GSA Vistrak Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSA Vistrak Beta Testing

We are getting close to releasing the Beta version of Vistrak. The final configuration and pricing is still subject to change. We are testing a few more lighting configurations and then we will be making a decision on the final single camera specs. Soon after the single camera Vistrak release, a floor mounted Vistrak launch monitor will be released for beta testing. I expect that the pricing for this unit will be close to the single camera overhead unit. And finally the CX surround Vistrak will be released. More information will be available next week.

If you are interested in GSA's Beta testing program please send me a private message with the following information.

Name, Forum user name, email address, your current simulator if any, what software you are currently using , computer specs, and whether you are interested in the ceiling model or the floor model.

The LED light seems very bright, especially that you recommend wearing a hat... What does this do to the projected game video? Does it wash it out any or are you still getting a bright image?

Also, regarding the high powered IR being developed, any time frame when that will be available or at least tested so we know if that will be an option?

Comment

• flightscoperick
      flightscoperick commented
      Editing a comment
      Martin answered that ? earlier saying that the light would not effect the video image from the projector.

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      I find that the bright LED is better than a couple of halogens....cooler and easier on the eyes. Mike is still working on an IR solution. When he has one..... the spotlight will be coming down.....or dimmed....it has a good dimmer and remote.

Ordered the Vistrak what would you recommend for spin VcamB LX High Res or would just the Vcam be sufficient with calculated spin. Also are any of you just using a Vcam with your setup and not the Bcam.
    Last edited by flightscoperick; 08-03-2019, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Fairways IGC
      Fairways IGC commented
      Editing a comment
      The vcamB will be able to be mounted on the perimeter of the enclosure and function for both left and right. The LX will be mounted near the hitting area like a skytrack and GC.

I use the CX surround and club cam with calculated spin in all 4 of my bays right now for my customers. Works very well. But i am looking forward to the eagle. And doing the side by side with the Uneekor that we recently recieved...for some casual comparisons.

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Take a look at these two YouTube videos. One video, we have the GC2 and the PX5 measuring the same ball. The PX5 calculates SA from club data. The GC2 measures SA. My GC2 at the time had a definite right bias. It was quite difficult to hit fades on it. At the outdoor range, I have no problem hitting fades. Here is that video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlNIzqLmp4c
      The other video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUlL-rCN5LU
      In this video, I take a LW and try to chip 5 shots around 1000 rpm, 5 shots over 2000 rpm, and 5 shots at 3500-4000 rpm. I did have a little trouble pulling up the data, so you can skip ahead to 7:20 of the video after the 15 shots are done. Note at the end.... when I skull it. I know that I skulled it and the calculated data supported a skulled shot.

And finally, just to show that I do have pretty good control over my spin...… You can look at this video.

Now this video is not published and will be removed from this post after you take a look at it. The reason that I didn't post it, is that I was a little on the chip when I made it.. I had a guy say that calculated spin is totally useless. I usually don't make videos when I am annoyed like that. After looking at this video, I am not too sure if I am out of line..... but annoyed for sure. Normally, I would send this to you in a PM...… but my inbox is disabled due to the volume of messages.... even after I deleted a bunch.....still not working. So public it is....

The fact is that calculated spin is way better than most people think..... Is it better to have spin measured?.....absolutely …. but for the average guy, they would never know the difference as long as the club data is accurate.

Back to your question..... for me, I would like measured spin. As long as SA is accurate. SA is the hardest thing to measure accurately. I have hit with the GC2 at the outdoor range......looked down and see right SA..... look at the ball flying through the air fading left. So in a perfect world. the spin and club data would be measured and the two pieces of data should support each other. I have seen some data from a competitor that shows club path of 30 degrees...… I would like to see the guy that can swing like that and still hit the ball. At that point, the 30 degree club path should be disregarded as a misread and the path should be calculated from ball spin data..... not perfect...but neither is 30 degrees club path.
      Last edited by keither5150; 08-05-2019, 12:18 AM.

Are there any videos showing VisTrak playing a round

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Waiting for Martin to fix a couple of things with putting. but soon.

The Eagle doesn’t give you calculated side spin, is that correct? Any advantage over the ceiling or floor mount?

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      All GSA systems that don't measure spin will give calculated spin based on club data. Mounting the Eagle on the floor??? Might want to look at the LX and buy the extra lens. This way, it can be used on the ceiling or on the floor. On the floor it will have measured spin but not full club data. On the floor, club data will include club speed and AOA. On the ceiling, you won't have measured spin but you will have full club data which is used to calculate spin.

Just pulled the trigger on the Vistrak LX. My new house has a small exercise room I can shoehorn a sim into! I was one of the early adopters of MEVO and I was not disappointed with Flightscope. Looking to continue more of the same with GSA.

Comment

Private messaging is working again. Apparently you also have to empty your Sent items and trash bin. Emailing me at Keith @ GSAgolf.com is a little better. I have unlimited storage there.

Important Beta sales information here. Everyone that contacted me asking to be on the Beta list will have their deadline of August 15th extended to the end of the year. For all others, Beta pricing ends on August 15.

Comment

• Boverton
        Boverton commented
        Editing a comment
        How do we purchase our unit after the 15th for the beta sales price. I was one that contacted you. Thanks.

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Boverton No worries, I forwarded everyone on my list to Martin. Beta pricing will be available to you until the end of the year.

keither5150 one of the big advantages on the eagle is the large area of interest window.
      Does the LX-HiRes compromise that?
      Also, how exact does the logo need to be facing the LX? Does it need to be in a certain orientation?

Spin dot balls seem to also be available, will we be able to get different types of balls with the spin dot pattern?

Also, when are the first batch of beta units going out? I purchased on August 1st and still haven't heard anything about when they are being shipped.

Comment

• flightscoperick
        flightscoperick commented
        Editing a comment
        Just heard 1st shipment of betas going out end of next week.
        Last edited by flightscoperick; 08-06-2019, 10:52 PM.

Do any of the GSA systems measure spin?

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ports. Lefty/Righty play will be a ceiling mounted Eagle along with a Vcam B which is the same as the LX hi Res but with different lenses. LX hi Res has normal lens while the Vcam B has zoomed lenses.

The Eagle ( when installed in a LX case can be mounted on the ceiling or the floor. On the ceiling you will require a LED Spotlight and zoomed lens. On the floor, no light is needed other than what is already in the LX case and ambient lighting.

So you will mount the Eagle on the ceiling 3 feet ahead of the tee. The Vcam B will be mounted 2-3 feet ahead of the tee on the floor, 5-8 feet off the centerline. This combination will give you measured spin, club data and ball data.

• Ports
        Ports commented
        Editing a comment
        What's the price point on the ceiling unit?

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        $999 for the Eagle including the LED spotlight. And $1199 for the LX, if mounting on the ceiling , you will have to purchase the spotlight.

Hey keither5150 so my preference is to have a unit that can measure all ball (including spin) and club data. I've read the GSA website re: Vistrak and it seems there are two options.. can you correct me here?

1. VisTrak VcamB - requires a ceiling and floor device

OR

2. You mention there is some type of single VisTrak CX Surround device in the works that can measure club and ball data and that can be ceiling or floor mounted??

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        1. is the current available option. The ceiling will have a Eagle unit and floor will have a Vcam B. 2. Is what we are going to build next. The spin cameras have been tested from that distance and can be triggered by the Vistrak camera. We just haven't put one of these together yet. It is called the Vistrak Surround B. Both of these options are lefty/righty friendly.

Keither5150, I ended up ordering a the Vistrak LX, and am planning to experiment a little after it arrives to see if I prefer floor or ceiling mounting in my setup. You mentioned above that, in addition to adding a spotlight, a zoom lens is required if the LX Vistrak is ceiling mounted. Maybe the GSA website says that somewhere, but it sure doesn't say that on the page I ordered from that states that the Vistrak LX can be placed either on the floor or mounted to the ceiling. I assume that means that the zoom lens comes with the Vistrak LX since mounting it to the ceiling without an additional lens presumably wouldn't work. If a zoom lens for ceiling mounting doesn't come with the LX, and it costs extra to make ceiling mounting actually function, GSA should probably be more clear about that in their documentation. If the zoom lens for ceiling mounting does not come with the Vistrak LX, what is the cost of that lens?

Also, scouring the GSA website I found two separate places to order spin dot golf balls. One place states they cost $89 per dozen, and another spot says $49 for 20. Obviously the later is preferred, although both costs seem pretty steep for golf balls, but because there are two separate places to order from I'm a bit confused about it. Can you clarify the actual cost and quantity if someone wanted to buy spin dot golf balls from GSA?

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point, I will pass that information onto Martin. PM me your full name and order # and I will make sure that a lens is included. I will ask Martin to clarify the cost and quantity of the spin dot balls.

Is it better to have measured spin and not full club data or full club data and calculated spin?

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great question. If the spin is measured accurately ….. measured spin is better. That being said.... with accurate club data, spin can be calculated quite well. See post 47.2 for a couple of video links.

As soon as something is not measured accurately …. things go bad. SA has been proven to be the most difficult thing to measure. For instance, if spin axis is measured at 2.5 degrees to the right.....it would be impossible to have a club path of 30 degrees and a square face. Also, a square face will not produce a shot that is 8 degrees off center. Accurate club data will support accurate ball data and spin axis.

If you have measured spin without club data..... It may be difficult for the average guy to figure out what their swing issues are without taking lessons. Club data, while it has no impact on the ball flight in the TGC or E6, can give you answers to why you are slicing or hooking.

So to answer your questions.... it really depends on where you are at as a player. If you are a scratch player and understand what face and path mean to ball flight, you may not need club data as much. If you are like me 2 years ago..... you might want club data.

Some argue that club data is helpful for swing work, I personally would argue until the cow comes home that accurate spin is critically important in trusting a sim. I have a gc2 and hmt, and the club data is overrated compared to great ball data. If GSA could come out with something at least as accurate as a skytrak on ball data at a better price that would be a home run.

Comment

Regarding the Vistrak LX model, are there minimum and recommended hardware requirements available? Primary use will be for skill improvement; planning to stick with packaged software.

Also, I understand the LX will estimate path and face angle but will locate spin axis. Will face angle be somewhat of an "educated" estimate given the LX being on the ground?

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Minimum requirements would be a guess right now. This is something that we are hoping to nail down during the Beta testing.

Face angle can be calculated with HA, SA, For instance from experience.... ( lefty example) If I hit a shot that has 10 degrees of SA to the right (draw) and the ball starts 1 or 2 degrees to the left. I would expect my club data to be 1 degree open face and maybe 8 degrees inside out. This is tricky though.... because a closed face of 2 degrees with a path of 12 degrees inside out may yield similar SA and ball path. It's all relative...pardon the pun.

It is much easier to calculate Spin axis from accurate club data than to calculate club data from accurate spin numbers.

Best way to contact me is via email. My email is listed on https://golf-simulators.com/vistrak.html . If you have questions that you feel may benefit others, please feel free to post on the forum. PM is just to cumbersome with a high volume of messages. Our discord channel will be live soon.

Comment

Is the Eagle overhead unit operational to use with a GC2 currently or is it still a WIP?

I know everything is still being worked on but will the video stuff work out of the box?

Comment

Working...
          X