TGC Spring Tour - Wells Fargo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Psw757
    replied
    Originally posted by MainStGolf View Post
    Wrapped up my two rounds last night. Very disappointing 88 in round one. I was hitting the ball so well, but I just couldn't keep my driver out of the woods. Too many wasted shots. Was just +8 through 17 I think it was and then had three water balls to finish +8 on final two holes :-(. Round two I didn't feel like I hit the ball at least consistently, but trimmed five strokes off for an 83. Still had one or two water balls which was terribly unfortunate.

    I already know that I won't win this week because ks-man got me by a stroke and unless his handicapped dropped I be behind at least one :-). Weren't many two-round scores posted last night and it didn't look like anyone took the course and tamed it. It was a very fun course though. Really enjoyed playing it!
    I hear you, I had a very disappointing 1st round as well. Couldn't hit a fairway and I forget what hole but I hit the same approach shot 4 times in a row and all went in the water, I think I had a 12 on the hole. (Not exaggerating)!

    I felt like the guy in tin cup. Was probably my worst two rounds of the last decade. Truly pathetic!
    Last edited by Psw757; 05-06-2016, 08:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • MainStGolf
    commented on 's reply
    I told you I had a bad memory :-). I even had trouble sleeping last night, so I'm not sure I can even blame it on that :-).

  • wbond
    commented on 's reply
    I think that 11 or 12 could've been just for the second round, it wasn't very pretty. I think i actually hit it through the base of a tree on hole. It was pretty weird, it went off to the side a little, but forward, i think in reality it should have shot backward. Also dumped it into the water both rounds on 17. hate that hole.

  • aja
    commented on 's reply
    Aren't beta testers sworn to secrecy?
    Last edited by aja; 05-06-2016, 04:09 PM.

  • MainStGolf
    commented on 's reply
    I don't know of a way to do that. I've thought about trying to go back into the tournament once I was done to see if that worked, but hadn't tried it.

  • MainStGolf
    replied
    You were in first place as of last night I think you were +11 or +12 for the two rounds if my poor memory decides to serve me correctly this time ;-).

    Leave a comment:


  • wbond
    replied
    Is there a way to go in after you've completed your rounds to look at the leaderboard? I've completed both, but forgot what i shot.

    Leave a comment:


  • MainStGolf
    replied
    Wrapped up my two rounds last night. Very disappointing 88 in round one. I was hitting the ball so well, but I just couldn't keep my driver out of the woods. Too many wasted shots. Was just +8 through 17 I think it was and then had three water balls to finish +8 on final two holes :-(. Round two I didn't feel like I hit the ball at least consistently, but trimmed five strokes off for an 83. Still had one or two water balls which was terribly unfortunate.

    I already know that I won't win this week because ks-man got me by a stroke and unless his handicapped dropped I be behind at least one :-). Weren't many two-round scores posted last night and it didn't look like anyone took the course and tamed it. It was a very fun course though. Really enjoyed playing it!

    Leave a comment:


  • goatbarn
    replied
    The new version you can set your green speed/firmness. So really, it'll be up to you. Set by green stimp, and a firmness setting 1,2,3,4...etc. I have mine on stimp 10, firmness 2. It's much faster/firmer than the public version, but feels more realistic to a premium level course conditions. Bump and runs really seem to be more realistic. And ball rolls out as it should from longer approaches.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boo Radley
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post

    Quit bragging haha
    Sounds like bragging to me ....hahaha. HAve noticed in the past that a ball will stop on what appears to be a serious hill on the green. You know RED lines, fast moving blips. .. in the new version does it still do this?

    Leave a comment:


  • keither5150
    replied
    I hope they fix the gimmies in the new version soon. It's adding about 3 or 4 strokes to the round. I am stuck with 3 foot gimmies until they fix it... When the hole is on a bit of a hill, it is tough. I am almost done my tournament rounds. This course is killing me. I play 9 practice holes..... 1 over... then do a tour round. 16 over. I like the course, but it is tough. As for what's great about the update.....love the time of day adjust. adjusting chase cam delay is magical. Now you can see how much draw you have or don't have. Mini map is usable. It looks like ST users will have boost adjust and everyone will have adjustable green speed and firmness. Great job ProTee! We found a few minor bugs and they are working to correct them. I am sure everyone will love the update.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ironstrokes
    replied
    Originally posted by mthunt View Post

    I have the new version. I'll test side spin in the morning. I haven't noticed because I don't spin it much but I agree. It does move the ball to much. I'm hoping its addressed.
    Quit bragging haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Vincent_Vega
    replied
    Originally posted by mthunt View Post

    I have the new version. I'll test side spin in the morning. I haven't noticed because I don't spin it much but I agree. It does move the ball to much. I'm hoping its addressed.
    Gotcha. Could be a difference in GC2 vs Skytrak side spin tolerances as well. I know the GC2 has a more precise side spin capture. Skytrak could be over exaggerating side spin at times. The Skytrak app feels spot on though. No biggie, but check it out if you get some free time. Many thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincent_Vega View Post
    ProTee stated in their update post that excessive side spin was being fixed in addition to the low spin bug. I hope that remains the case. The ball flight algorithm in TGC is indeed overly penalizing in my opinion. I'm fairly accurate with the driver in real life as well as in the Skytrak app. In TGC however, I struggle mightily to find fairways. I realize part of that is due to the narrow designs of many of the courses, but I hit some slices that I rarely ever hit IRL. My bad miss is just a block to the right, not a block and slice another 20 yards to the right. I know you're testing the beta Mthunt, and are much more in the know that most of us, but they definitely mentioned it in their update status. Then again, maybe it's just bad swings when the lights are on and they start to count in the tourney. Haha
    I have the new version. I'll test side spin in the morning. I haven't noticed because I don't spin it much but I agree. It does move the ball to much. I'm hoping its addressed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vincent_Vega
    replied
    ProTee stated in their update post that excessive side spin was being fixed in addition to the low spin bug. I hope that remains the case. The ball flight algorithm in TGC is indeed overly penalizing in my opinion. I'm fairly accurate with the driver in real life as well as in the Skytrak app. In TGC however, I struggle mightily to find fairways. I realize part of that is due to the narrow designs of many of the courses, but I hit some slices that I rarely ever hit IRL. My bad miss is just a block to the right, not a block and slice another 20 yards to the right. I know you're testing the beta Mthunt, and are much more in the know that most of us, but they definitely mentioned it in their update status. Then again, maybe it's just bad swings when the lights are on and they start to count in the tourney. Haha

    Leave a comment:

Working...