SkyTrak PC - Beta

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joko
    replied
    Frustrating. I still haven't been able to get network mode to work. I can connect to the skytrak network but no connection occurs within the app.

    Leave a comment:


  • kevin1889
    replied
    When I'm in network mode, I'm able to access the history and the challenges. When I'm connected via USB the PC App won't let me access history and says I need to have the GIP.

    Tried this today and it worked:
    1. Connected via network mode
    2. Plugged in USB
    3. Switched connection method to DIRECT
    4. The top two lights were red briefly then turned a solid green
    5. Everything seems to be working fine now.
    After I got it to work with the above method, I shut everything down, restarted the PC App, then turned on the SkyTrak unit and it connected right away via USB. Can someone else that was having issues with USB connection try this out? I'm going to shut it down overnight and still see if I have success in the morning.

    luv2golf - to be honest, I haven't taken more than a few swings with it in network, maybe a total of 10 since I finally got it working. I didn't have a freeze. Now that I've got everything set up and working (fingers crossed) I'll be able to give it some more time actually hitting balls over the next few days.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joko
    replied
    When you guys go into the app on the PC and look at history for example, what does it say? Mine says that I don't have the premium package.

    Leave a comment:


  • luv2golf
    replied
    Originally posted by kevin1889 View Post
    No, I'm one of the ones that can't connect via USB. Only network mode works.

    Seth - I understand that the beta doesn't support the Win 10, as you stated (and with some of the Win 10 quirks I totally get it). But, does that mean that the final production version of the software won't support Win 10 either?
    They will figure it out......the PC App will support all OS's. Another question, when your in network mode, have you had your skytrak freeze on you (hit a ball, top light stays red and nothing shows on your screen?).

    Leave a comment:


  • Joko
    commented on 's reply
    Tried with a new windows user and still no luck. Damnit.

  • kevin1889
    replied
    Originally posted by luv2golf View Post

    kevin1889 I'm guessing your ok with connecting via USB on Win 10 (upgrade)?
    No, I'm one of the ones that can't connect via USB. Only network mode works.

    Seth - I understand that the beta doesn't support the Win 10, as you stated (and with some of the Win 10 quirks I totally get it). But, does that mean that the final production version of the software won't support Win 10 either?

    Leave a comment:


  • luv2golf
    replied
    Originally posted by kevin1889 View Post
    I was an upgrade from 8.1 as well.
    kevin1889 I'm guessing your ok with connecting via USB on Win 10 (upgrade)?

    Leave a comment:


  • Joko
    replied
    Well tried connecting again with the GIP linked. Still no luck. I deleted the app, although there isn't an installer so there is no uninstaller. I assume there is some data left over in the registry because it still remembered my user name.

    Win7 64 bit

    Leave a comment:


  • kevin1889
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post

    Yea I build my pc a few months ago and all they had available at the time was Windows 8.1, so I upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade as soon as it was available
    I was an upgrade from 8.1 as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joko
    replied
    Well I'm stupid - another person said they had to have them link the GIP membership, but I thought it was already linked as when I looked at the SkyTrak account information it did mention that I had the GIP, but it was not linked apparently. Which is weird, that should just be automagically added if you purchased it with the device? Anyway, I'm guessing this will solve my problems. Will test tonight.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ironstrokes
    replied
    Originally posted by luv2golf View Post

    Do you have a new PC with a new version of Windows 10 or did you have Win 8 and upgrade? Not sure if that would make a difference or not? My cpu is new with a new version of Win 10.
    Yea I build my pc a few months ago and all they had available at the time was Windows 8.1, so I upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade as soon as it was available

    Leave a comment:


  • SkyTrak_Seth
    replied
    Yeah, for sure! I appreciate all the feedback, you guys certainly help fast track the beta period. As far as connection issues, it looks like a lot of you guys are running Windows 10. I did point out in the original notes that this has not been tested on Windows 10 - so try at your own risk. We'll be doing some testing this week on this.

    Leave a comment:


  • wilson
    replied
    Don't forget - this is valuable intel on how the software works in the wild. Even if you consider it akin to 'meanness' by some people posting issues - they actually serve the purpose Seth was looking for. This won't be the last help that ST will ask of us, and I'm sure we are all happy to oblige where we can.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joko
    replied
    Yeah, I don't think there is that much complaining going on here. I can't connect, but I also know this is a beta and I didn't expect it to be perfect. I'll troubleshoot some more on my end.

    Leave a comment:


  • JohnMeyer
    commented on 's reply
    Oh and also by push I meant as in rush it out
Working...