Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Sascha and @shank12u (NET) and @shank12u (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The CJ Cup Nine Bridges !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - World Golf Championship with 2 rounds at Loa Pali Golf Resort - ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...f-championship
See more
See less

TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Carreerbuilder Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Carreerbuilder Challenge

TOUR CHALLENGE
    2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer)[saturday]

Carreerbuilder Challenge

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Carreerbuilder Challenge runs from TODAY - January 21.

Purse: $7,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

For live tour talk and support visit ProTee TGC Discord:
    https://discord.gg/W8RExqW

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
    TGC Tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

NET LEADERBOARD

GROSS LEADERBOARD

TGC Tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

Comment

I actually hit the ball pretty well tonight, but the course kicked my ass. Hope to shave a few shots off for round 2, but not exactly sure how just yet

Comment

Ooh, this is a good course. Very tough. Made a hole in one last year on one of the closing par 3's. Still shot a terrible score! Hehe.

https://vimeo.com/251147982
        Last edited by GarySatterwhite; 01-15-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• bob chung
          bob chung commented
          Editing a comment
          I am going to have a drink on Gary.🍺

Great shot with the sun in your eyes. lol. Such a hard track.

Comment

Agreed. Hit it pretty good, but got wet like 5 times, I think. Good luck y'all.

Comment

Hey guys, new to the forum. I played my five rounds already and I have a handicap now. Anything else I need to do other than follow the instructions as above?

Comment

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              Turn on shot recording and don’t use the rewind function. Seems like everyone new loves that feature.

Got it thanks!

Comment

This game is really fun when the driver is working.

Comment

Great round Bob Chung!

Throwing this out to the forum for comment.

I hit the rocks on the par 3 15th. The lie was reported as sand so I had a hit, ball didn't move so assumed a misread, rewind and tried again, same result, assumed another misread, rewind changed my aim and then tried again, same result. Tried to take an unplayable behind the rocks but for some reason the game didn't let me so headed back to the tee made a 5 with the penalties.

Should my 5 stand or should I be DQ'd for rewinds?

I was honestly stuck in the rocks without it being clear, once it was clear that it was unplayable I went back to the tee with penalties even though I should have been able to drop behind the rocks.

Was +1 at the time, it totally derailed my round

Comment

• andygg1986
                  andygg1986 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  sb944, I will start by pointing out that there are lots of really skilled players using Skytraks who have positive handicaps on here (meaning they consistently shoot under par). I don't think that they could be getting robbed of too many shots and still pull that off. Also, the straight putt patch addresses your example about putting by only looking at the speed of the putt. That patch has made it much easier to make putts in the 6-15 foot range on a sim than in real life (and 6 foot gimmes don't hurt either ha!). The one area where I have heard the most struggles are medium length pitch shots. I don't have a Skytrak but that is what I have read after spending lots of time on this forum.

I think I have read that most of the Skytrak error tolerances are roughly double the GC2's, but that doesn't mean that your shots will all be twice as far off from reality. If you had a robot hit the exact same shot 100 times, you would get a distribution of readings. Some would be too high, some too low, some too much spin, etc. A typical way of specifying tolerance is 2 standard deviations, meaning that 95% of shots will be at least that accurate. If you take one standard deviation, 66% of shots will be at least that accurate. So let's say you 100 perfectly straight drives. The GC2 tolerance is +/-1 degree for horizontal launch angle. 95 drives will read as within 1 degree of straight and 5 will read more than 1 degree. If you did the same thing on a Skytrak 66 would read within one degree of straight, 29 would read between 1 and 2 degrees of straight, and 5 would read as more than 2 degrees. So there are going to be some shots that you end up a little more offline because you have a Skytrak but it won't be too far off.

Using some real numbers, let's say you average 285 yards off the tee. Every degree of horizontal launch is 5 yards offline. An average fairway is about 40 yards wide, so the error tolerances aren't moving you from the fairway to the rough unless you are on the outside 1/4th of the fairway. And even then, there is a 50/50 chance that it could move you back towards the middle. I think the ball flight algorithms will actually affect your shot more than that, and those apply to all hardware equally. Just my 2 cents...

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The bottom line here is lay off the rewinds people. I went through more scores last night and found more in this tournament. The first guy to shoot 59 did it with a skytrak and zero rewinds over a year ago. A drive that went 4 degrees left or an iron that carried 10 yards less is not hardware failure.

• sb944
                  sb944 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok, thanks for the clarity, rewind are reserved for some ridiculous read only, end of story.

Want rushing to apply a putting cheat, as occasionally I do genuinely miss left or right, but if this is ok for the tour it will help me a lot.

Wow, crazy round, had some good shots, but also some good saves off poor shots. Can't believe I managed +4 on this very tough course, was expecting 10 more shots.

Also, main leaderboard seems stuck:
                http://golfsimulatortours.com/global...ay%20-%206975y

Comment

• dg_1983
                  dg_1983 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tiny greens for what felt like a long course. Bunkers everywhere from 200 - 250. 200 yards into pins a lot. Long par 3s. Short hitters need not apply!

hard course for a old man

Comment

So I just finished my round, not great, tough course. My question is about my TGC handicap, it went up 12 strokes. I went in as a 24 shot 94 and it went to a 36? Is this because the slope and rating are so wacko 62.2/47. Am I doing something wrong or do I just ignore my current handicap?

Comment

Hello CFRIED,

Yes, the "Tour Handicap" vs. the "TGC Game Handicap" are kind of confusing at first and it took me a while to figure this out...

The "Tour Handicap" gets calculated every Tuesday by the Protee servers and roughly matches the USGA formula. As long as you have 5 tour events logged, it should calculate a handicap on those Tuesdays. Those "Tour Handicaps" get shown on the tour website and leaderboards throughout the forums for tour events.

The "TGC Game Handicap" is the handicap you see in the TGC game and represents a MUCH higher handicap number than a regular handicap because the game calculates those values based on very low course ratings and very low slopes. For the most part, you can ignore that number if you are playing these Protee tour events.

There is also a sticky thread on TGC Tour Handicap.

Essentially, you'll have to wait till each Tuesday to see each round reflected on your "Tour Handicap"!

Comment

• CFRIEDL90
                      CFRIEDL90 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      great info, thanks

Originally posted by CFRIEDL90 View Post
                    So I just finished my round, not great, tough course. My question is about my TGC handicap, it went up 12 strokes. I went in as a 24 shot 94 and it went to a 36? Is this because the slope and rating are so wacko 62.2/47. Am I doing something wrong or do I just ignore my current handicap?
                    If you're the tour player Chuck Friedl you're a plus 36 because you do not have shot recording on. It's a tour requirement.

Here's how to turn it on:

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Comment

Working...
                    X