Automatic swing recording with OBS Studio

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • htdumps
    commented on 's reply
    Use this:
    Huge update. We now have sound detection and full fps playback with OBS and Replay source. This has been a huge amount of work on the developers part, if you like it please feel free to donate to him. He is very responsive and can tweak the plugin even more. paypal.me/exeldro

    Ok I'm going to assume you are somewhat comfortable with Obs, you can add camera inputs, and install plugins.

    Step 1 Installing Replay Source OBS

    1. Download from https://github.com/exeldro/obs-replay-source/releases

    2. Unzip the download in the 64 bit plugins folder for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit

    Step 2 OBS

    1. Create a new scene

    Step 3 OBS

    1. Add one video capture source name it DTL, make sure to adjust the camera and set it to highest fps

    2. Add an audio input source, name it MIC

    3. Add "ReplayInput" source, name it DTL slow, then select DTL and change the following values:
    Check Capture Internal Frame
    Select Your mic for the audio source.
    Duration 4000
    Load Delay 1000
    Maximum replays 1
    Speed Percentage change to your preference
    Threshold db change to how loud you need it so it will only capture the ball strike. I have it set to -11.00

    4. Click OK.

  • jrz
    replied
    Originally posted by jrz View Post
    I'm not seeing a buffer file in the Videos folder. After hitting Ctrl-R and Ctrl-S I get two video files in that folder, but that's it. Am I missing something?
    I only have one camera set up at the moment. The problem is that when following the instructions step by step, when it comes time to select the replay buffer file there is no file in the Videos file. Two files are created after I hit ctrl-alt-s and ctrl-alt-r.

    Leave a comment:


  • htdumps
    replied
    Working getting a solution for Kinovea to record to a folder then OBS replay them at any speed you need,

    Leave a comment:


  • FaultyClubs
    commented on 's reply
    What's wrong with the files? I'd expect two files, one for each camera replay you saved. Kinovea opens them fine on my system.

  • jrz
    replied
    I'm not seeing a buffer file in the Videos folder. After hitting Ctrl-R and Ctrl-S I get two video files in that folder, but that's it. Am I missing something?

    Leave a comment:


  • FaultyClubs
    commented on 's reply
    Assign a hot key to "save replay"

  • davidK
    replied
    What's a good method to record last replay for export to Kinovea or similar?
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • davidK
    commented on 's reply
    Strong work.

    To open the Threshold db, I clicked Sound trigger load replay.

  • htdumps
    commented on 's reply
    Yea you can get them to sync, it just takes time adjusting the length, load delay, and start delay.

  • jrz
    commented on 's reply
    Is that because you're trying to minimize the length of the recording of the ball? If so, is it safe to assume you can get them pretty close to synced?

  • htdumps
    commented on 's reply
    Its because the ball camera is set to capture for 125ms with a load delay of 90 ms while the other camera is set for 3000ms capture with a 1000ms load delay.

  • jrz
    commented on 's reply
    That's awesome - thanks for sharing. By chance do you know why the timing of the videos is off?

  • htdumps
    replied
    Here Is a dual camera Slomotion Setup: https://youtu.be/pWOlpgoiyH0

    Leave a comment:


  • htdumps
    commented on 's reply
    Still testing will do a review soon.

  • jrz
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you htdumps. By chance did you complete your camera testing? I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on the different models you tested.
Working...