Automatic swing recording with OBS Studio

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FaultyClubs
    commented on 's reply
    You should get the one in a case.

    It's UVC compliant and works perfectly with every software I've tried.

    Nice, simple camera. Does what they claim and nothing more.

  • htdumps
    commented on 's reply
    I will let you know they should be here in a week. I will do a definitive breakdown of the cameras since I have 3 different ones now.

  • gkkling
    commented on 's reply
    Cool! I saw those Kayeton cameras on Amazon but there wasn't much info. Global Shutter and 120fps seems to be a sweet spot. Out of curiosity will you test with both Kinovea and OBS? I may be off the mark but compatibility seems to be a factor for some of these cameras. Good luck and have fun!

    Just noticed that it is USB 2.0. Do you think that will be an issue?
    Last edited by gkkling; 01-30-2019, 03:02 PM.

  • htdumps
    replied
    Testing out new cameras soon if your interested Non Distortion Global Shutter High Speed 120fps Webcam UVC Plug Play Driverle... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H92YD3S..._GzvuCb12JS0BD via @amazon

    Leave a comment:


  • htdumps
    replied
    Can not edit original post but should change the hotkey to F5, not f12. It breaks TGC sometimes on the screen shot screen.

    Leave a comment:


  • htdumps
    replied
    Another photo I setup for user Catdaddy.

    Leave a comment:


  • htdumps
    commented on 's reply
    1. I still use Kinovea because it can do frame by frame. The issue with Kinovea is that my cameras are to high of frame-rate for the older software to completely buffer. Using the scripts provided here I couldn't get it working just how I wanted it.

    2. Depends on how much light you have in your space. Im using these cameras but they need a lot of light for 330 fps. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0742BMJXX..._GiZsCbGX2NJ0B

  • htdumps
    commented on 's reply
    Its another way to get slow motion replay. It's more sensitive to timing but if set right you can capture the swing perfectly timed. The first method is limited to 5 seconds of replay time when I really only needed 4 for my swing.

  • htdumps
    commented on 's reply
    You have to start the replay buffer.

  • htdumps
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. This was just kinda a basic setup

  • sherrow70
    commented on 's reply
    I can’t find this folder . Add a new media source to the current scene, we'll call it "Instant Replay" for this guide, and select the Replay buffer file.
    By default it will be located in the “Videos” folder and the file name will start with Replay.

    I looked everywhere

  • gkkling
    replied
    Thanks for the tutorial!

    I just started digging through the other posts using Kinovea to see if I could incorporate video capture into my setup so good timing!

    1. In your experience, are there pros/cons to using this OBS setup instead of Kinovea setup?

    2. Do you have any recommendations on which cameras to use? The older posts suggest a few options but I suspect there might be better tech available now (with fps being a priority).

    Appreciate the help!

    Leave a comment:


  • sherrow70
    replied
    Htdumps when explaining the advanced option what does the exactly do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Snaphook
    replied
    Originally posted by htdumps View Post

    2. Unzip the download in the 64 bit plugins folder for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit



    Step 3 OBS

    1. Add one video capture source name it DTL, make sure to adjust the camera and set it to highest fps

    2. Add "ReplayInput" source, name it DTL slow, then select your camera and change the following values:
    Duration 4
    Maximum replays 1
    Thanks for posting this.
    Here are some noob questions i hope you can help with.

    1. Add one video capture source name it DTL, make sure to adjust the camera and set it to highest fps. Only one camera? Do i make another one and name it FO?

    Last edited by Snaphook; 01-27-2019, 11:07 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • htdumps
    replied
    Updated the better way to do the slowmo

    Leave a comment:

Working...