This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrack - Full Metal Jacket protection shield

Finally had a chance to finish a prototype of my SkyTrak protection. (I had my last unit take a ball to the IR lens while IN the protective case from SkyTrak - it didn't work again.)

Being lucky enough to own a business with a good bit of sheet metal equipment, and finally the time. (having a party this weekend and need to protect my unit!) The leveling feet need a bit wider spacing, and I need to test that the unit still reads shots. I went with a minimum of openings to try to keep balls from sneaking through the front. I popped off the IR lens so that it's easy to see the parts that need to "see" - I'll obviously be putting it on before testing. Still unsure if I'll screw the unit to the base and leave an air gap, or use foam on 5 sides to isolate the SkyTrak from the steel.

I added a lip in the front so I can drop an alignment rod in for a visual reference.

Holes on bottom need adjustment, and maybe slotting to allow the SkyTrak to be adjusted to the base for alignment.

Interested in comments! Click image for larger version

Name:	case1s.jpg
Views:	4496
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	90781
    Click image for larger version

Name:	case2s.jpg
Views:	3848
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	90782

Name:	case3s.jpg
Views:	3921
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	90783

Name:	case5s.jpg
Views:	4129
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	90784

Name:	case4s.jpg
Views:	3809
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	90785

Name:	case6s.jpg
Views:	4415
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	90786
    Last edited by awisnia; 12-16-2016, 04:19 AM.

UPDATE - added Global Shipping via Ebay

Comment

Hi awisnia just to clarify do you need to remove the outer case on your ST before you fit the Full Metal Jacket.

Comment

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        If your Skytrack is in the optional latched protective case, you must take it out.

However, you do not have to disassemble the base ST in any way to put it in the FMJ.

Just placed my order !

Comment

I'll have to get one of these, shame the import tax will probably cost more than the unit. Ps I actually think this is underpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonstanley
          I'll have to get one of these, shame the import tax will probably cost more than the unit. Ps I actually think this is underpriced.
          I thunk the ebay global ship keeps things pretty reasonable..check it out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Was looking on Ebay but can't find it? Was wondering about how long to get one to Kentucky?

Comment

Originally posted by Golfer13 View Post
              Was looking on Ebay but can't find it? Was wondering about how long to get one to Kentucky?
              kind of hidden on ebay - link below - just beta test for forum users

going to make a batch Tuesday and get them shipped before end of week - so, pretty soon

Since some of you have asked about buying one of these - here's how

I've put an item on ebay at $95 that covers the cost of making a batch of them (It also includes USPS shipping in the USA only.)

Ebay global service at cost to other countries

My kids want to commercialize it (12/15 year-olds - that watch too much Shark Tank) but for now I'm happy just to get some out to the indoor hackers that could use one this winter.

I just ask that you use it, and offer some feedback on this thread so that others can learn and use.

You can find the link in the classified ads section:

http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...olf-simulators

If it works out - maybe the kids can run with Full Metal Golf in the spring!

Happy Holidays - keep it in the short grass.

Comment

• Genghis
                Genghis commented
                Editing a comment
                Merry Christmas!!! I bought mine on Ebay last Thursday as soon as I saw that you had it listed. Your efforts are very much appreciated!!!! Your boys should come up with how to put logos on them, NFL teams, colleges, etc....

On the laser this morning!

Comment

Sweet! Can't wait to see it in person.

Comment

I purchased one this morning. Sending my skytrak in for service unfortunately but I'll post feedback when I get a chance to use it. Hopefully nobody hits a ball into it anyway but if they do we shall see if it hold up..

Comment

Welding now

Comment

E-Bay said they shipped today????? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Robie
                        E-Bay said they shipped today????? Really?
                        Yup..about half of them..rest on wednesday

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Kinda hate that it shipped so early...I might not get any work done when it arrives! awisnia!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for getting these out so quickly. Very excited to try it out.
                            My courses:
                            Aldeen
                            Butler National
                            Cantigny
                            Canyata
                            Cog Hill #4
                            Harbor Shores
                            Harborside
                            Naperville Country Club
                            Prairie Landing
                            Rich Harvest Farms
                            Ruffled Feathers