Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E6-Connect Demo is out for Download and wow is it good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6-Connect Demo is out for Download and wow is it good.

E6 Connect 'Demo' is out for a free download with registration for Windows 10. It looks like it directly supports a number of Simulator devices include the very inexpensive Tittle-X device (my sim device). The demo includes a practice area (Chip, Putt, and Drive), and a full 18hole course that is a spectacular of vegetation, water features, and landscape. It is really a cut above the rest. They have the basic license listed at $2500, kind of high for the garage hacks like me, but for many, I'm sure that reasonable. The Demo also has an online play to challenge your friends to match play. Hope to see some of you soon.
    Courses Created:
    Cresent Hill KY (L)
    Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
    Seneca GC KY (L) 18
    Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

I had a ticket opened with E6 and they just replied today and said the Unauthorized device issues if fixed. I tested this on my Skytrak and it works! They also said the official release for Skytrak will be available "very soon"

Comment

I got the e6 Connect demo running on my SkyTrak. Downloaded the latest Connect software and got a demo license from TruGolf...and it works! The big rumor: supposedly the full course list and software will be available for SkyTrak soon and with an annual rental through SkyGolf (hopefully). Oh yeah, the demo looks great and runs well, but I haven't taken enough shots yet to gage performance.

Comment

Awesome i will check mine tomorrow. Good luck all thanks for the info

Comment

Anyone has protee hardware that tried out E6 Connect demo yet?

Comment

• PROTEE UK
            PROTEE UK commented
            Editing a comment
            As mentioned Leo, there is no demo available on ProTee as it requires a connect interface with its own unlock key.
            There is no demo interface version available on ProTee at present.

• LEO MODE
            LEO MODE commented
            Editing a comment
            That's unfortunate! Looks like more hardware has been integrated at the PGA Show with E6 Connect now including Foresight and Mevo+. Hope Protee gets integrated soon!

• PROTEE UK
            PROTEE UK commented
            Editing a comment
            Leo,
            ProTee is integrated and in use there is just no demo supported.
            When purchasing E6 Connect it will come with a ProTee Connect interface version which has its own licence key.

Show sounds exciting gutted I couldn't make it again!

Have fun!

Do we know the final pricing for E6 Connect (PC) on SkyTrak yet?
          - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Originally posted by GungHoGolf View Post
            Do we know the final pricing for E6 Connect (PC) on SkyTrak yet?
            Answering my own question: $300/yr (basic) or $600/yr (expanded), or $2,500 one-time. See https://shop.skytrakgolf.com/c-13-trugolf-e6.aspx
            - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Answering my own question: $300/yr (basic) or $600/yr (expanded), or $2,500 one-time. See https://shop.skytrakgolf.com/c-13-trugolf-e6.aspx
              Final word on this from TruGolf's brand manager:

Click image for larger version  Name:	9TmnpLH.png Views:	0 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	238915
              Last edited by GungHoGolf; 01-17-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

does anyone know if course elevation works in connect?

not downhill/uphill but does the actual real life location of the course impact carry numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
                  does anyone know if course elevation works in connect?

not downhill/uphill but does the actual real life location of the course impact carry numbers?
                  Course elevation and wind has no effect on shots if using SkyTrak or Mevo+, as E6 uses the ball flight model from the launch monitor. My TruGolf rep is trying to find out if this holds true for rough penalties, as well. E6C is going to play *super* easy if there is no rough penalty for those LMs.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
                    GungHoGolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    E6 Connect is a whole new game, built on a new engine and platform. Hoping rough penalties work with SkyTrak and Mevo+, but it's a tough thing to test. Actually, I'm going to go out to my garage and test it right now in practice mode, since we can now move the ball in practice mode. Will hit a bunch of 8-irons from fairway and from rough from same distance.

• GungHoGolf
                    GungHoGolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Testing this evening, and I can confirm there is no distance or spin penalty from the rough in E6C with Mevo+ - here is where 10 8-irons ended up, 5 from the fairway at 150 out, and 5 from the rough 2 feet to the right. No difference in flight, distance, or spin. See if you can tell which 5 were hit from the rough: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tb1j5qlmm...o-E6C.mp4?dl=0

• GungHoGolf
                    GungHoGolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dan McWhiter heard today from a SkyTrak user that sand shots in E6 Connect are the same as hitting from the fairway. Bummer. Hope they change this.

So does the skytrak software have to be open during play on E6 connect? If not, then how could it possibly be using the ball flight model, I believe that's not stored in the skytrak device.

Course elevation and wind has no effect on shots if using SkyTrak or Mevo+, as E6 uses the ball flight model from the launch monitor. My TruGolf rep is trying to find out if this holds true for rough penalties, as well. E6C is going to play *super* easy if there is no rough penalty for those LMs.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
                    GungHoGolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll confirm on whether it needs to be open soon, but I didn't think it did. Haven't actually tested it since I've been busy testing the Mevo+. Certainly it cannot be open when using ST with TGC19, but TGC19 uses its own ball flight model. I was told by more than one higher-up tech guy at TruGolf that they get the entire ball flight from both Mevo+ and ST. I'll try to re-confirm that issue today.
                    Last edited by GungHoGolf; 02-06-2020, 04:26 PM.

• GungHoGolf
                    GungHoGolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OK, I confirmed that E6C uses SkyTrak’s ball flight model. Their engineers integrated a ST sdk into their game. Still need to confirm whether ST app should be open or closed - my guess is closed, like with TGC.

• GungHoGolf
                    GungHoGolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I confirmed by testing myself - the SkyTrak app does NOT need to be open to use it with E6 Connect. It just connects via the SkyTrak's WIFI signal.

Here is 18 holes on the demo I played today if anyone wants to check it out. I tried the computer decides putting mode because I didn't feel like putting although I do enjoy putting in the game quite a bit more than I thought I would. I am on Uneekor so wind and Rough/bunker penalties all work properly as they should. The computer seemed to be generous to me on some longer putts but I will take it! Played the Black tees, Medium pin, 10 stimp and Moderate firmness. This game is pretty good I have to say. It's just very expensive!! https://youtu.be/hVeL5_W8kfc
                  Last edited by Jwheels9876; 02-07-2020, 03:46 AM.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                    Jwheels9876 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yeah i had 3 i think. all from over 35 feet away. They gave me a 2 putt from 14 feet and a bunch of 1 putts up to like 16 feet I think. it was pretty good. I would have missed some of those 10-15 footers I am sure but maybe 2 putted a couple of the 3 putts.

If the fee was waived I would have bought the game already. They offered me a discount and 2 months free of the full package so it's a little chaeper but still very expensive when compared to TGC. I like the way it plays better though.

• GungHoGolf
                    GungHoGolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A 3-putt from 36 feet would really irk me... but I guess if it 1-putted enough from 15-16 feet I could get used to it. Interestingly, their documentation states that "Computer Decides" factors in how well you're playing, and putts better if you're getting them closer more recently.

• Jwheels9876
                    Jwheels9876 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yeah I would have to look at the stream, I was hitting it pretty decent overall but not like i stuck a bunch inside 10 feet or anything

Here's what they gave me for putts
                  Hole Distance #Putts
                  1- 6.4 -1
                  2 -25 -2
                  3 -3.9 -1
                  4- 14.5- 2
                  5- 2.5- 1
                  6- 3.7- 1
                  7 -30- 2
                  8 -10.2- 1
                  9 Made putt from fringe by myself for birdie
                  10- 15.9 -1
                  11- 8.9- 1
                  12- 92- 3
                  13 -2.8- 1
                  14- 88- 3
                  15 16.4 1
                  16- 2.4- 1
                  17- 14.2 -1
                  18 -6.8 -1

Comment

• GungHoGolf
                    GungHoGolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That all looks pretty reasonable. The two 3-putts from 88 and 92 ft are more than offset by the five 1-putts from 15.9, 9, 10, 14.2 and 16.4 ft. If anything, it's too generous with the 1-putts (pros make only 50% from 8 feet). I'm usually pretty excited with 24 putts/round IRL, even if I holed one from off the green.

• Jwheels9876
                    Jwheels9876 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree. I wouldn't have minded a few more 2 putts. I was actually expecting them and was pleasantly surprised when they gave me 1 putts

Tonight I tested to see if there were actual penalties playing with Uneekor as people are saying there aren't with other LM out there.

There is definitely something with bunkers as I have to hit the ball 3x the distance stated almost. From the rough, I think theres something also but IDK.. what's do you think ? https://youtu.be/MyBVpo4PIZY

Comment

Anybody know if you can remove a round from the Dashboard, also when in a round, what is teh Polling slider for?

Comment

• GungHoGolf
                      GungHoGolf commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haven’t figured out how to delete a round. Polling dynamically inserts data as it comes in, without a page reload. Haven’t tested it.

Is there an Offset in E6 demo PC version?

Comment

• Jerome
                      Jerome commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes. I don't recall exactly where.
                  Working...
                  X