit tap to connect or go into the network/direct mode options. I have the same WinUSB driver.
Leave a comment: