Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Range of Mats

Hi Guys,

Fairly new to the Simulator world however I am looking to launch a range of hitting mats and other items. I am looking to provide a high quality mat at a more favourable price point for all. I have attached some images of a 10x10 (300x300) combo hitting/putting mat system that we have available. We are possibly looking to roll some of these out to members for testing and feedback at lower rates in the near future. Currently Fibrebuilt offer a similar product starting at $2499.00 we are looking to retail these at £1000. I have also shown a 150x150 hitting mat example that we would look to launch at around £300.00. Your thoughts on these would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

I looked over some of the pictures and it seems like it would be good for a stance mat or putting, but I didn't see any features that would match the "give" of the Fiberbuilt hitting mat. These look similar to the Country Club Elite mats, which I have also used, that really punished my hands, arms, shoulders. Not trying to rip on your product idea but you asked for opinions. The soft depth of the Fiberbuilt hitting area on a less than perfect swing was a huge relief after the CCE mat.
    Cheers, good luck!

Comment

• Minnkota
      Minnkota commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 = Same journey for me! I would also add that hitting mat wise, many would desire a good gel type mat as an alternative to pricey TrueStrike mats. Currently this is a popular DIY route.

What is the thickness of the padding underneath and the height of the grass on top of that? It looks pretty thin in the pictures. As stated above, fiberbuilt is preferred because it is less punishing on mishits. Guys hit one to two hundred balls a day on here and any sort of jarring impact quickly accumulates into injuries.

This is just an an observation but there are quite a few similar looking mats already on the market. Maybe not that large but at least that type of material. I think you could differentiate yours by having some sort of insert for full swing shots. Something like a fiberbuilt panel that dropped in or having a gel pad underneath as described in the DIY truestrike thread on here could be nice. Also, guys who build golf simulators in their homes tend to not be super price sensitive. So even if it added a few hundred dollars, it would still sell if it holds up and doesn’t cause injuries while still looking nice.

I like having the hole for putting and alignment lines would also be a good feature.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the feedback and replies . Our aim is to have these available as fibrebuilt as this is what everyone wants and requires. I will be provide some spec details soon. Thanks

Comment

Looks like a great variety of turf there. I've been there and its down to every golfer to decide what they want on forgiveness or not and whether putting is important etc. Firmness of stance is important to me, but not to many etc

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
          Hi guys thanks for the feedback and replies . Our aim is to have these available as fibrebuilt as this is what everyone wants and requires. I will be provide some spec details soon. Thanks
          One of the most important things for many is the shock/impact relief to reduce repetitive strain injuries. We will need to see cross sections to see what your mats offer.

Comment

I love the Fiberbuilt hitting mat insert that I have recessed into my subfloor. The one complaint I have is that the holes for adding tees is unnecessary. I use the Birtee product and would swap out my Fiberbuilt for an equally forgiving product that didn't have the tee cutouts.

Comment

Originally posted by chicub15 View Post
              I love the Fiberbuilt hitting mat insert that I have recessed into my subfloor. The one complaint I have is that the holes for adding tees is unnecessary. I use the Birtee product and would swap out my Fiberbuilt for an equally forgiving product that didn't have the tee cutouts.
              FYI, you can order the fiberbuilt inserts without the tee holes.

Comment

Great idea! Liking the base material and dual purpose mat. I would love to try out if you had a 10 x 10 or smaller. I’ve pieced something on my own but not as nice as that. I tend to like 2’ strip by simulator screen of thick turf to absorb balls hitting screen but the putting portion padding would do the trick.

Comment

Hi Guys, sorry I am away at the moment, however we have some variants arriving very soon. We have also gone with the 10x10 but with 3D hitting inserts for left and right handed, rather than the whole top section being a hitting area, we have some 3D 150cmx150cm mats arriving also. We will provide some images and specs soon. Anyone who is keen for testing and test pre launch pricing we suggest to PM us so we can be sure to be able to provide a mat of your requirement. Thanks

Comment

Hi Guys, firstly i have been moving house and then getting things ready for new baby arrival. The arrival of the Mats is tomorrow. Our plan is to take some images of the Mats and then upload some images here, we are also getting the listing templates and shop set up also for launch. Again as previously said we are doing some testing pricing first. If you are interested in the first few of the mats a the testing pricing please contact me via the DM and we will be in touch. Thanks again for your patience

Comment

Hi Guys the professional images and websites will follow soon, however here are some images taken of the mats that have have. Thanks

Comment

Hey All, I have some of the Combo Mats and hitting mats in stock, still getting round to adding more items to the website and listing all the items we can offer. However you can view and purchase some of the items at https://www.forematgolf.co.uk/

We currently are only shipping to the UK for Free and have the units at a great introductory offer! Anyone looking to try a FOREMAT golf mat please get in touch, or if you have any other request please do not hesitate to ask.

We have ours set up with our simulator which works perfectly.

Thanks https://www.forematgolf.co.uk/

Comment

Just my .02

i think what the MATT segment needs is a truly realistic hitting surface at any price ( read exoensive is ok)
                          if it’s realistic in feel

Comment

Working...
                          X