Shell Houston Open

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Shell Houston Open runs from TODAY - April 1.

Purse: $7,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

Tournament Rules:
    i just got back from Vegas and my club closed on Sunday. It's sim season and we are getting new players every day so I figured I'd repost this. Tour Rules

For live play and tour talk visit ProTee TGC Discord:
    Check out the ProTee United community on Discord - hang out with 61 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD

GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

Wow...finally managed to string a couple of good rounds together. The shots are getting straighter and longer and the it is feeling a lot more natural. Good course, enjoyed this tournament !!!

Comment

• jimjensen907
        jimjensen907 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice couple of rounds... looks like your Handicap is coming down.... good luck...

Just finished up round 2, good course this week. Just confessing what I thought to be a warranted rewind. It was my first in many weeks. 3rd shot on the 5th hole, I hit what i thought was near perfect chip. It landed and had zero spin and rolled for days. Took a rewind and hit a similar chip with the exact same result. I got a bit cranky about it and moved on. Either way I would have likely bogeyed the hole. Still confident I was having a bad spin reading.

Edit, just checked my data, shot #'s 15 and 16, 18 yards from the fairway both identical 100 backspin
      Last edited by Brandon; 03-27-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        Was putter selected? When putter is selected the game removes all spin.

• allen2be
        allen2be commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had the 100 backspin glitch a couple times in the last couple months, too.. weird that you had it happen twice in a row.. maybe you're on to something (worn out ball or something). Absolutely warranted to rewind a glitch like that.

I have chipped when on the green on accident (putter mode), but like mthunt said, that would have shown as 0 backspin.

Finished my first actual tournament since completing Q-School last week. I think my HC is a little low(2.9 tour HC versus 13 IRL last year), so after firing off 77/78 rounds have a net +5 hurts my spirits a little bit lol. But wow... this is the best purchase I have ever made... skytrak+tgc well worth the money.
      Last edited by JackedUpSwing; 03-28-2018, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Sascha1818
        Sascha1818 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm about the same , 14 IRL and between 11 and 15 here. My biggest problem is consistancy I play 2 rounds in the low 80s and the week after nothing seems to work and I play high 90s.

• sb944
        sb944 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great purchase. I had to join a IRL club to try to get myself off it, and it's still hard, managed 1 week away. Masters next week is going to be tough to play looking at schedule, but I have to try to find a way.

In terms of handicap, I just got it again for the first time in 10 years, 22. Way higher than I thought it would be, but ball striking not the biggest enemy, made 48 putts and still placed 2nd in first comp. Should be able to get it down to about 15 once I get IRL putting back to normal, hopefully better if I can get todays ball striking going IRL.

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good start. Your handicap will fluctuate a little here and there and you'll probably get better with the short game and putting on the SIM over time. I'm about 10 off my IRL handicap on here but I can't putt for crap on this game. I miss almost every putt that's not a gimmies. When one goes in, it's a miracle

Feels like ages now since I got it together for 2 good rounds in a row. Had a bit of everything in round 1, some really ripping shots, 3 shanks, 3 water balls, a chip in, a few 3 putts. Then round 2 was much more boring, no water, not many really ripping shots, but a lot of solidy hit fairly straight shots, a few nice chips, not too bad with the putter. I need more boring, that's for sure.

Comment

"You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online."

This phrase is on every tournament. What does the offline part mean?

Comment

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          It means people can come to your house and play the tournament with you as guests.

• FaultyClubs
          FaultyClubs commented
          Editing a comment
          What you describe isn't offline though. Friends and ghosts I get...just wondering about the offline part.

Golf is an absolute struggle for me right now. Lost all semblance of a decent swing. Couple of weeks to get something going before real golf starts. Not confident in that happening at all.

Comment

• penrose
          penrose commented
          Editing a comment
          I really cannot feel for you...my best round is a 78. Really good luck, hope you find your swing.

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol. I'm managing to get around the course but hitting the ball horribly. I got it back a little bit in my tourney round over on JNPG this week so hopefully it's something I can reproduce on a regular basis. Too much tinkering with everything all the time just messes me up.

Man my first round was ridiculous, besides throwing a few on the water, shots 37-44 were all on the same hole that my skytrack had some massive hardware failure. If you look at the shots:
        37: beautifully struck 8i, 1000 spin, 0 SA, 0 SS. Carried 191 yards lol. Obvious hardware failure, rewind.
        38: normal
        39: Hit my put 8 feet past the hole.
        After this shot my skytrack disconnected from the wifi, have to restart multiple times to get it connected properly.
        40: 8 footer down the hill, my sky was struggling to read any put. 22 LA on a putt... rewind.
        41: 9 degree launch angle with a putt
        42: 8 degree launch angle with a putt...

This kept going on and on, eventually I have to chip if off the green and into the water for it to reset properly... Really annoying. So besides getting a massive score on that par 3, it really put me off for the rest of the round being in a crappy mood. Have never had many issues, usually just 1 or less big misreads per round.

Comment

• kalcormier
          kalcormier commented
          Editing a comment
          I had this happen to me last round. Very Frustrating. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.

Played Horrible on first round and some of my bad shots may inherit from hardware issues cus yesterday my Driver went crazy and showed over 30° launch angle every other shot. See picture (LA), it also show crazy side-spin (SS). Took one Rwind on shot 10 and shot 48. Anyone else having this issue? R-motion user. Dont know if this applies on other shots, its harder to tell if a short-iron gets wrong launch-angle.

Comment

I think I figured out how to work around the SkyTrak for the short game.. basically I never use chip or pitch mode.. ever. It's a little irritating having to switch out of that mode around every green but its worth it when my shots aren't rolling 10 yards past the hole on simple swings. The only thing I've found somewhat realistic is flop out of sand; other than that I'll just stick to "normal" shot.

Comment

How are you switching out of short game mode during a tournament round? Or are you saying you are just no longer going to use short game mode?
            Originally posted by frodaddy00 View Post
            I think I figured out how to work around the SkyTrak for the short game.. basically I never use chip or pitch mode.. ever. It's a little irritating having to switch out of that mode around every green but its worth it when my shots aren't rolling 10 yards past the hole on simple swings. The only thing I've found somewhat realistic is flop out of sand; other than that I'll just stick to "normal" shot.

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
              How are you switching out of short game mode during a tournament round? Or are you saying you are just no longer going to use short game mode?

Maybe I'm using the wrong term here but I'll try to explain. When I'm playing TGC with my SkyTrak it will recommend the club based on distance but it also switches the type of shot. I classify shot types as NORMAL CHIP PITCH PUNCH FLOP. When I get close to the green it seems to always want PITCH or CHIP. Those shot types typically result in very low backspin and my shots blast by the hole or off the green. To counteract this I just hit the C key which will cycle through the shot types I mentioned above and I always choose NORMAL (except in sand where I let it stick to FLOP).

Comment

Maybe I'm using the wrong term here but I'll try to explain. When I'm playing TGC with my SkyTrak it will recommend the club based on distance but it also switches the type of shot. I classify shot types as NORMAL CHIP PITCH PUNCH FLOP. When I get close to the green it seems to always want PITCH or CHIP. Those shot types typically result in very low backspin and my shots blast by the hole or off the green. To counteract this I just hit the C key which will cycle through the shot types I mentioned above and I always choose NORMAL (except in sand where I let it stick to FLOP).
                I think that's a hold over from the video game. I don't believe it really does anything in the simulator game. Others will correct me if I'm wrong .

Comment

I agree with the above comment, I don't think that its actually doing anything for you. If you have short game mode on it will automatically engage at a predetermined distance and limit back spin. If you turn it off, then you run into the unit possibly taking multiple shots to register on short chips.

Comment

Working...
                  X