This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC for TrackMan 4

We are looking for 2 to 5 TrackMan 4 owners who are willing to test TGC for TrackMan. Please PM me if you're interested.

TGC for Trackman

I have already installed TGC and played few holes in limited time. First impressions:
    1) Putting is working very nice. I did not suffered any backswing issues with putter (zero backspin). Only, I have noticed that the total putt distance in TGC was almost twice longer than Trackman numbers. Fast Greens?
    2) In a limited time of ball striking, i did not noticed backspin numbers of 2222.

I will check more details and compare more shot data of Trackman vs TGC soon.

Comment

• DOC
      DOC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mthunt, i have changed green speed from options. I could not arrange a perfect match of sim putting length to my reel putting length, however it is better now. Maybe i should try some different combinations of “green speed and stimpmeter” which are located in settings in the TGC dashboard, to find the best match.

• NiklasFischier
      NiklasFischier commented
      Editing a comment
      DOC, did you ever find settings matching the speed of your setup? I noticed mentions of both a stimpmeter and green speed in options. I only have the Stimp parameter in my settings file. Are there different versions of the settings file available? I also noticed most of the settings were under the headline "Skytrak" event tho i use Trackman 4. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Thanks?

• DOC
      DOC commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the setting in my dashboard what i am using, which rolls close to my putting surface.

[SDK]
      Version=3.0.1

[General]
      High BackSpin Correction=ON
      Show Club Data=ON

[Course Configuration]
      Green Stimp=3
      Green Firmness=2
      Green Speed=3

[TGC Online]
      Shot Recording=ON
      User Name=Nurettin Katranci
      User ID=3C94-3EA9-4D19-6059-BD1F

[Skytrak]
      Horizontal Angle Correction=ON
      Short Chip Correction=ON
      Putting Correction=ON
      Driver Boost=0
      Wood Boost=0
      Iron Boost=0
      Wedge Boost=0
      Putter Boost=0

Have this up and running now, really cool feel to it. Was only able to play about 6 holes. The only (2) issues i had is my yardages seemed to be off - struggling to get my irons to their distance. Beyond that had some putts not want to register. Tried Yellow ball and that improved some. Curious what experience others have had - and welcome any comments. TIA.

Comment

Hey ProTee United , So I have two monitors. I always want my TGC to be loaded onto my monitor #2, but it's always in monitor #1. I tried many different methods but couldn't find a solution. Any tips?

And I played some games but it looks like putting goes crazy from time to time.
      I don't know if it's utilizing TrackMan 4's putting camera. Because when it's 10' distance that i hit in real life, either I only hit 3~5' in the game which is half the distance, or it flies all the way as if it were like a chip shot. Putting is thus almost impossible since it's totally off.

Here is my setting:
      [SDK]
      Version=3.0.0

[General]
      Show Club Data=ON

[Course Configuration]
      Green Stimp=7
      Green Firmness=2
      Last edited by LEO MODE; 11-18-2017, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LEO MODE View Post
        Hey ProTee United , So I have two monitors. I always want my TGC to be loaded onto my monitor #2, but it's always in monitor #1. I tried many different methods but couldn't find a solution. Any tips?

And I played some games but it looks like putting goes crazy from time to time.
        I don't know if it's utilizing TrackMan 4's putting camera. Because when it's 10' distance, either I only hit 3~5' which is half the distance, or it flies all the way as if it were like a chip shot. Putting is thus almost impossible since it's totally off.

Here is my setting:
        [SDK]
        Version=3.0.0

[General]
        Show Club Data=ON

[Course Configuration]
        Green Stimp=7
        Green Firmness=2
        Im having similar issues. if i role a 7 foot putt, in real life - TGC says its 21 ft - i dont notice it being downhill in the software, either. i tried different green stimp and speed values but seems to have no effect on it. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

TGC uses the data sent by the hardware to simulate ball flight. If the hardware data is off, then the ball flight will also be off.

Make a screenshot of the TGC post shot analysis screen. Maybe we can find something that needs to be tweaked.

If the putting speed/distance is inconsistent (sometime its OK and sometimes its not) then its going to be hard to tweak anything and Trackman will need to look at how to measure putting in TM4.

If its consistent, we can implement something in the settings to reduce ball speed received from Trackman with a percentage.

Comment

• DOC
            DOC commented
            Editing a comment
            People from Trackman found the problem: TPS software is sending data to simulators in m/sec instead of MPH. They know this problem, and they stated that it will be solved in the upcoming software update. It has been a month, no software update is done yet. If you can force them to a software update, that'll be fine.

• LEO MODE
            LEO MODE commented
            Editing a comment
            They just updated the hardware firmware to 1.6.2 today. I hope this is related to fix putting.
            Last edited by LEO MODE; 12-06-2017, 01:10 AM.

Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
          TGC uses the data sent by the hardware to simulate ball flight. If the hardware data is off, then the ball flight will also be off.

Make a screenshot of the TGC post shot analysis screen. Maybe we can find something that needs to be tweaked.

If the putting speed/distance is inconsistent (sometime its OK and sometimes its not) then its going to be hard to tweak anything and Trackman will need to look at how to measure putting in TM4.

If its consistent, we can implement something in the settings to reduce ball speed received from Trackman with a percentage.
          I guess TrackMan's TPS when turned on a simulator needs to be updated too. Because when you use TPS's 'Simulator Player' feature, not only you cannot video record your swing, but also it doesn't seem like it's using TPS putting software (because as you know with TPS 5.0 now it has a separate putting software). In Simulator Player mode, although the club says putting, it still shows like club head speed, face angle and etc which are totally irrelevant to putting. It should show like Roll %, Ball Break and etc.

Because when I used TPS putting software, if I putt 10' it shows as 10' very accurately. Whereas in TGC or even e6 I see 5' to 20yds.

But by the way, is there any way possible to start TGC in the second monitor? e6 had a config file where I could start it always in full screen in 2nd monitor. I'm sure TGC has it since TGC is more customizable!

Update: It looks like the putting is weaker now. In other words, when I putt 10' in real life, it only goes 6' instead. No more ball flying like a wedge shot but now it's a bit shorter. I tried Green Stimp, Green Speed, Green Hardness all to 0 but nothing seem to work.
          Last edited by LEO MODE; 11-19-2017, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I asked Trackman team about the putting in both e6 and TGC, and Trackman support told me they're updating a new firmware for the Trackman tonight and it did. It is 1.6.2. I just downloaded them. ProTee United , do you know what they fixed? It doesn't show any update log for the hardware firmware update.
            Last edited by LEO MODE; 12-06-2017, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• ProTee United
              ProTee United commented
              Editing a comment
              No idea Leo.

• LEO MODE
              LEO MODE commented
              Editing a comment
              Well let me test it out soon and let you know how the putting goes.

• LEO MODE
              LEO MODE commented
              Editing a comment
              Well after the update, now it seems the shots are not registering at all. I turned on my TGC and was trying to play a round. TPS registered all the shots but not TGC. Is anyone else having the same issue after the hardware firmware update to 1.6.2?

*Update: It's working again now. Now it looks like in Trackman's TPS it doesn't show any data at all. I wonder how TGC gets the data now since TPS shows no information at all!
              Last edited by LEO MODE; 12-06-2017, 05:18 AM.

Finally..... Trackman released the TPS update (TPS 5.2) we are waiting. It will end all putting problems, which was (i mentioned before) sending wrong data format. TPS software was sending data to simulators in m/sec instead of MPH. I am very excited to go home and install the new TPS version and see the result. Problem was not due to firmware but TPS:

Note: very probably, we should change SDK settings to default, when using with the new TPS.

Comment

• LEO MODE
              LEO MODE commented
              Editing a comment
              So they both updated Trackman and TPS. And now a club data for puttting that I’ve been waiting for. I hope this is well integrated with the games now.

Originally posted by DOC
            Finally..... Trackman released the TPS update (TPS 5.2) we are waiting. It will end all putting problems, which was (i mentioned before) sending wrong data format. TPS software was sending data to simulators in m/sec instead of MPH. I am very excited to go home and install the new TPS version and see the result. Problem was not due to firmware but TPS:

Note: very probably, we should change SDK settings to default, when using with the new TPS.
            I’m about to buy TGC to use with my TM4, before I drop a grand, can you share your honest assessment. I have TPS 5.2 installed, thanks

Comment

I’m unable to get my TM4 to talk to TGC, seems like some of you have. I have TPS 5.2 installed. Is there a step by step guide to implement the integration someone can direct me to?

Comment

Trackman support just gave me a new beta firmware for TM4 (1.6.4) and TPS beta (5.2.106). ProTee United do you know anything about this? I was told that this fixes some shots capturing.

Comment

• ProTee United
                  ProTee United commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No idea. Its a Trackman update.

• LEO MODE
                  LEO MODE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, i remember you guys working with them too so i thought you were aware of this update.

• ProTee United
                  ProTee United commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Our work is done. Shot data is being send from TPS to TGC. We are no longer involved in TPS patching.

Hi. I'm still fighting to get my TM4 with TGC running. Perhaps somebody could give me a hint.

My setup: TM4 connected with WIFI. TPS 5.2.110 installed, Trackman 4 has the current firmware 1.6.5 and TPS.config is at the right place (Windows 8.1).
                When I start TPS I can start TGC (kiosk-mode). No other programms/interfaces are running (e.g. protee interface is not started. I have also a GC2 which works perfectly with TGC). Do I need the protee-software ? If yes, how should I setup the interface (com ? ) ?

The communication TGC => TPS is working. When I switch the club in TGC (Z/X-key), TPS will switch the club, too.

But: When I hit a ball, I can see the data in TPS but no reaction in TGC ??!

Any help or advise would be great !
                Gerald

Comment

• LEO MODE
                  LEO MODE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is indeed very strange. GC2 connection over bluetooth is fine right? You know you can only use one system at a time so did you try just with the Trackman?

Perhaps the integration got lost in the latest firmware from Trackman?

• ProTee United
                  ProTee United commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your TGC license is only valid for specific hardware. If you want to try TGC for Trackman you will need to transfer your license to work with Trackman. Contact ProTee support.

• NoTee
                  NoTee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for your input. I guess, the license could be the reason, but I was wondering why the connection in one direction works. Probably a error message should be displayed if the license is not ok.
                  But: As far as I remember I have never entered that I'm using a GC2 ?!? I'm still using the same PC, so the plattform ID should be the same. I will talk to ProTee next week.
                  Last edited by NoTee; 03-10-2018, 02:56 PM.

Just saw a video on YouTube with some guys using TGC with a TM3e, just wondered if this is now possible as I had thought it was only working with TM4.

Comment

• ProTee United
                  ProTee United commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trackman 3, 3e and 4 will all work as long as you have the latest TPS installed.

Thank you Protee, I will add myself to the next release. Can you let me know if one could use the Trueputt from Truefolf for putting with the 3e? This is what I use to putt with e6?

Comment

I just put in my order for my new Trackman 4! Should be installed and ready to go around the start of September. Definitely want to also use TGC with it -- how can I get started?

Comment

Working...
                  X