• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGolfClub game PC requirements

Updated 11/19/21

System Requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Intel i5 3.0 ghz Quad core or AMD 6300 3.5 ghz 6 core.

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: GTX 670

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Hard Drive: 100 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

600W Power Supply

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz or AMD 8350 4.0 ghz or higher

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 or better

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Hard Drive: 200 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

750W Power Supply
    Last edited by ProTee Carlo; 11-19-2021, 10:56 AM.

• Originally posted by GarySatterwhite View Post
    I have the below graphics card in my computer. Wondering if I'm missing out on anything in regards to TGC. The card came in the computer spec'd for my engineering software. It does seem to work well with TGC, just want to make sure.

https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-Quadro.../dp/B00BLTE7X0
    Use this list to gauge where a GPU stands in comparison to other cards on the market.

Video Card Benchmarks - Over 1,000,000 Video Cards and 3,900 Models Benchmarked and compared in graph form - This page contains a graph which includes benchmark results for high end Video Cards - such as recently released ATI and nVidia video cards using the PCI-Express standard.

All in all, your card is on the lower end of the performance spectrum. I upgraded from a GTX 960 (ranked 44 on the list) to a GTX 1060 (ranked 14) and the difference in frame rate at 1080p is substantial and very noticeable. The card you listed is ranked 142, so you'd see a huge bump in performance if you were to upgrade to even the 3GB version of the 1060. Those can be bought for < than $200 on a fairly regular basis.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
      DirtyGarry24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks VV. That's what I was afraid of. Also, I project to a 4k tv, does that matter?

• Originally posted by GarySatterwhite View Post
    Thanks VV. That's what I was afraid of. Also, I project to a 4k tv, does that matter?
    Are you trying to play the game in 4K resolution? I wouldn't imagine you are because the game would be unplayable with your current card if you had the graphics settings at 4K. If you're wanting to play in true 4K or plan for the future, you'd need the GTX 1080 to get even a decent frame rate at 4K resolution. If you're playing the game at 1080p resolution in your settings, then the tv will let it play at 1080p or will upscale it. Either way, the 1060 would handle that easily.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
      DirtyGarry24 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right, resolution set at 1080p. It does well, gets choppy on putting some. Thanks again.

• Hi, I am about to pull the plug and order a gaming PC. I am doubting whether to save a bit of money and go for an i5 7500 3.4 or an i7 6700 3.4.

Any noticeable difference?

Video card should be OK (GTC 1060 6 GB) I believe

Also, do I need to buy SSD (I will use the pc probably only to run TGC)?

thnx!

Comment

• You honestly don't need much of a processor. I use a 8yr old i5, forget the model, and run it alongside a GT 970 for my Sim. Runs awesome on max (High) settings. I have another PC running it inside where I do my course creation work and that one has an i7 6700K and a 1060 6GB and its virtually identical in performance. The 1060 pushes about 70-75FPS while the 970 is around 60-65 FPS. Both systems never experience any noticeable slow down on the courses I've played. I do have both running on an SSD which I'm a huge fan of. Mostly, because the insane bootup speeds of SSD....especially if you don't have anything else on the system. My Sim PC boots in about 6sec. My advice...get the i5, and buy a 128GB SSD....Samsung 840/850 Pro if you can still find one. Otherwise the new Pro will be fine.

Comment

• Thank you, will do that!

Comment

• Hi,

I'm about to order the R-motion wich comes with the TGC. But I want to test my garage setup before ordering a new Gaming PC. Do you think TGC will even launch on my laptop? It's an HP Elitebook 840 G2, intel core i7-5500U 2.40GHz, 8GB ram, Windows 7 64bit, intel graphics HD5500.

Comment

• ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            You can try. It might run at a very low resolution in low quality. The HD5500 is about 600% slower then the minimum card recommended.

• G4zzel
            G4zzel commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks ProTee United for the response. Thats a lot slower! I think I'll try to borrow a better computer then.

• I am now upgrading my PC for new installation based on SkyTrak .
          From info in the forum I understood that TGC will have new Version TGC2 at the beginning next year.
          Has anyone idea what demand for PC will have new software?
          As a graphic card I selected GTX 1060 with 6GB Memory - I hope that it should be good enough for new software next year.
          I just want to avoid situation that next year after update of TGC to TGC2 I will face problem again with my PC.

Comment

• I thought my CAD class desktop from 4 years ago would work, it even shows Direct 3d 11.1, but still getting the error in TGC. So I'm going to piece together a new computer based on the video card I just bought. Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB.

Comment

• Does anyone know of a benchmark software that I can download to my system to test/mimic the results I would get running high end games or in particular the TGC. I dont want to spend all kinds of time to find out I've missed something or a certain course wont run.. I have an approx budget of $2000 CAD to build a pc and want to run it at 1080p on a TV. If the benchmark software could be really useful. .. just found this after I posted lol.. there are a few .. here is one that seems popular..
              Last edited by cr8vnrg; 12-15-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Hi Everyone, I'm new here and am starting a garage build. I've been looking into computers to run TGC with skytrak. I'm wondering if anyone can give me a thumbs up/thumbs down on this gaming laptop? Alienware 15 R3 (4K screen) i7 gtx 1060. 16 Gb ram, 500 GB SSD. Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Comment

• hi, Iā€™m brand new here but loving the vast knowledge and guidance. Iā€™m hoping to have my build completed by mid Feb (SkyTrak, TGC, 10x9ft screen, ?projector not decided?).

Before pressing the purchase button, I wanted to make sure this laptop is sufficient to run TGC smoothly. I want the convenience of a laptop over a desktop so it can be stored away when not being used.

Thanks everyone šŸ‘šŸ»

Comment

• I am looking at a used iBuyPower Gaming Desktop with the following specs and am wondering if it will run TGC 2019 at 1080p resolution with full detail and no reduction in frame rate?
                    • Intel Core i7 8th Gen 3.2 GHz
                    • 16 GB RAM
                    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB
                    • 120 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
                    • Windows 10 Home Edition

Comment

• Question, why do gaming cpu's have 2 hard drives, or need them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt F View Post
                        Question, why do gaming cpu's have 2 hard drives, or need them.

Less a requirement and more a reflection of the cost of SSD drives (which are getting better all the time).

Typically one would put their operating system and programs on their main drive. In a gaming PC every ounce of speed usually contributes so the tendency is to select SSD drives (fastest read/write) - enthusiasts will even stripe the drives (Raid 0) to increase this read speed. However, SSD drives are quite a bit more expensive than regular drives so generally one would select a larger more cost effective drive for storage (pictures, videos, course data, back-ups, etc.).

In an ideal world you would have a large enough SSD as your main drive to store it all (with another to back everything up) - it all depends on where you want to spend your cash.
                        Last edited by jasonreg; 01-11-2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X