E6 Connect PC version pricing has been set for Mevo+ - $300/yr or $600/yr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6 Connect PC version pricing has been set for Mevo+ - $300/yr or $600/yr

News out this morning that pricing for E6C for Mevo+ has been set, and it's the same as for SkyTrak: $300/yr for Basic, $600/yr for Expanded, with no up-front fee.

Actually works out cheaper than for SkyTrak, since there is no $99/yr GIP needed with the Mevo+.
    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

E6 should be getting a big bump in users with skytrak and Mevo getting the sub deal....

And I m still left getting shafted at full price

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
      JackedUpSwing commented
      Editing a comment
      E6 is just stupid for having that $2500 charge... They are massively limiting their user base with that huge pay wall. $300/year is better than $0/year

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      for sure. I really enjoy the game. At $300 or $600 a year I would definitely subscribe. they want $2000 out of me plus the yearly fee.

I can buy a Mevo + and subscribe for the same price!!

What is the difference between basic and expanded? I looked on their site but couldn't find it.

Comment

How does the rotating courses work on the $300 subscription?

Comment

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Every month they rotate some in, some out - always a total of 27 I believe.

Does anyone know how the $300 subscription works with Mevo+ in terms of PC and iPad access?

Looking at E6 FAQ I found it suggests the iOS and PC licenses are separate. Ideally I’d like to use it on my PC at home most of the time but on my iPad at the range or if I take it to my friends house. I don’t have a permanent setup at home so I can see times I’d also use iPad at home for a quick round.

I don’t want to pay for two $300 licenses if I decide to go beyond the basic free 5 courses. Maybe I can do the PC for 27 courses and the 5 free on iPad but I’d rather the broader course list on both devices (obviously).

Comment

• Gresh12
      Gresh12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry if I'm not being clear.

If I do nothing I can play 5 courses plus ranges on my iOS device. I would like this functionality as I may take my Mevo+ to a friends house and not want to lug my computer (not a total showstopper). I agree the range I'd likely use the Flightscope apps but I've heard some say they prefer the E6 ranges (I haven't experienced either first hand yet). I also can't swing driver at home so there's a chance I would play a round at the range for something to keep it interesting (although I suspect the range ball versus premium ball may annoy me fast).

If I "upgrade" I have to link my subscription to either the PC or the IOS device. If this is the case I will pick PC for sure. Once I've subscribed though have I locked myself out of using my iOS for the free 5 courses as my account is now totally linked to PC?

One other thing I didn't ask in my original question was whether I can flip/flop between my iPhone and iPad or if I actually am locking to one specific iOs device in the no subscription model? I can definitely see scenarios where I would use the iPad as the screen but if I was putting it on my TV (I don't have a projector) I would use my iPhone for the better matched resolution.

I was initially thinking having options of iPhone/iPad/PC would be great but now starting to feel I have to pick one specific device when there are situations I would use all of them.

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Gresh12 Ah, I understand now. I think your free license on your iOS device will continue to work with the Mevo+ when you're away from home. You should be able to bind/unbind your two licenses any time at https://portal.e6golf.com/settings/licenses

• games
      games commented
      Editing a comment
      Gresh12 If you go to your account info in the e6 Connect portal, there is somewhere you can click to see the licenses you are permitted.

With MEVO+, you get the iOS license (5 courses, driving ranges, etc) which I have bound to my iPhone.

Additionally, I downloaded the e6 Connect demo (driving range and Aviara) and bound the demo license to my gaming PC. The easy way is to keep ethernet-based Internet connection, and keep WiFi for MEVO. If you're like me and don't have wired ethernet, I log into the demo app while connected to internet. Once inside the e6, I hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to "regain" the Windows frame, then change WiFi network from my router to reconnect to MEVO and play offline.

If I have the subscription, can I use my friend's Xi tour interchangeably with my Mevo+?

Comment

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt it, it’s bound to the PC and the LM.

• StuartG
      StuartG commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't speak for connect, but TruGolf allowed support for multiple LM's in v1.6. I just cost something like $300 (up front) for each additional LM you wanted to support. And you had to choose which one you wanted to use before starting the session (no changing while playing).

However, last time I checked, flightscope hadn't added support for the Xi tour to connect yet, only X3. But that was a while ago so it could have changed by now.
      Last edited by StuartG; 02-21-2020, 02:57 PM.

With the $300 e6 basic package for PC, are you able to purchase premium courses like Pebble Beach? If so, is that a permanent download or is it tied to your yearly subscription?

Comment

Can anyone tell me if the free Mevo+ E6 version that comes with 5 courses supports local multi-player?

Comment

Originally posted by Panzman View Post
        Can anyone tell me if the free Mevo+ E6 version that comes with 5 courses supports local multi-player?
        Yes, it does. I play with my friends all the time.

Comment

Do you have to buy the software outright to play with the best graphics via pc/ projector?

or can you simply pay the $300 a year? Wasn’t sure if that just gave you the IOS version.

Comment

For mevo plus you can just sub, no need to pay the 2500.

Comment

Working...
            X