Club path & face errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club path & face errors

First, thank you all for supporting this forum & my golf addiction. There is some great information on this forum. I purchased my protee in September 2018 after much debate between skytrak and protee. Protee seemed like a better fit for my permanent install & I really wanted club data. Unfortunately for me, I am now getting wildly inaccurate club path and club face readings, as well as false speed readings with my driver as of about 6 days ago. I have the VCAM & HCAM and no putting sensor. I am using a gaming laptop - i7, 16gb ram, GTX 1070, 512 GB solid state drive PC.

Problems:
    200 MPH club speed with driver - 400 yard drives
    Open club face readings even when I hold the club extremely closed
    Out to in swing path even when I swing aggressively from the inside
    I have attached two "normal" 3 iron swings below and one pitching wedge that I purposefully push very hard right

Prior to about 6 days ago the system was working great and I have been using it daily. I can't figure out what happened. I have a ticket open with Protee but have been waiting a couple of days for a response so I am hoping someone on here can guide me in the right direction since I am eager to get back to using my system!

Fixes I've tried already:
    Re-centered the light over my board using a plumb bob
    Uninstalled interface and re-installed the newest version
    Uninstalled all camera drivers and re-installed the newest ones
    Taking the sensor board inside out of my cold garage to see if the cold weather was impacting readings
    Checked to see if sensors are working in "debug" mode, they all turn off and timers start
    Pass my club over certain sensors in debug mode and they all seem to turn on appropriately when the club is moved over them at slow speed
    Trimmed any loose "grass" blades that could have been interfering with sensors
    Vacuumed out any debris that may have been on the board
    Moved around the USB ports, verified the COMM was correct
    Unplugged both cameras, errors happening with or without cameras

Attached Files

I have found that using a plump bob is not the best. I did the same thing, but found my lamp was pointing a bit to the right and back. That caused more misreads of the type you are describing.
    Last edited by Stonebattle; 01-30-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Well, first I would say that the type of missreads you are having are board (mat) related and not camera related.

1)Are you getting a nice crisp shadow as your club moves across the mat?

The fact that you months of good service and then things went South would indicate something has changed.....maybe debris......maybe light got push out of alignment?

Not like Protee not to respond....did you submit via the support@protee-united.com.....give them another try...they really do provide top notch service.

When you do get it figured out, please come back and let us know the solution.....

Comment

I agree with Gene, although it sounds like you have done a lot of things I would have suggested.
        I have not seen issues with the driver, although wedges seem to misread with the ball going 10 to 15 degrees to the right once in a while. That happens even with fairly good strikes with the ball hitting about the center of the screen. Anyway, have you found anything?

Comment

Thanks all for commenting. This has been quite the saga. Protee has been helpful. We have exchanged many messages via e-mail. They did a remote help desk session. Unfortunately nothing we tried could fix the issue so they went above and beyond and sent me a new sensor board. I'll be installing it this weekend and testing. I'll post a follow-up if this fixes the issue.

Comment

As it turns out I found a sensor in the output row that stayed on when it should have been off during one of Protee's tests. I did the test several times over a couple of weeks and that did not show up until the last time I tried. Getting it fixed now.

Comment

Good to hear Stone.

Comment

This seems like one of the problems I have with one of my ProTee Systems. I can play a round on my very first set up and the ball flight and reactions that I get with it seem quite realistic to my RL golf game. The second system I have set up for some reason it seems as if the ball is continuously going right. This happens way more than I think it should. I have put tape on the face of my driver and the wear mark is about 1.5" in circumference with virtually no impacts outside this area.

So the question I have is what is the best method of testing to see if it is sensor related because there are a lot of days that I play on system 2 and I want to throw my club through the screen.....

Any ideas are appreciated.

BB

Comment

Quit playing on system 2 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by chriscwhite View Post
                    Quit playing on system 2 maybe?
                    Haha would be ok, but when others come to practice on it they get a little pissy when their shots go way offline.....

Even happens with sand wedge shots. How to I get the system to not pick up the head of the wedge when there is a perfectly good white streak it should be reading.

Click image for larger version

Name:	misread wedge head.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	190029

Comment

• ProTee United
                      ProTee United commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Set the V-Cam detection method for wedges to PT4. You have it set to PT1 which should work but your player handness is probably set to left handed in the interface (check main screen).

• BackBreaka
                      BackBreaka commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Handness was set on right handed. Throw me a bone where am I finding the V-Cam detection Method? Is that in the ALT-S edit?
                  Working...
                  X