This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak tips and tricks

Hey all, With all the bad press around Skytrak with its sim integration problem/sync issues with the pga show this year

I wanted to write a post/ turn it positive that would help all users to maybe get their skytrak working better. I'm maybe hoping this will get stickied for its information. If you have anything to add please do so. I have only used PC version so some of these maybe pc related. I get it, not everyone loves their skytrak but lets try to keep this thread to a best practices post.

1. Make sure unit is level- use level or level with "protective" (lol) case leveler
    2. Alignment - make sure unit is aligned with where your striking.
    3. Make sure unit is level with surface your hitting off of
    - If hitting off mat make sure unit doesnt move or is off the mat/ even with the mat
    4. Balls - I've found nxt tour s, velocities, nike one vapors work pretty well. I havent tried prov1s yet but read the reduce spin messes w/ skytrak - I could be wrong?
    5. Swing speeds - if you have a high swing speed, tee the driver about an inch back results have varied from user to user but seems to help. Also making unit level with ball for driver seemed to work, is it a pain in the bum yeah but what are you going to do?
    6. Marks on the ball - whether they are putting lines or ball markings, the cameras seem to like this more and results are greatly increased.
    7. Sync issues - I still have sync issues, I turn my wi-fi off, when doing this the lag is greatly reduced since unit is always trying to connect to their server
    8. Direct USB - I've always used direct usb, I cant comment on wireless connecting. Its just my preferred method.
    9. My skytrak likes to be off before I connect it via usb to my laptop, I plug the usb in then turn it on..so usb cord is in , plug it in, turn unit on win 10 finds it.

this is all i have for now/ what i can think of please feel free to add!
    Last edited by ernie18; 01-30-2016, 04:45 AM.

Good reading, and some really good tips. I dont normally have read problems from ST and didn't know you could place the ball around the laser dot. I religiously place the ball on the dot and when i drive i use winter tees so place that rubber triangle on the dot too. I will experiment with moving the ball about the dot to see if it makes a difference.

I deffo will move the ball about the dot when putting. I do find putting to be the most letdown. im a very good putter on the course, prob the best part of my game, but in the garage its appalling to the point of embarrassment. I normally turn it off when playing in TGC but now i have started playing in the tour i am being forced to use it.

Comment

• Ozmodion
      Ozmodion commented
      Editing a comment
      chriscwhite cheers i will do that, but its not the missreading of the hits that's the problem, its judging how strong to hit the ball at 5 ft and then 25 ft etc. It's my skill that's the question not the hardware.

would be nice if we had a putting green to practice on in the software. Hopefully will come in the big updates we are promised by Seth this year.

• chriscwhite
      chriscwhite commented
      Editing a comment
      TGC 2019 has a practice putting area and it's a game changer. I go there first as I am warming up to play and then I go to their chipping practice area. Lastly, I finish off with their driving range. It gets me all synced before I play a round.

• Ozmodion
      Ozmodion commented
      Editing a comment
      ooooooh i can't wait. why didnt i get Alpha testing

Are we ok if we put the ball with the laser right on it at all times? I've done this including driver. Only problem is I think it shows me to be a better golfer than I am.

Comment

I just wanted to add my findings to this thread regarding putting. I've had a lot of frustration working with the SkyTrak and putting on E6. I've tried moving the ball back, forward, closer, and further out. I've tried ensuring the logo is facing the Skytrak. And just when I think I have it figured out it misses another read. Well I played the other night and on putts I used the Callaway BOLD red ball. I haven't missed a read on a putt yet. I do ensure the logo is facing the laser and put it on the dot. No miss reads yet, let's hope it keeps up!

Comment

• nicklas
        nicklas commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you putting on the normal mat? I placed a putting mat onto the hitting mat (between shots and putting) and it was so much better. Smoth flow for the ball without bumps.
        Eventhough I find the simulator putting destroying my real game putting.

• noles1800
        noles1800 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah I'm putting off of my hitting mat. It looks like I still have trouble whenever I'm putting off of the fringe. Everything else seems to read fine.

Anybody having trouble with entire sessions of practice not showing up in SkyGolf360 website?

Comment

so its been 6 plus years since ive posted that original post and I can still attest to most of those things. It seems the different balls will do what different quality of balls will do.

I also now exclusively connect via direct mode and the ipad.

If you're someone who is struggling to meet your real life distance. I promise you do this...swing harder. You dont realize that indoor swing speed is a real thing. In all the 6 years of using it I have to remind myself to swing as hard as I do outside. Its a very interesting thing.

Comment

• deepakvrao
          deepakvrao commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you still feel that one needs to raise the skytrak to be level with a teed up ball?

• kirkemg
          kirkemg commented
          Editing a comment
          recently struggling with significant no reads on ST. What ball did you end up using most? Last thing for me to try to change.

Hello all, I’m Bob and new to this forum. I’ve had my Skytrak for over 2 years using it with my iPad and can say it works great for me. It’s set up in my garage and did have to use a Wi-Fi extender to receive a strong signal, also I only use it to practice as if I’m on a driving range. Hope this helps with the discussion and look forward to being in the forum.

Comment

Sorry. Wrong topic. Moved to SkyTrak Opinions sticky thread.

Stephen
          Last edited by FadingFast; 01-16-2023, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I wonder how you guys set up your unit when you hit from the right side of your room due to space limitations? In other words, my Skytrak is positioned 3 feet to the right of the screen center line and my shots consistently go left. How do you aim the Skytrak? Do you aim it directly dead ahead so it points to the corresponding right side of the screen, or do you angle it left to point to the center of the screen?
            Here is a picture of my setup (before my FMJ).
            Note, the forward couch will be moved eventually, but I don't think it affects the Skytrak unit accuracy?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230325_173625.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	387593

Comment

ULEWZ I haven't configured this because I hit into a net/target screen, but I would assume the best option is to offset the target line in the app and keep the unit aimed straight forward? Maybe you're sub-consciously setting up to hit towards the target line which would make the shots even more left biased?

Or maybe you're just trying to avoid the couch and pulling shots, which looks even more pulled because the center line isn't lined up?

Comment

go in settings menu, move camera to right, easy fix, it will move your target line

Comment

Working...
                X