SkyTrak PC - Beta

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • aja
    commented on 's reply
    The info is out there in other posts. Check out the topics in the SkyTrak section. Processor is most important that's why everyone's been asking what do you connect to? what do you run it on?... how's the delay?

  • Godfather
    replied
    Originally posted by TorchRedRob View Post
    I'm right at 3 seconds with a 4790K @ 4.0, 8GB, GTX970, SSD. I agree that the processor should be the biggest contributor to this. GC2 is right around 1.3s for comparison purposes (based on youtube clips).
    Good info. Thanks. I also *think* processor is the most important, but I'm hoping for more definitive information from Skytrak or someone that can give more specifics.

    Leave a comment:


  • TorchRedRob
    replied
    I'm right at 3 seconds with a 4790K @ 4.0, 8GB, GTX970, SSD. I agree that the processor should be the biggest contributor to this. GC2 is right around 1.3s for comparison purposes (based on youtube clips).

    Leave a comment:


  • aja
    replied
    SkyTrak processing takes place upstream, ie. in the processsor so stands to reason that the faster the processor, the less delay. 16 GB RAM is overkill according to most experts but these days it's cheap enough to go for that as well.
    Storage drives don't really play a part once the program has loaded and you have enough RAM.
    Video has practically nothing to do with the deay - it just kicks out the final result.

    Leave a comment:


  • Godfather
    replied
    My goal is to minimize shot display delay. Can you guys who understand how the images are passed and processed, please rank the following? Again, the goal is purely to minimize shot delay and I don't care about frame rate, 4K, etc. just minimizing the delay.
    A) processor (i7 6700, 4 core vs 6 core, etc)
    B) processor RAM (8 GB vs 16 GB...)
    C) video card (GTX 970 vs 980Ti vs AMD...)
    D) Hard drive (SSD vs HDD)
    Last edited by Godfather; 01-29-2016, 09:19 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • druid68
    replied
    I had trouble getting the Skytrak to connect to the PC (win7x64) via usb and wifi. In direct mode via wifi, the wifi card would connect to the skytrak hotspot. But the skytrak software would never show connected. Then when I tried via usb cable, it was the same result; it would just hang at the connection screen.

    I then installed everything on a VMWare winxp virtual machine, and it worked.

    Went back to the native OS (win7) and eventually did something by accident that allowed the skytrak to connect. My pc is on a wired windows domain network. When I went into windows network connections and disabled the NIC associated with the wired windows domain network, the skytrak almost immediately connected via usb. I can then connect to my network wifi router and have internet access while connected to the skytrak via usb cable. Just wondering, is there a network setting or security setting that would break functionality if you are on a wired domain network? Thanks and sorry if this has already been asked/answered. I've only been on this forum for a week and while I've read quite a few posts it's not possible to review everything.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jimsol
    replied
    Thats even better.. Thats my last hurdle before I pull the trigger. I want the playing package and have heard a few issues with the PC 2.0 version. once the 2.1 is released I'm in
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.. Patiently waiting

    Jim

    Leave a comment:


  • SkyTrak_Seth
    replied
    v2.1 will not be beta. It's full PC release (and iOS update).

    Leave a comment:


  • ernie18
    replied
    Jimsol yeah im with you, the word pre black friday makes it sound like they have something else in store for us. Besides this sale runs till the end of the month anyway so its not like its going away. I'll wait for 2 more weeks for a wait see. November is my putting month anyway.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jimsol
    replied
    Right now I am in a stalemate as far as buying a Skytrak. I don't have a Ipad and am waiting for a next 2.1 beta version which I hear is going to more accurate and stable. From what you have posted you have have great success which the current version. For the money the Skytak does seem like the most logical choice, and very close numbers to what the big boys are putting out,
    The psecial they are offering seem like a great deal, Any news on whether or not they may have a Black Friday deal? I'm very close to pulling the trigger. just waiting for something to put me over the edge>

    Jim

    Leave a comment:


  • JKurz
    replied
    Running the beta software on a Windows 10 desktop via network mode, works fantastic!! Very speedy compared to the iPad! Can't wait for the official release!

    Leave a comment:


  • luv2golf
    replied
    Originally posted by wise990 View Post
    Should I be able to register my ST using the betta pc app? I am unable to get it to register, it just spins.
    You register on the skytrak website or using the IOS App, NOT the PC App

    Leave a comment:


  • wise990
    replied
    Should I be able to register my ST using the betta pc app? I am unable to get it to register, it just spins.

    Leave a comment:


  • SkyTrak_Seth
    replied
    Yep, very nice find Full PC will go out when v2.1 iOS gets submitted and will be updated with every subsequent IOS release. In QA right now, that's as specific as I can be.

    Leave a comment:


  • luv2golf
    replied
    Originally posted by Shardak View Post
    Hey I just figured out something that makes this PC beta much better. Even though it is locked at 1024x768 windowed mode..if you hit ALT-ENTER it will change to full-screen. Doesnt change the resolution, but at least its not a tiny window in my 2880x1800 laptop screen. Makes it much easier to see it.


    Nice find.........

    Leave a comment:

Working...