Inflatable golf sim enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflatable golf sim enclosure

Has anyone seen or tried out one of these enclosures? I think I noticed that Foresight might use it for their trade show booth.
    Top Style: Square Centre-pole Capacity: 2-6 Material: PVC Tarpaulin&Oxford Fabric Usage: Golf Simulator Practise Style: 1 Door Pole Material: Air-Sealed Sturcture

Attached Files

I have one that I ordered thru them with a front cover and floor . It’s been 2 years and it holding up well. Final cost was around 2200 shipped

Comment

• Critzblank
      Critzblank commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Are you using it indoors only or have you tried it outside as well?

Only outdoors when it’s going to rain or snow I deflate it

Comment

• Critzblank
      Critzblank commented
      Editing a comment
      What company did you order it through? I am interested in getting one.

Yolley.net

Comment

• Critzblank
      Critzblank commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Thanks!

Originally posted by Mbs313 View Post
    Only outdoors when it’s going to rain or snow I deflate it
    For us whole point is practice when rain or snow , do they have a support for the top ?
    thanks

Comment

It will not support snow or rain since it has a flat roof which will collapse under the weight so I just deflate and inflate when rain or snow stops takes under 5 mins

Comment

• Noob20
        Noob20 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long does it take for you to set it up? I imagine its a procedure to inflate, install a projector, align a LM, etc?

Ordered one and it should be delivered in two days! (Took 2-3 days to build, 4-5 days to ship). It takes the most time to wait for the wire transfer to clear.

Comment

Curious what the screen dimensions are and how well the screen displays images and holds up to hits.

Comment

• Critzblank
          Critzblank commented
          Editing a comment
          The dimensions are 3.3 M x 4.6 M x 5.2 M.... It looks like the screen is a good 10 ft. x 12 ft... I'll measure it once I get it set up.

• Noob20
          Noob20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome. I'm very interested in your experience with it. Ease and time to inflate, set up projector, launch monitor, etc. Please post how it goes, and your thoughts on the construction, image quality, etc. And yes, dimensions of the tent and the screen.

I ordered a dome shaped cover from Alibaba for about $400 Canadian including shipping, exchange, etc. No hitting screen as my backyard setup already has my net hung from the balcony but I wanted cover for when it rains. I created a thread on it awhile back.

I haven’t used it much as my impulse buy didn’t think through that it’s a bit of a setup effort and when it rains here it can be for days so drying the thing out for storage wasn’t going to be easy.

Remains to be seen if it was a good purchase but I took a gamble based on price as everything I was finding was way more money.

Comment

Some videos of the unit can be found here:
          Here is an inflatable Golf simulation enclosure that was filled with air for the first time. It's dimensions are ~15 ft. wide by 17 ft. long by 10.8 ft. high...

Quick tour of the inflatable golf simulation enclosure. The sides and screen are velcro-ed onto the unit and weighs around 180 pounds when shipped.

Comment

Just ordered premium putting turf from Turf Factory Direct. Don't know if I will put padding under or not yet. Will wait and see how it works first with it's thin padding.

Here is a video with the GC Quad and my JCVideo setup.

Comment

• Saybobby
              Saybobby commented
              Editing a comment
              just watched your video - at the start you said you had to fix a hole?

There were three TINY punctures. I used HH-66 vinyl cement and the patch material that was provided and it worked awesomely! It is rock solid now.

Comment

I installed the padded turf today.

Comment

• Critzblank
                Critzblank commented
                Editing a comment
                the 15x17 foot roll was around 125 pounds. I cut it in half as it is cumbersome to move around. I need it to be portable in case I need to take it down real quick because of rain.

• khkyle86
                khkyle86 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you end up inserting your hitting mat into the turf? Also what does the underside of the turf look like? Is it course and require a pad to stop from scratching the flooring underneath it?

• Critzblank
                Critzblank commented
                Editing a comment
                I have the mat sitting on top of the indoor padded turf. I use gorilla grip carpet tape to keep it from moving. I do not have a cut out for the hitting mat. I padded carpet has about a 3/8 inch wool-like padding under it.

Sim is really looking good!

Comment

• Critzblank
                Critzblank commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Not bad for sitting on my driveway!

So I bought a Yolloy tent, and I love it. The biggest problem I have is staying warm. I played tonight and it was 28F out. I was freezing, the heater I bought was no help. The heater is a 9000BTU propane heater. When you have a tent that has a 10' ceiling and roughly 450 square feet, it's a huge volume to heat, not to mention zero insulation. Has anyone come up with a solution. I don't need it be 80 degrees in there, but at least 65 degrees. Open to any suggestions, thanks!

Comment

• Noob20
                Noob20 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not nearly as loud as it looks, but you wouldn't want it on the whole time. Even though it has a thermostat on it, if you keep part of it outside the tent, the thermostat won't be accurate. It gets crazy hot quickly. That being said, I would probably prefer a permanent heater solution but all the electric heaters blow my circuits. If anyone has a solution, I'd be interested in hearing about that (short of expensive electrical work).

• Critzblank
                Critzblank commented
                Editing a comment
                Check this thread out: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ropane-heaters

• Noob20
                Noob20 commented
                Editing a comment
                Propane was more of a pain. This kerosene heater does great, the only downside is that it's kerosene and needs to be moved. I tried the Mr. Buddy and it didn't put out anywhere near enough heat. So I use what I bought which puts out significantly more heat.
            Working...
            X