Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Saik Golf winning the TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - AT&T Pebble Beach ProAm !

Join this weeks TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Genesis Open with 2 rounds at Riviera Country Club Friday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-genesis-open
See more
See less

TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Genesis Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Genesis Open

TOUR CHALLENGE
    2 rounds at Riviera Country Club Friday

Riviera Country Club

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Genesis Open runs from TODAY - February 18.

Purse: $7,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

For live play and tour talk visit ProTee TGC Discord:
    https://discord.gg/W8RExqW

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
    TGC Tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

NET LEADERBOARD

GROSS LEADERBOARD

TGC Tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

Comment

I don't think there is a tighter course then this one on our Tour. This is quiet a challange. I put both rounds in today because i'm going on vacation for a week. Played my first round with cb as a ghost and saw him struggle as well. Didn't hit many fairway but my chipping was good so I had two decent rounds. Actually pretty good rounds for me if it wasn't for the out of bounce in round 1 and a 4putt round 2. Somehow on this course heavy rough was 2 clubs up for me. Might have been me, not sure.
      Last edited by Sascha1818; 02-12-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I bashed the designer before. He builds accurate tracks then kills them with TREES

Forgot how much I dislike this course. Trees covering half the fairways is no fun (not that I hit many fairways!). Anyway, been having crazy reads with my SkyTrak again. Seems to go through spurts. This week and last week I am getting a bunch of 0 SA, 0 SS and 1000 BS readings. Obviously that results in some weird shots...like an 8 iron going 230+ yards in TGC. I took a few rewinds when I noticed it (irons sailing way over greens mainly). Any one else with SkyTrak have this happen?

Comment

kc, I have it happen probably 50% of the time with only my 6 and 7 irons for some reason. They will either travel 20-40yds further than normal or curve in either direction 40-50yds off line and like you, the backspin #s are in the 1000's usually when it happens. I need to just start laying up and try to get it up and down when there is bad trouble on either side when I should be using either of those clubs, but what fun is that! It's definitely cost me several shots in the tournaments.

Comment

I hit it wide left on 2nd, OB apparently. I then hit 4 or 5 rediculously bad shots, +5 in 1 hole with little danger. After that I was hitting it awful for a lot of holes, but managed to keep it together enough to not completely blow up, and eventually hit a few good shots to not make it a complete waste. Still a tough course, made all the tougher when you can't control the ball.

As for reads, I had a few good rounds with skytrak recently, but had 2 genuinely bad reads for rewinds and around 3-5 more that I couldn't be sure about, but didn't at all feel like TGC showed, but left them in. It was crazy hot, I was sweating profusely 5 shots into the warmup and by the end of the round, I was completely wasted. I think I need to take a break for a while, my body is not coping in this heat, and it's supposed to stay this temperature for the next week.

On the bright side, I'm thinking of getting a local membership, so might finally get to see a real golf course. Really excited about this proposition.

Comment

• Sascha1818
            Sascha1818 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where in AUS are you at?

Not a fan of this course at all. 20 yard fairways with tress hanging all over them. Is this how Riviera really is? If so, good luck to the pros this week.

Comment

I made it through both rounds. Very tough course.

Someone used to post videos of them self playing these rounds, I enjoyed watching them. Havent seen that for a while, so I recorded my second round this week.. Here are the vids. Camera had some focus-hunting issues in the dark.

Part 1
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rjR...ature=youtu.be

Part 2
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poQ9...ature=youtu.be

Part 3
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHuQ...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• bob chung
              bob chung commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha.
              You play split fairways, and decide to aim at middle towards trouble.
              The ball always goes straight into the trouble, why is that..
              Happens all the time.

• KPaas
              KPaas commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the videos. I like seeing the setups, putting a face to the score. Much appreciated. Going to try and do that with a few upcoming rounds.
              I haven’t even got to play any tourney rounds this week cause of work ☹️
              Least this weekend is a open one for me. 👍🏻
              Thanks again

• jdgould
              jdgould commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for posting the videos. I just started playing on a SkyTrak TGC sim and am having a blast. I still can’t figure out the putting. I can sink a 10 yard chip, but I haven’t been able to sink a 10 foot put.

The “ghosts” are sinking puts like crazy, I keep thinking they are using some secret setting I’m not aware of?

Thanks again for sharing.

Jeff

Just wanna go on record that my first tee shot was a rewind by mistake. I use an iPad with AirKeyboard and I hit the 3W button for my second shot and it put me back on the tee. Had this happen in the last tournament too and used my regular keyboard the rest of the tournament. Forgot this time, and after my first tee shot, I shut the iPad off and will strictly use regular keyboard for tournament play from now on.

Comment

Protee - my 1st round was posted as Satish. My tour name is Mickey .I think I messed that up when I had some friends over for a non tournament round. Can you please change that to Mickey.

Comment

Tough track. I don't mind a challenge but it is a little frustrating when I'm sitting in the fairway and I hit a straight shot that clips trees and falls 150 yards short. I'm also guessing Riviera does not believe in having a first cut of rough. My ball would roll in an inch and be in 55% rough. Oy!

Comment

I’m glad this one is over.
                  I did have two rewinds. First time in 10+ rounds.
                  two shots hit dead center of my screen and showed 11 degrees to the left both times and another 9 degrees to the left. . In my mind system failure. It has not happened to me yet playing a tournament round. A few of my friends a few times but not myself. Very weird. Also quite a few no reads after a good feeling shot. That’s Skytrak tho for ya.
                  Oh well. Sorry if I shouldn’t have.
                  Good luck to everyone next week.

Comment

There Will Be Trees

Comment

Holy crap was so ticked after first nine second round on my performance, looked down and noticed my Skytrak was no level DOH! Oh well crappy round.

Comment

ProTee United any idea why my rounds aren't showing up? Completed them about 930p EST Monday.

Anyway, had a rewind on 9 during 2nd round - thought I was on fringe where it funnels to the front-right just like in my first round, chipped, ball goes bye bye, so I mullied. And if my wife is on here, yes hunny, I should have looked in the corner to confirm.

Comment

Working...
                        X