TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - WGC Mexico Championship

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ProTee United
    Manufacturer
    • Aug 2014
    • 2998

    #1

    TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - WGC Mexico Championship

    TOUR CHALLENGE
    2 rounds at Mississaugua Blue 6354 mthunt

    WGC Mexico Championship

    RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

    The WGC Mexico Championship runs from TODAY - March 5.

    Purse: $6,500,000

    HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

    You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

    Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q


    GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
  • ProTee United
    Manufacturer
    • Aug 2014
    • 2998

    #2
    NET LEADERBOARD


    GROSS LEADERBOARD


    Comment

    • Brandon
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2016
      • 144

      #3
      I really like this course. Greens are fair.
      I ended up playing both rounds today. Played poorly in the first round, took a break, practiced a bit and found my swing in round 2. Wish that guy showed up in the first round.

      Comment


      • DirtyGarry24
        DirtyGarry24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice 66 branover.

      • MainStGolf
        MainStGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        No kidding. Awesome shooting there! New favorite course :-).
    • Ironstrokes
      Extreme Member
      • May 2015
      • 1012

      #4
      Originally posted by branover View Post
      I really like this course. Greens are fair.
      I ended up playing both rounds today. Played poorly in the first round, took a break, practiced a bit and found my swing in round 2. Wish that guy showed up in the first round.
      Awesome round!

      Comment

      • Ryan5508
        Advanced Member
        • Mar 2015
        • 309

        #5
        I couldn't hit a fade around any trees today to save my life. Still nice to not play a 7000 yard course today though.

        Today's ball flight would of helped me a lot last week..

        Comment

        • StanMI
          Super Member
          • Sep 2016
          • 774

          #6
          Great rounds guys, you really set the bar high (or low).

          Could someone please explain how the scoring works ?? I get the Tour handicap part and the 2 rounds of scoreing, but for the life of me I cant figure out how the Gross and Net column is figured or what they mean !

          Comment


          • Genghis
            Genghis commented
            Editing a comment
            Gross scoring is your straight up score against the course. If you shot an 80 and the course is a par 72, your gross for that round would be 8. Net takes into account your handicap. If you were an 10 handicap, your net for the above round would be -2.
            Last edited by Genghis; 02-28-2017, 05:42 PM.

          • StanMI
            StanMI commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks !!! Now it makes sense. What was adding to my issue with the numbers was, I was using a par of 72. Last two weeks par is 71. I should read more carefully. Thanks again!
        • Brandon
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2016
          • 144

          #7
          Originally posted by branover View Post
          I really like this course. Greens are fair.
          I ended up playing both rounds today. Played poorly in the first round, took a break, practiced a bit and found my swing in round 2. Wish that guy showed up in the first round.
          Thanks, finally made a couple putts and calmed the draw down

          Comment

          • JensSteppe
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2016
            • 8

            #8
            This is a fun course! Less frustrating than last week Shanked one in the water, though,.Could have been a better round . Not too unhappy.

            Comment

            • Ryan5508
              Advanced Member
              • Mar 2015
              • 309

              #9
              Two rounds done.

              Had to rewind on 16 tee box. Wife hit the garage door button as I was starting my down swing and scared the crap out of me.

              Some how I managed to go in the water on both rounds on the par 3 with water up front. both shanks straight in......

              Comment

              • penrose
                Super Member
                • May 2016
                • 754

                #10
                Course is a nice one. Not sure it occurred for everyone but when teeing up on nine 3 deers went into the fairway.

                Comment


                • inorkuo
                  inorkuo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i wonder if they would fall over if you hit them like in the range that tlhammond5 made.

                • Daddio
                  Daddio commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I liked the deer on 9 and the mower just short of the fairway on 1. Nice touch!!
                  I really like this course, not as long and more like the courses I play.

                • tlhammond5
                  tlhammond5 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes... The deer will fall over if you hit them. I agree Mthunt has created a great course. I just wish I didn't have the lefts during the entire first round.
              • Ryan5508
                Advanced Member
                • Mar 2015
                • 309

                #11
                Originally posted by penrose
                Course is a nice one. Not sure it occurred for everyone but when teeing up on nine 3 deers went into the fairway.
                They make great targets... Expecially the left one

                Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • MainStGolf
                  Advanced Member
                  • Feb 2016
                  • 458

                  #12
                  Yeah I saw them in both rounds :-). Was afraid I was going to hit one on my second shot, but it moved just enough.

                  WOW. This is a nice course and it is set up for some LOW scores. Played the best back-to-back rounds I've ever played on TGC that I can remember. I was -1 in the first round and should have been -2, but the phantom pull cost me on an 8-foot putt. I was TICKED. Then I hit a REALLY poor chip shot on 18 and couldn't have par to finish even par. That is the best round I've played on TGC. I had branover the entire second round until the final three holes. I hit two REALLY poor drives on 16 and 17 that cost me any chance of regaining the lead. Had a chance to tie on the 18th, but I missed a 21 foot birdie putt. Finished +3 and one shot out of the lead.

                  As we saw some really high numbers this week I'll watch my scores even as good as they are tumble down the scoreboard again this week as shooters have a heyday with this one.

                  Comment

                  • goatbarn
                    Super Member
                    • Aug 2014
                    • 652

                    #13
                    So I took the advice of mthunt and others to raise my GC2 up 1"+ above my hitting mat. The results were:

                    - Less hook bias/pull bias, or so it seemed. I actually had a few shots that I was able to start online and get a positive spin axis...
                    - Distance was better (this may be related to using a brand new ball too, which I never do...also my garage was a balmy 65*, usually it's around 55*, so I was warmed up)

                    What the hell is the science behind that? How does having the camera's FOV higher change the way it views azimuth and spin axis? If I raise it 3" above the mat, would everything have a fade/push bias?

                    Comment


                    • docsmilez
                      docsmilez commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very interesting. I can't put positive spin on the ball unless it is an accidental slice. I have the gc2 in a metal cradle which already raises it about an inch. I am going to try to raise it even more to see if it helps. Do you have yours in a cradle and raised an additional inch?

                    • goatbarn
                      goatbarn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mines in the cradle. It's probably closer to 1.5" above my CCE mat now. I think a GC2 in the metal cradle next to a CCE puts it close to even with the surface, maybe 1/4" above. So add another 1"+ or so, and I'm sitting around 1.5" above. I'd just like to understand if I'm hitting a "sweet spot" on accuracy now, or if I'm just manipulating the results by skewing the camera's FOV higher. I'll try to test the theory out by moving it even higher and seeing if the ball tends to fade.

                      I literally couldn't NOT hook the piss out of every club in the bag, especially wedges, when it was just in the cradle. Now I'm drawing everything subtlety, which is what I see at the range.

                    • docsmilez
                      docsmilez commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yea I'm still at the point where mostly hooking. I have to compensate by moving the aiming reticule right of the target by about 20 yards. But some reason when I aim there I hit the ball straight or even a little positive spin. It is so frustrating and It makes no sense to me but I am guessing that since I am aiming more right, I am keeping the club face more open somehow. It must have to do with some kind of indoor/impact screen swing and alignment/setup issue. The more I move things around left and right, the more I see different shot shapes.
                  • DirtyGarry24
                    Advanced Member
                    • Nov 2016
                    • 486

                    #14
                    Played a practice round on this course yesterday. Very nice enjoyable sim course. Should be able to make a few putts on these greens. I really want to play this tournament but it appears that I've developed golfers elbow. My first ever golf injury. Anyway, hopefully it'll loosen up throughout the week. First swing yesterday brought a tear to my eye. OUCH! I just kind of bunted it around the course and it loosened up some.

                    Comment

                    • Bnorman58
                      Advanced Member
                      • Nov 2015
                      • 457

                      #15
                      I had golfers elbow near the end of last year, I feel for you. I got a cortisone shot but wiped out the good effect of that 4 days later pitching in a baseball game. I got a Brace that helped a lot from better braces online.

                      Comment

                      Working...