SkyTrak PC - Beta

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MrHogan
    replied
    When I search for a driver it is never found. Why not include the drivers with app?

    Leave a comment:


  • wbond
    replied
    Do you have the game improvement package? If so, it may not be linked correctly. Others noted it was fixed when they contacted the support staff online.
    Originally posted by YonexMan View Post
    Can't understand the whole licence expired error though.

    Leave a comment:


  • YonexMan
    replied
    I'm running windows 7 on a laptop and now able to connect by USB cable. Had to go into control panel and then device manager. With the Skytrak turned on and connected by USB.. In Device manager, the Skytrak was listed as being a Rapsodo device, but no driver. So I went into the options of the device and told it to find a device driver, which it did. After that, restarted the laptop and the Skytrak. From there, the skytrak now connects by USB each and every time. The only problem I have now (yes the laptop is connected to my network by wireless and also tried by ethernet cable) is that I get a message that says my licence is expired. From there, the Skytrak software still works. But the problem is that I still have no access to the Challenges and when in practice, I can't change from 25 shots or Dynamic mode. Also have the problem that others are reporting with the spin direction indicating the wrong way.

    On the other hand - with the iPad connected, everything works fine. Challenges available, as are being able to change to First Person view and single shot options etc.

    Other than not having all the options available on the PC version, everything else seems to be working quite fine. Can't understand the whole licence expired error though.

    Leave a comment:


  • BogeyMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wev View Post
    I'm not even thinking of touching the PC app, the way all the issues are listed here.
    Been a while since I have logged on but I am one of the many waiting to purchase a Skytrak unit based on the PC software. Although this appears to be an encouraging thread that demonstrates Skytrak is working on the PC integration I would have to agree that this first beta release appears to be very buggy and not enough of a motivation yet for me to pull the trigger on a unit.

    It would be nice for Skytrak to give us a heads up on maybe when to expect a second beta release to address the many connection issues I see form scanning this thread.

    I would be willing to be a pilot tester like many of the folks on here but I tend to slightly agree with your comments that this beta release is not stable enough yet to justify jumping in unless you already had a unit and the time to play.

    I am sure though this helps Skytrak in identifying bugs by using the kind folks on this forum to test who already have units and are willing guinea pigs. It should speed up in theory their development effort.

    Leave a comment:


  • fiestabuckeye
    replied
    Downloaded last night and everything worked flawlessly. Come back out today and can't get it to connect via USB. Stuck on looking for connections, but at the top, it goes through "waiting to sync" and then changes to "data synced". So strange.
    Last edited by fiestabuckeye; 10-12-2015, 10:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joko
    commented on 's reply
    Yes network mode in the IOS app works flawlessly. When I go to try it on the PC app (everything d/c from IOS) I fire up the application, log in to skygolf, turn on skytrak, navigate to the skytrak wifi network - it then connects, hands out an IP in the same subnet as skytrak (10.0.0.1 I presume). I click on network mode and all I get are 2 red lights on top. I've tried changing the way I connect things over and over.

    I'm using a clean install of windows 7 (64 bit). It's on a desktop so I never anticipated using wireless, so I found an older Belkin USB wifi G dongle, which seems to work just fine.

    I've also tried 4 different micro USB adapters directly into the PC (no hub) - I do get the driver installed and it detects the Rhapsodo launch monitor, but again nothing. At some point the box does need to be factory reset after testing all this stuff, because the wifi network will no longer be discoverable.

    Anyways just trying to give info about what I've experienced.

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    So you can connect in network mode in the iOS app? Same network as your PC is connected to?

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    Oops, sorry. Saw you got it connected on the following page.

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, the final will be Windows 10 compatible. We have some USB fixes in place, but it doesn't seem to be exclusive to Windows 10. Have you tried connecting the cable first, opening the app, then turning on the unit? Also sure it is a data USB cable?

  • Chughes82
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not solve the connection issues for me. The password recognition is still balky and there are still connection drops.

  • Wev
    replied
    I'm not even thinking of touching the PC app, the way all the issues are listed here.

    Leave a comment:


  • bennyg211
    commented on 's reply
    It would seem to work on Win10 via VMware on Mac El Capitan for me? Don't know about a native Win10 machine/install though?

  • luv2golf
    commented on 's reply
    Cool, I'll give that a try in a bit. Mine will work in network for 1 to 20 swings, then the ST freezes - on the PC BETA APP.

  • luv2golf
    replied
    Originally posted by Joko View Post
    Frustrating. I still haven't been able to get network mode to work. I can connect to the skytrak network but no connection occurs within the app.
    Just use the IOS app till the bugs are fixed for the PC App

    Leave a comment:


  • Joko
    commented on 's reply
    Frustrating only because I wanted to test out my whole nearly finished setup
Working...