TGC fps and poor performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC fps and poor performance

I got a PC that's about a yr old. I7 with 16GB ram and GTX1060. Just installed TGC to run for the first time, I'm getting between 5-10 fps... I mean it take like 3 seconds just to click on the icons.

i mean this this game was made in 2013/2014? Did I do something wrong or the game is just so poorly optimized? Should I nuke the PC and install only windows and TGC only.

Make sure your computer isn't using a built in gpu on the motherboard versus the gtx1060.

My courses:
    Aldeen
    Butler National
    Cantigny
    Canyata
    Cog Hill #4
    Harbor Shores
    Harborside
    Naperville Country Club
    Prairie Landing
    Rich Harvest Farms
    Ruffled Feathers
    Shoreacres

Comment

Have you tried this?

With all the people buying expensive hardware in order to get super-duper image quality in TGC I thought it was time for a thread discussing how to actually

Comment

This sound stupid, but we have seen users with expensive cards who connected the monitor to the main board video output and not to the GTX card. Makes a huge difference. Double check...

Comment

I told nvidia to use the 1060 for golf.exe. The setting I have is default. Which is 1928x1080 high, not window. I tried other games like PUBG, it ran just fine at avg 55-65 fps. Ya, it's connected to the 1060 card out.

Comment

Something wrong with your PC or card. I have the same setup and the game is super fast (I max out most of the video settings) I'm not a computer guy, but I can assure you that it is not the software. I run Windows 10 and my machine is dedicated to the simulator. I would take it to a computer shop .... something is wrong.

Comment

Have you tried to install the latest Nvidia drivers?

Download the English (US) GeForce Game Ready Driver for Windows 10 64-bit systems. Released 2017.7.24

Comment

Sorry to hijack but how do you check FPS? I'm not a computer person and TGC is the only game I have but I'd be curious to see how my computer is doing

Comment

Something seems off. Sorry for asking a dumb question, but is this a laptop or desktop? If this is a laptop a 1060m has a lot less power than the 1060 desktop card. A 1060 desktop should handle high settings at 1080P. If your computer is outputting to a 4K display the 1060 is not going to cut it. If it is a desktop. I would look at what is currently running on task manager when TGC is running to see if another application or process is hogging bandwidth.

For fps data a free program called fraps can be downloaded and it posts a fps counter on the corner of your screen.

Comment

It's a desktop. I uses MSIafterburner to show my FPS. I tried DDU in safe mode to uninstall all the GPU drivers and reinstalled the newest driver. That didn't work. Reinstalled window 10 that didn't work. i used GPU-z and for some reason the card is locked at 405mhz memory speed and 105 clock speed. I googled 5 other methods and non of them work.

So so I went with the ultimate way to fix any computer issues. I NUKED EVERYTHING and reformatted the whole PC. Fresh install windows and only load TGC on this computer. and everything worked!

Comment

Working...
                    X