Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @frackh (NET) and @allen2be (GROSS) winning the TGC 2017/2018 SPRING TOUR - RBC Heritage !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 Spring Tour - Valero Texas Open with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley G.C. (ProTee Green Tees) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ero-texas-open
See more
See less

FSX 2018 is very good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could anyone please suggest how Dual monitor support works? And how to setup? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by joejitt View Post
      Could anyone please suggest how Dual monitor support works? And how to setup? Thank you.
      It doesn’t, as it’s not implemented yet. Coming soon apparently.

Comment

• joejitt
        joejitt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

• Has anyone heard any updates as to when the real 2018 update is coming? End of the month is essentially here.

Comment

• emailed my rep and inquired about the trees and interface. I haven't purchased it yet, but he definitely said to hold off and contact him next month. That was 2 days ago. I wouldn't hold your breath on updates coming soon unfortunately. Foresight is so slow!!!!!! Did I tell you they took my money a year in advance for FSX.......probably have.....
        Honestly, I would say Summer would be very optimistic to have everything they promised.

Comment

• Yeah, I figured it would be much later than 'promised'. The more courses I play on 2018 the more I notice the differences. Undulations on the courses stand out more which does make them look better. Some courses more than others. The putting is the other big benefit. I'd still wait unless you want those two features. I'm looking forward to the new interface and dual monitor support though.

Comment

• According the Foresight, the only courses they have done over are the core 5. So what your are seeing is most likely the benefits of the deferred lighting. The undulation part is good to know because for a while all Foresight courses were relatively flat compared to other softwares. I will wait till at least the trees and interface are done, but what I am really looking for is a course designed specifically for FSX 2018. The newer courses look much better than the first batch that they rolled out. Right now, I am looking at Olazabal & Spring City Mountain because they look like pretty fun tracks. Guess I am in no rush since golf season is around the corner, but with E6 & FSX on the horizon, things could look good for next winter.

Comment

• It's more to it than just lighting. There are texture changes as well and it impacts some courses more than others, but it plays into the visual undulations. I played Olazabal today and it looks really good, better than I remember. It's a really good track and well done. I've looked at the "new" courses and I can barely tell what is new about them. I see more difference with Olazabal or Castle Stuart than I do with the new free ones. Not sure what the deal is there. I'm thinking the new (2.X) courses will be the only ones that see the benefit of the new trees when they come out. That is just a guess though.

Comment

• col forbin
                col forbin commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry mm, I was just going by what the Foresight customer chat said when I asked if they have redone any courses. He told me just Teton and the 4 free ones were done for FSX 2018. When they emailed you the link, did those 5 courses have downloads starting with 2.X? Grant said the deferred lighting makes a ton of difference, so I assumed it applied to all courses. Since you actually have the courses and are playing them, I will take your word for it over theirs obviously. It's just strange that no one is on the same page at Foresight!

• To me it looks computer generated. Now, not saying computer generated is NOT a good look...e6 and JNPG are that way and I enjoy both. TGC might not look as pleasing to the eye but to me if the course are done correctly - looks more real and less computer generated. what I mean by done correctly is no mountains on a course on the east coast.

Comment

• Anybody who has the FSX 2018 upgrade, have they gone anywhere with it? Looks like they just took the money and ran. I'm hearing graphically it is a little better, but that should have just been a non fee upgrade. Hoping they put in what they promised!

Comment

• Looks like John Watters owner of Foresight sports testing the updated Ui FSX18.. picture from twitter

Comment

• FSX does look a lot better, but I don't think I'll ever play a course on it having TGC. For practicing, nothing beats FSX though.

Comment

• Anybody uses FSX offset due to lack of width of screen?

Comment

• Baller
                        Baller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup, screen is wide, but need a little more room for a driver, so it’s offset. Works great.

• p3eps
                        p3eps commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep... me too. I also requested that the map was available to move to the left as it filled up most of my offset screen! Out of my 20+ requests / bug fixes to Foresight, this is the only one they’ve actually listened to!!

• Originally posted by Golfbeat View Post
                      Anybody uses FSX offset due to lack of width of screen?
                      Yes, I use the offset in FSX due to limited space.

Comment

• I see they’ve released a “Royal Course Bundle”... $500 for 5 courses. ONLY compatible with FSX2018.
                        I already have Castle Stuart. I guess that means I won’t get any updates for it unless I upgrade to FSX2018?
                        Last edited by p3eps; 04-20-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Mxwoodman
                          Mxwoodman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Guess in 2019 you'll have to re-buy all courses again to use FSX2019 and maybe at that time it will have the missing stuff from FSX2018 or more likely it will get in the FX2020 version and you'll have to buy the same stuff all over again

• I highly doubt they even improved the courses for FSX 2018. These are 5 courses I am really not interested in and pretty bland on a simulator. But hey, let's charge I don't know, $500.00 for courses that don't sell. In reality, they are trying to get people to buy this and upgrade to FSX 2018 at the same time, so $1K. The greed at the top is out of control!

Comment

Working...
                        X