Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SkyTrak / TGC Disconnect Best Recovery Process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak / TGC Disconnect Best Recovery Process?

Today I was playing my 5th round in TGC and I believe I experienced the disconnect issue others have complained about for the 1st time. I was playing Pebble Beach and I think I made it through 5 holes before experiencing the issue. I couldn't get system to recover so I could resume play so I closed out of TGC restarted and resumed play. However, it wiped out my score for a couple of holes I had completed and I had to resume on my 2nd shot of the 3rd hole. Is there a way to save after each hole or shot? Is there a recommended way to recover to avoid losing scored holes? That would have been a real bummer if I would have had a group of buddies over playing with me. Thanks in advance for any insight or guidance you guys can provide.

Edit: I also noticed when I start the TGC after selecting resolution I get a white screen. If I minimize and maximize the screen the program starts up. I also have problems with TGC allowing me to select a course to play when I'm online. It works well in offline mode though. Again any insight would be helpful an appreciated.
    Last edited by SirNeedaSim; 01-30-2017, 05:01 AM.

I am having same problem. I have had friends over too. After 5 holes, TGC Freezes & then I have to reboot & try to continue and it brings me back to the correct hole but wipes out any guest players. Any suggestions?

Comment

I had that happen 2x during the pebble beach tournament. Usually when you restart it picks up where you left off but I too had to replay a couple holes. Very frustrating. I think it was a server issue???? I'm not sure though. That was the first time ive experienced something like that.

Comment

ProtonVPN worked for me. It’s free. Was getting disconnected early and often. Since installing, 36 holes, 0 disconnects.

Comment

• Supraracer
          Supraracer commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you explain that in more detail, please?

• GolfGuy72_2000
          GolfGuy72_2000 commented
          Editing a comment
          Likewise - if this is a solution that resolves disconnects, it would be great to know more about it. Thanks in advance!

• cberglof
          cberglof commented
          Editing a comment
          I was getting disconnected all the time and I sent ProTee United an email. After running a Speedtest and sending in the results, they sent me a link to ProtonVPN.com and I downloaded the free version of their VPN...think it stands for Virtual Private Network. I may not be explaining this correctly, but it keeps your IP addresses that you are connected to private and...well here is a copy and paste from the email:

VPN creates a secure network tunnel between de computer and a server on the internet.
          It will bypass any port blockers and traffic scanners. Your provider is probably (modem or network) might be monitoring network packets causing delay and lag.

I installed the free version. Started it. Checked the toggle switch to start on Windows start up and have NOT been disconnected since.

Hope this helps.

When I first set up my system in my garage I had the same problems you guys are talking about. I bought a wifi extender and a better wifi adapter for my PC and haven't had an issue since. Went from about 10-13 mbps speeds up to about 80-90 mbps wifi speeds. Might want to check out your speeds at speedtest.net

Comment

I am hardwired and still have a disconnect occasionally.

Comment

My story is the same cbergolf I just use a different VPN software. VPN software is not a bad thing to have - your IP address is blocked.

Comment

• Supraracer
              Supraracer commented
              Editing a comment
              Wouldn't you have to enter the TGC server IP address to VPN into?

Cat6
            Highly doubt it's my connection or speed.

Comment

• penrose
              penrose commented
              Editing a comment
              Protee can sent you an exe - basically it pings there servers and you can see if you get a timeout. Without the VPN I get a timeout about every 3 to 5 min. Without VPN - no timeouts. You would think one timeout every 3 min would still be OK..but nope. I was surprised.

I’ve found that when I have a disconnect or the game freezes if I minimize (not close) TGC and then shut down and restart/reconnect the Skytrak app that I can pick up in tgc where I left off. Has saved a few games now when I have people over.

Comment

Working...
            X