SkyTrak PC - Beta
Collapse
X
-
I completely agree zip , Seth has been great with us and helped out lots of us. Plus all the beta stuff he's released to the forum. I personally would encourage him NOT to release any dates.Originally posted by zip View PostI'm pretty sure we can forget Seth giving us inside info on release dates. And he'd be a fool to ever give out an open beta to this group ever again. The ridiculous comments from the minority have probably ruined it for the rest of us.
-
Not bashing in any way, just in reply to the post that someone put about hoping theyd just release the sim options and how it was taking too long. My point was just that it would be pointless to push out a sim option with the PC connection not fully working.. I realise now that in fact that comment was not in this thread, nwas indeed on the TGC thread where it was mentioned that TGC release has been planned for mid Oct, and other posts saying they had wished theyd just release it.
There was not any bashing of Skytrak in my post, just a question about why people couldnt connect, and a reply to a point which admittedly was posted in the incorrect thread, chill out peopleLast edited by JohnMeyer; 10-06-2015, 03:31 PM.
Leave a comment:
-
I'm pretty sure we can forget Seth giving us inside info on release dates. And he'd be a fool to ever give out an open beta to this group ever again. The ridiculous comments from the minority have probably ruined it for the rest of us.
Leave a comment:
-
JohnMeyer The PC version is still in Beta. It's not an official release. Nothing will be "pushed" on anyone. If you owned a skytrak you to could play with this before it's released to the general public. We aren't here to bash what they can and can't do, we are here to try and make this a better product.Originally posted by JohnMeyer View PostIn general are the problems mainly just getting the unit to connect, I take it once it corrects it normally picks up shots etc OK.
With all this talk of sim options coming "soon", the fact lots of people are struggling to get it to connect to PC easily and regularly I hope this isn't going to cause major delays, although also hope they dont push through sim stuff and leave people with possibly a $1000 piece of software they cant use.
Leave a comment:
-
Do you have a new PC with a new version of Windows 10 or did you have Win 8 and upgrade? Not sure if that would make a difference or not? My cpu is new with a new version of Win 10.Originally posted by Ironstrokes View PostNot sure why so many are having issues with Windows 10 or connecting to the usb in general. I have windows 10 and just had a nice long range session connected to the usb with no freezes or issues. All i can say that made the usb work for me originally is I did the live help on skygolf to sync my GIP to the skytrak, they then asked me delete and reinstall the app, did this, replugged in the usb, turned on the skytrak, then the newly installed app, signed in and it checked the licence right away and all went well since. Hope you guys can work it out.
Leave a comment:
-
The problems include both connecting and staying connected. I can have a range session that disconnects every five minutes or one that stays connected for 45 minutes. I will try Ironstrokes delete and reinstall suggestion later tonight (PST). If it corrects the issue I will update the post.
-
Not sure why so many are having issues with Windows 10 or connecting to the usb in general. I have windows 10 and just had a nice long range session connected to the usb with no freezes or issues. All i can say that made the usb work for me originally is I did the live help on skygolf to sync my GIP to the skytrak, they then asked me delete and reinstall the app, did this, replugged in the usb, turned on the skytrak, then the newly installed app, signed in and it checked the licence right away and all went well since. Hope you guys can work it out.
Leave a comment:
-
In general are the problems mainly just getting the unit to connect, I take it once it corrects it normally picks up shots etc OK.
With all this talk of sim options coming "soon", the fact lots of people are struggling to get it to connect to PC easily and regularly I hope this isn't going to cause major delays, although also hope they dont push through sim stuff and leave people with possibly a $1000 piece of software they cant use.
Leave a comment:
-
I have the same problem on windows 10. The only difference is for me in network mode, I hit one shot and the skytrak freezes and I have to reboot.Originally posted by kevin1889 View PostI am having similar problems connecting via USB. I've been able to connect via network mode very easily. While in network mode the PC software checks for licenses then within seconds I get three green lights. Balls register what appears to be accurately (I haven't looked at the number like others mentioned above.
When I connect via USB, here's my steps:- ST unit is powered off
- Connect USB to ST Unit and PC
- Turn on SkyTrak PC Software
- Login
- Turn on ST Unit
Once that is done, the unit never connects and I see a green light on bottom, solid yellow light in middle, solid red light on top. It stays like that until the unit turns itself off. I've tried it by turning on the ST unit before launching the software and still get the same problem.
I'm using:
Windows 10
SkyTrak Software Version 2.0.35
Firmware 1.350
Leave a comment:
-
I am having similar problems connecting via USB. I've been able to connect via network mode very easily. While in network mode the PC software checks for licenses then within seconds I get three green lights. Balls register what appears to be accurately (I haven't looked at the number like others mentioned above.
When I connect via USB, here's my steps:- ST unit is powered off
- Connect USB to ST Unit and PC
- Turn on SkyTrak PC Software
- Login
- Turn on ST Unit
I'm using:
Windows 10
SkyTrak Software Version 2.0.35
Firmware 1.350
Leave a comment:
-
I'm still unable to make a connection either via direct usb or network mode/direct mode. I was sure once I had my wifi dongle setup I'd be able to connect via network/direct. I can ping skytrak @ 10.0.0.1 but it won't connect.
For what it's worth it connects very well on my iPhone.
Leave a comment:
-
Feedback on the battery indicator feature: not working correctly or pointing out the battery in the ST isn't charging correctly...
I started a topic "SkyTrak Hardware Battery Indicator - working correctly?" and there are several reports where the battery isn't reporting 100% charge after charging for extended time periods. Seems that if the battery indicator is working correctly there are a number of ST users where the battery is no longer charging to full capacity. In my situation, the unit is only 40 days "new" and only gets to 75%....
Leave a comment:
-
SkyTrak_Seth. Feedback for the pc beta version: Echo that the spin direction arrow is reversed most of the time for me, though the black arrows within the ball reflect the ball flight; username and password has frequent glitches requiring reboot, reload, etc; Skytrak software drops connection to pc fairly frequently, resulting in red, yellow, green light pattern on the unit and frozen software; between sessions my session settings revert to driver, tracer every fifty shots, first person view, and normal course conditions, though they stay on lower humidity, altitude and temp.
Leave a comment:
-
Well, i've checked and the PC app also works on Windows 10 running through VMWare Fusion 8 on OS X El Capitan thumbs up
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: