This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Rewinds on Tour

We implemented a new feature in TGC2019 to completely disable rewinds during tournaments.
    Rewinds are sometimes needed to rehit a legit bad reading caused by simulator hardware glitches.

Let us know if you want to play with or without.
    YES PLEASE, I would like to play tournaments with rewinds disabled.
    73.58%
    NO WAY, My hardware will sometimes require me to take a rewind on a bad reading.
    14.15%
    I DUNNO, I really don't care much.
    12.26%

Is there a problem with just allowing 1 rewind per round if someone wants to use it? I know of another tour that does this if someone wants, whether it was an error or not. Just a thought.

Comment

I’m ok with no rewinds. I very rarely have to take one for whatever reason. However, with so many different platforms on the tour, I understand that some will have more rewinds than others. I’d say if you have to take one, (for an obvious hardware failure) then maybe a mandatory post to the tournament thread explaining the reason. Either way, i’m Good with whatever is decided.

SZ

Comment

my hardware sometimes plays up. But I have voted that play with no rewinds as I guess people are in the same boat

Comment

For all the people who want rewinds to stay. Here is a glimpse of what is going on. Someone at the top of the net leaderboard, shooting sub 75 rounds... could have posted these from numerous guys at the top of leaderboard.

Comment

• Godfather
            Godfather commented
            Editing a comment
            This is troubling to see, but you are also throwing suspicion on legit rounds, too, by saying multiple guys toward the top. Alan C here.

I checked a few and for those of you that haven’t looked, you definitely have to match it up vs the scorecard. Also, gotta look at the readings...
            Last edited by Godfather; 01-11-2019, 04:32 AM.

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah, It's not that hard to match them up when someone shoots a 5 over with 15 rewinds.

Wow, that's just incredible. Clearly they don't give a sh!t about the rules or integrity of the game. I'm astonished by the data presented

Comment

I have just started on the tour and I don’t want to ruffle anyone’s feathers but I have only had 1 rewind. I flushed a gap wedge dead on line and it read 45 degress left in the water. I’m as honest as they come. I would never cheat at anything.

Comment

• Godfather
              Godfather commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry. I just looked at the first 10 or so guys and didn’t see the -10 HA. Deleting the refernces above to you and other players.

• jrz
              jrz commented
              Editing a comment
              JasonCarter I get the 45 degree to the left shot at least once a round (when it hits pretty close to my aiming point, the shot goes waaaay left). TGC usually says it was 8 degrees left, but what it renders the shot is convincingly in accurate.

I don't think it's any where healthy to this sim golf community to start calling guys out, look at the votes no rewind lets do it and no need for anymore calling guys out.
            If you think about there are many ways to cheat not just rewinds this is for fun and that's it - not for money or any thing else - lets just have fun and enjoy what we have.

Comment

• Godfather
              Godfather commented
              Editing a comment
              You’re right, deleting...

No problem Godfather, being new and all I just didn’t want to get labeled a cheater. I guess I didn’t realize the rewinds were being abused by people. I will just deal with any misreads from now on.

Comment

It’s pretty evident that Rewinds need to go overall. I know I suggested BOOST to get a vote as well but I think the “main” thing for sure and something that has the most impact/black eye to this Tour is the Rewind capability. Ideally, I think the consensus will be to get rid of both but if it takes a bunch of time to develop either one I’d say work on the Rewind part first.

also, I agree the calling out of folks probably isn’t the best approach to a welcoming Tour environment. No issues at all going at them privately though but we all just gotta make sure we remember it’s a darn hobby and we are literally whamming golf balls into a screen when it’s cold as sht and snowing outside. 😂. #perspective
              Last edited by cooke23; 01-11-2019, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Of the people that care, 90% want the rewinds eliminated. Seems our work here is done. Lol

Comment

Thank you all for voting! Societies in TGC 2019 will have the option to disable rewinds. We will run the tours in 2019 with rewinds disabled.

Comment

Working...
                  X