FSX 2018 is very good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX 2018 is very good

I got FSX 2018 yesterday. I am very new to FSX, but I can say for sure the graphics difference from FSX to FSX 2018 is huge. I was not impressed with the graphics in the old version. I even own the expensive courses, and the graphics were marginal. FSX 2018 is a huge difference in the graphics quality! I would say the included courses graphics are about as good as TGC, and the expensive courses look even better than TGC. I am extremely impressed with the graphics quality with FSX 2018. I have not spent enough time to tell you about other features added or upgraded.

• My brio gets 60fps using FSX after I modified the settings. I was told that is the best you can get in FSX. The highest setting only goes to 60 FPS in FSX. Its not the camera. The brio will go higher using other software.

Comment

• Perhaps the most you can get using that camera in FSX, you mean?

Comment

• sherrow70
        sherrow70 commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you set this in black and white? If I can get 90fps I should would like to try it even if its in B/W.

• sherrow70
        sherrow70 commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you set this in black and white? If I can get 90fps I should would like to try it even if its in B/W.

• Baller
        Baller commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s a b&w camera. I did notice one oddity though. As soon as you select the camera, it does go to 30fps. After that, I have to select the right profile on the drop down from the right.

• for multi monitor users, i noticed that in FSX it only shows available resolutions that are native to whatever display is labled as "1" in you windows settings.

i have my projector connected via HDMI and my old monitor via DVI, the projecter is 4:3 format set to 1600x1200 in windows display settings and the monitor is set at 1080p, the display assigment numbers have my monitor as 1 and my projector as 2, i've set FSX to dual monitor mode and set my projector as the main screen and the monitor as the secondary screen however when i go to select the resolution for my projector in FSX it didn't have 1600X1200, searching around on the internet i couldn't see a way to reassign the display numbers, i unplugged the monitor and the projector became "1" but then it went back to 2 as soon as the monitor was plugged back in.

i was able to add a unsupported custom resolution of 1600x1200 in Nvidia control panel to my monitor which then appears as an option in the windows settings, i didn't select it, i just left the monitor at 1080p, but then when i restarted FSX now i could select 1600x1200 for my projector...

Comment

• I recently found a really cool setting in the Nvidia control panel that allows you to set the dimensions of your projection right on your screen. It’s called custom scaling and it seems that no matter what you set your resolution to, it makes the output exactly what you want it. You can use it when you mirror or when you extend, but you have to do it once for each of those.

I wish I’d seen that sooner (like before I whacked my projector on a bad follow though while messing with my projector location to eat the screen perfect).

Comment

• I got two of the high speed cameras from ebay, work well at between 90 FPS but I have a small room so swing is not in frame. I used Brio and then sent it back to Amazon as only got 30fps, so was no good to me. I have re-ordered the Brio as if I can get 60-90fps then the Brio works well for me as I get full swing in frame. If you have 6ft+at side or behind then ebay camera is by far best solution for price. I have two ebay cameras for sale for cheap, anybody in UK/Ireland contact me.

Comment

• GoldenSim
            GoldenSim commented
            Editing a comment
            I might be interested in those cameras. Did you get the ones that are boxed? I'm visiting the UK next week, so I might be able to grab them if they're the ones I'm looking for. Could you send me a link to the ebay listing and confirm a price for both? Thanks, Dave

• Hi guys. Finally my new sim room is set up. Now next topic FSX2018 - guess there is no real way around it, knowing Foresight will screw us the one way or the other.

Question 1: What is the experience regarding hardware? What setup will lead to smooth graphics? Nvidea 1080 required?`How much RAM? Which processor? Will need a new PC, but would like to avoid to buy a 3000 USD machine.

Question 2: Did anybody manage to set up dual screen with a touch screen? Is this a good idea?

Best from Berlin

Max

Comment

• Baller
            Baller commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't have a touch screen but FSX18 does have some touch features I think, like touch aiming. I did 2 screens but wasn't thrilled with it so not back on mirroring. I really like the new program though and the ipad an phone app are great as well.

• Hey guys -- for FSX 2018, how good are Royal Troon, Birkdale and Oakmont? I am trying to see if they are worth pushing for in my deal being offered by my rep.

Thanks!

Comment

• I have dual touch screen, but the second screen doesn’t work. If you press on the primary screen, it shows the spot on the second screen. It’s nice in that both my screens look the same, however having the second as a touch screen is pointless.

Comment

• Thanks. So does anybody have specific thoughts around how "hardware hungry" FSX is? I think Cory (Par2Pro) mentioned, it is quite demanding...

Comment

• I am running FSX 2018 on a 2 year old system with a Core i7-6700, GTX 1070 and 16 GB RAM. I have not had any issues with 1080p performance. I do not have any of the premium courses though. I have updated all the standard courses to FSX 2018 version.

Comment

• I’m running it on a 5 year old gaming computer. I was a very good one when I bought it, I run a ton of other stuff on there including too many chrome pages open, iTunes usually streaming, and very rarely see anything other than smooth graphics.

My system does not like it when I have FSX open and stream full screen videos from You Tube at the same time. The videos usually lag when it’s open, but only in full screen.

I did uograde my ram my ram and my video card in the last couple years, however.

Comment

• Thanks. Got a 1080Ti now in the new machine with 32GB of RAM - i hope that buys me a few years time.

Comment

• Technical question: When trying to run the Simulator Setup Tool, I can't change the values, because it seems I need Administrator rights. I am logged into Windows as an Admin? Did anybody face that problem and solve it? (Overall I think FSX is a clear step forward - which should have happened last year, but still).

Comment

• Baller
                        Baller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Your system must have high r than normal security settings. Try right clicking the program and then in the menu click “open with Admin rights”.

• Maxomoto
                        Maxomoto commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks! Will try later.

• Promo running again for 5 standard courses for FSX2018 for $300. Says it is good for this week.
                      Promo code: SEPTEMBER

Comment

• Nibbling, but not sure that I'm going to bite.

Is there a consensus on the five best standard courses? I've seen positive comments on Coeur D' Alene and Nine Lakes.

From there, the only thing I can judge on is Foresight's still photos. Bridges, Pete Dye River and Whitford look interesting.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Mbs313
                          Mbs313 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          i would suggest Asaina, Ballyowen .
                      Working...
                      X