Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak v3.1 Public Beta

Hi all,

As mentioned, I’d like to give you guys the opportunity to take v3.1 for a test drive before we officially release it. As with every other time I’ve done this, please keep comments, questions, and feedback within this thread and DO NOT CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT for anything involving this public beta - I’ll handle everything in this thread. While there are still a few bug/cleanup items to take care of, I’d like to keep this beta period under 1 week.

Here are the v3.1 Release Notes:

- Added Shot Optimizer
    - Added SkyTrak Calculated Club Data (Angle of Attack, Dynamic Loft, Swing Path, Face to Path)
    - SkyPro Integration (replaces Club Head Speed, Angle of Attack, Dynamic Loft, and PTI)
    - Club Insights Integration (replaces Club Head Speed, Angle of Attack, Swing Path, Face to Path, and PTI)
    - Improved Club Head Speed Calculations for all clubs
    - Added Fairway Practice
    - Changed Ground Conditions to “Rough” if a Green is Present
    - Fixed Practice Green Hit/Miss bug
    - Fixed Metric/Meters bugs
    - Additional Report/Export Features
    - Miscellaneous Bug Fixes and Improvements

Here are some additional notes:

1. Club Data Screen – I initially wanted the club data screen to be a popup, but in testing it proved to be more of an annoyance than a benefit, particularly because I often wanted to see it or the ball flight whenever the other was showing. So, it made more sense in practice to make it a dedicated screen.

a. SkyTrak Club Data – This is calculated club data based off measured ball data. In testing, it proves very accurate on center-struck shots. At this point, we are still working on improving the data for poorly-struck shots.

b. Club Insights – This method uses a library of hundreds of thousands of shots hit on various launch monitors that measure club data. It simply matches up our ball data to a shot with the closest comparable ball data and applies the corresponding club data. On release, this will be an add-on package, but they have generously allowed us to include the option in this public beta. Club Insights beta functionality will cease March 11th. If this option is selected, then applicable values turn BLUE in the app.

c. SkyPro – You can use your SkyPro to supplement some of the calculated club data assuming you have the latest SkyPro app from the app store. Here, you will need 2 devices (Connect the SkyPro to device A, connect the SkyTrak to device B. Device A and B talk to each other over BLE). Device B can be iOS or PC (Windows 8.1 or Windows 10). If this option is selected, then applicable values turn ORANGE in the app. *I understand this is going to be a complicated process for some…and will work on better instructions for release. Not so worried about this portion during this beta period.

d. R-Motion – Still in development

e. Since many of you may not wish to integrate with another device nor care to use calculated data, I added a simple Side and Top Profile view with Max Height and Flight Time that you can toggle to instead. This allows you to still take advantage of the Shot Optimizer. (green = in optimal range, yellow = close to optimal range, red = outside optimal range).

2. Fairway Practice – We think this is a cool new feature that will help you practice your shots shaping. You access it just like practice greens (and there will be more practice areas to come in the future).

3. To mimic fairway practice, I changed the rest of the field to “rough” conditions when using Practice Greens and Closest to Pin Challenge (Target Challenge uses all fairway ground still). Is this desirable? I can see the 'yes' argument to focus on carry, but can also see the flip-side for those who might like to run it up.

4. If you get a prompt to upgrade the app when using this beta - IGNORE IT.

This beta is only for PC (iOS is too hard to distribute outside of the app store)

http://downloads.skygolf.com/Softwar...ytrakSetup.exe

Thanks,
    Seth
    Last edited by SkyTrak_Seth; 03-06-2018, 11:18 PM. Reason: Sorry, having formatting trouble with post

Somewhat out of the loop here because of kids/work/life but awesome to see SkyTrak continues to improve and evolve or time. I was a pre release purchaser years ago and still to this day absolutely love my SkyTrak. It's definitely improved my game as well as given me countless hours of enjoyment.

Thanks again for all your efforts Seth and keep up the good work!

p.s. I'm going to have to look for my old SkyPro!!!!!

Comment

Awesome changes in this release. Club data seems legit, and consistent. I personally dont mind how it is displayed currently, because I don’t want to see all of that extra information on every shot, but I understand why some would prefer it to pop up automatically too. The missed green thing is definitely fixed. The addition of fairway practice is awesome. How much will the club insights package cost? Added a few screen shots for the apple guys. Could only hit little wedges though as my daughter was sleeping.

Comment

Did you address the inaccuracy on long clubs for high swing speed players?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          No changes made to image analysis or flight model. Not to derail, but are you talking about raw launch data or flight model calculations?

Is it just me or is the face/path graphic setup for lefties?

​​​​​​My brain wants to see the head moving from right side to left side, like I see when playing golf not the opposite way around.

​​​​​I want this

Great work though, really great.
        Attached Files

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          I do see what you're saying. On the club data screen, the graphic on the right is from the same orientation as the graphic on the left...I'm not sure how to show the left from the golfer's perspective.

• dg_1983
          dg_1983 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm think the AoA and loft graphic is more about vertical than horizontal so depends less on the horizontal orientation.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd just like to see the face/path graphic as I see it in my mind's eye as a
          righty.

I'd leave the AoA and loft graphic as it is and flip the path and face one. I don't think they need to be the same
          Last edited by dg_1983; 03-08-2018, 11:28 PM.

Originally posted by OC_Mike View Post
        Seth,

I can't seem to change the ground firmness anymore in the range settings.

I got the skypro to synch no problem. I had a problem with my bluetooth driver - replaced and all good now! The light turned orange next to skypro in club data confirming it was synched up. A few more things I noticed...

* Would love the club data to show for a user defined time frame as mentioned above. Or even better could it be a split screen like 50% range and 50% club data. The club data doesn't even need to be 50% as 25% of the screen should be more than enough for club data?
        * The greens/fringe/rough look much better. The colors are more realistic now.
        * How accurate is clubhead speed with the skypro? Is this a "better" number than what skytrak was estimating before?
        * When in the skypro club data setting, is swing path and face to path calculated by skytrak or club insights?

Thank you
        The ground firmness is so puzzling to me...it works fine here on multiple PC's and iPads. I'll keep digging into it!

Thanks for the great feedback. I think I'll look at including a self-timed option for the club data screen since there have been so many requests for it.

SkyPro should have extremely accurate CHS - it is a measured parameter for them.

Any numbers in black in the app mean it's coming from SkyTrak...so SkyPro numbers are orange and everything else is SkyTrak.

Comment

• Morini
          Morini commented
          Editing a comment
          I used skypro with Trackman, and chs was very close, rarely more than one or two mph difference, usually spot on. It does depend on entering the correct club length in setup.

My course condition drop down is locked also.

You could improve the numeric display by getting rid of the carry total graphs and replacing with some club data. Imo much more useful and won't cost screen real estate
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ajax5184 View Post
          Awesome changes in this release. Club data seems legit, and consistent. I personally dont mind how it is displayed currently, because I don’t want to see all of that extra information on every shot, but I understand why some would prefer it to pop up automatically too. The missed green thing is definitely fixed. The addition of fairway practice is awesome. How much will the club insights package cost? Added a few screen shots for the apple guys. Could only hit little wedges though as my daughter was sleeping.
          Thank you for posting! It looks like a great addition to the ST. I am interested in what the new package will cost too, hopefully it is included in the GIP.

Comment

Stupid question, but do you need the GIP license in order to try out the new features of the beta?

Comment

So what is the better option to have for club data? The R motion or the Skypro when integrated with skytrak? have a friend setting up a SIM room soon and he may go the skytrack route first

Comment

In the shot history slide panel I hate the horizontal scroll......the slide panel is already big enough to hide everything else so try and squeeze in all data points without the scroll

Comment

Just downloaded the new beta and used the SkyPro for the first time. Really looking forward to the integration! However when I went to the shot data on the side I did not see any presentation and no dispersion circles. Thanks for giving us access!

Comment

I just did a comparison between club data using Skytrak and Club Insights. I see a significant difference in angle of attack for these for my irons. For the driver, they are relatively close. I've never hit irons on a Trackman or GC2 w/ HMT or GC Quad so I don't know what my true angle of attack is for my irons. I have used Trackman for my driver and both methods seem close to what I saw on Trackman.

Is anyone else seeing this difference? Any idea which one is more accurate?

Export_ShotsHistory_03082018_173802.pdf

Comment

• N54TT
                    N54TT commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LotharFriend please clarify which is more accurate for you regarding AOA. Skypro or Skytrak?

• CintiGolfer
                    CintiGolfer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Since there is now Skypro integration, I just purchased one. From my first session, my angle of attack with the wedges is in the -8 to -10 degree range. This correlates well with the SkyTrak calculated data. However, I could never get the Skypro to connect successfully to the Skytrak app. The data that should come from the SkyTrak was never orange.

• MileHighSkytrak
                    MileHighSkytrak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My AoA numbers were high as well. I'd have to basically pick a ball to get anything under 7.

SkyTrak_Seth I'm pretty certain there is an error in the graphic for face to path. For right handers, when you hit a push draw, the path is inside out and the face is closed to the path. However, I noticed when i pulled up the data, it shows path in to out and then it says face to path as open. If that is the case, it would be a fade/slice depending upon the differential.

Shouldn't the graphic say "Closed" for this shot? Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1102.JPG Views:	1 Size:	100.3 KB ID:	148234Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1100.JPG Views:	1 Size:	140.3 KB ID:	148235
                  Last edited by wbond; 03-09-2018, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• wbond
                    wbond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No idea, but it happens with the other draws i was hitting as well. I just happened to snap pics so they could see.

• SkyTrak_Seth
                    SkyTrak_Seth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That certainly does look like an error. However, that is using Club Insights, not the SkyTrak calculations. I'll follow up to see if there may be a small bug there.

• wbond
                    wbond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SkyTrak_Seth it does the same thing when skytrak info is selected.

That does look wrong.

1.9 path and 1.8 face/path (3.7 to target)

That should give a flight that starts right of target and slices given then open face/path relationship

Definitely something wrong

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth Kudos on a very impressive beta so far!

I made some mentions of the angle of attack issues for SkyTrak as the data source in a comment above so you can take a look at that for your beta information.

One confusing user interface feature that you may want to make more clear would be the actual data sources... It wasn't fully apparent to me that you have to choose the data source (Skytrak, Skypro or Club Insights) BEFORE you make your shots to get the data from that particular source. At first, I was just hitting balls with my Skypro attached asking why I wasn't seeing any orange data then I just accidentally left the "Skypro" on as the data source in the screen and I saw my orange data and basically had a serendipity moment to find how to use my desired data source for club path data.

I'm not sure how you will present that "Data Source" question to the end user but I think that will be one confusing area without some type of "wizard" or question to the end user. I would imagine very few will have anything but Skytrak interpreted data so it may be a moot point but just food for thought for the beta from a UI perspective.

Also, very slick on how the SkyPro talks to my laptop via BLE with literally no setup on my part. (SkyPro app on iOS and Skytrak Beta on PC) I'm not even sure how you guys do that but it's slick!

So far, my gut feeling after hitting quite a few shots is that the SkyPro integration/data seems strongest, Insights second and the Skypro interpreted data just needs a little more refinement.

Looking forward to the R-Motion tests but I'm pretty skeptical that it can beat the Skypro as I have not been very impressed with the R-Motion mostly due to the fact that it simply does not calibrate itself like the Skypro. My tests with the R-Motion vs. the SkyTrak ball for ball were not impressive for the R-Motion even with all the club specs entered exactly correct into the R-Motion.

Comment

Working...
                    X