Attaching Fiberbuilt Insert to 4x5 CCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching Fiberbuilt Insert to 4x5 CCE

I’ve had tennis elbow and developed early extension from the CCE so I’m looking to add a hitting strip/area/insert and continue to use the CCE for my stance. I’ve ordered a 4x1 Fiberbuilt to butt up against the edge of the CCE. Is this a mistake? Should I be ordering smaller dimensions so that I can ‘insert it’ into the CCE? Any posts out there showing these methods in action?

I use 4x1 up against my stance mat. It works great. I framed all of it together with 2x4s.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
      triplebogeysrbetter commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. Not 2x4 but built a frame around my two mats. Love it.

Btw who recommend the fiberbuilt to you ??????????

• triplebogeysrbetter
      triplebogeysrbetter commented
      Editing a comment
      Crickets!!!!!

• cobig13
      cobig13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do either of you have pictures of your setups? Are they mobile? Things you do or don't like?

I just purchased 1 panel from Fiberbuilt last week and cut it into my existing mat using a Dremel tool with the "claw" shaped drywall blade. I traced the wide grooves and cut them into the mat so the panel really fits snug. With the smaller grooves sides, Click image for larger version

Name:	serveimage.jpg
Views:	1728
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	191576 I left them as a straight cut. Everything is flush and works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarl View Post
      I just purchased 1 panel from Fiberbuilt last week and cut it into my existing mat using a Dremel tool with the "claw" shaped drywall blade. I traced the wide grooves and cut them into the mat so the panel really fits snug. With the smaller grooves sides, Click image for larger version

Cool idea to trace the grooves. Do you find 1 panel to be wide enough? I bought 2, but actually wonder if 3 is the way to go.

Comment

• Jarl
        Jarl commented
        Editing a comment
        1 works, but am currently contemplating purchasing 1 more just to increase my "room for error"

I have 3 panels, in my opinion 2 would be the absolute minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarl View Post

What mat did you use?

Comment

• StuartG
          StuartG commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes the inexpensive allturfmats are much shorter in height (I use them as a stance mat w/ fiberbuilt panels) but it's still a lot less expensive to build up a DIY platform than it is to buy a CCE mat for a stance mat.

• TheBaron
          TheBaron commented
          Editing a comment
          I just put some dense foam pads underneath that I had left over from my putting green to make the same height as the fiberbuilt. Or you could just use some extra plywood underneath as well.

• WISCOGOLFNUT
          WISCOGOLFNUT commented
          Editing a comment
          I just inserted a 1x3 Fiberbuilt mat into my CCE mat last night.. it was easy to do.. I just used a new blade on a box cutter knife and then did a little trimming with a scissors the difference in hitting off of Fiberbuilt vs. CCE is amazing.

How is putting on Fiberbuilt?

Comment

I have 1x4 fiberbuilt. I don't have any issues putting on it.

Comment

Originally posted by abenjami View Post

What mat did you use?
            TheBaron - I'm looking into this right now. Isn't there a difference in height between your stance mat and the Fiberbuilt sections though? The $100 mat from allturfmats seems to be 1 inch high and IIRC the fiberbuilt sections are closer to 2 inches high.

Comment

Three years ago I initially bought CCE but also experienced elbow pain. Two years ago I bought the Fiberbuilt 5x4 stance mat that has the 4 panels. I like the heavy rubber base of Fiberbuilt. I ended up cutting 1x4 strips of my CCE mat and rotate them with the Fiberbuilt panels. I really like hitting off of CCE but can’t do it day in and day out.

Comment

Working...
              X