Automatic swing recording with OBS Studio
Collapse
X
-
For anyone looking for a microphone to use with this, I liked this one (I used it with AZT and Kinovea). I lay it on the ground right next to my SkyTrak and it works great without being noticeable.
Sony ECMCS3 Clip Style Omnidirectional Stereo Microphone, Silver
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0058MJX..._VlKyCbY4Y377ZLast edited by jrz; 02-12-2019, 05:52 AM.
-
Huge update. We now have sound detection and full fps playback with OBS and Replay source. This has been a huge amount of work on the developers part, if you like it please feel free to donate to him. He is very responsive and can tweak the plugin even more. paypal.me/exeldro
Ok I'm going to assume you are somewhat comfortable with Obs, you can add camera inputs, and install plugins.
Step 1 Installing Replay Source OBS
1. Download from https://github.com/exeldro/obs-replay-source/releases
2. Unzip the download in the 64 bit plugins folder for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit
Step 2 OBS
1. Create a new scene
Step 3 OBS
1. Add one video capture source name it DTL, make sure to adjust the camera and set it to highest fps
2. Add an audio input source, name it MIC
3. Add "ReplayInput" source, name it DTL slow, then select DTL and change the following values:
Check Capture Internal Frame
Select Your mic for the audio source.
Duration 4000
Load Delay 1000
Maximum replays 1
Speed Percentage change to your preference
Threshold db change to how loud you need it so it will only capture the ball strike. I have it set to -11.00
4. Click OK.
Hit some balls.
Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9IL0moAgJULast edited by htdumps; 02-11-2019, 07:11 AM.
Leave a comment:
-
Here's a video with my 2 live cams with a slow mo replay. This works better than I expected. Thanks htdumps. I am using the keyboard right now to trigger a slow mo replay, but I will probably setup a bluetooth headset + Voice Attack until those Alpha mods come through.
I setup a Skytrak at home recently. A user on GolfSimulatorForum made a post about using webcams with OBS Studio. Here is my result using an $85 webcam from ...
Leave a comment:
-
Got audio trigger working, updated version of tutorial and plugin soon.
Leave a comment:
-
Im using some alpha builds I'll let you know once he puts them up on git
-
HT: Sounds like you're on the case. Adding audio trigger is good OBS has the audio streams and understands Python so should be doable.
An option to automatically save the replay buffer would be nice. OBS has no analysis capability but Kinovea does. Kinovea reads the OBS files just fine for downstream analysis.
I'm seeing a bit of jitter in slow motion playback. Might be a replay source issue. Keep an eye out for that in your testing.
Leave a comment:
-
htdumps what size lens did you get? I ordered 2 of these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) which is the same as yours (from the same seller) it just has a nice case on it.
The 2.1mm lens has the widest FOV, however I could have probably done a 2.8mm to pull in tighter. I am about 5-6 ft from one camera and about 7 from the other and a 2.1mm lens is a bit too wide of a FOV. Once I mount my cameras (waiting on a long USB cable) I'll post some pictures.
Thank you for the write up and I do believe this is a very good, affordable solution!
Leave a comment:
-
FaultyClubs Been working with OBS Dev of Replay Input. We got the issues worked out about fps, the plugin now writes directly to memory instead of being processed by OBS, we are working on getting a sound trigger put in. We already got a delay added similar to Kinovea. Any other suggestions to improve it will be greatly appreciated.
Leave a comment:
I lose my breath here. You don't have a day job ?
Leave a comment: