This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JNPG news

My PGA instructor and I were discussing different sims and he obviously knows I have a ST. He told me if I don't have JNPG by June 15th I will not be able to use JNPG with ST. Apparently Trackman bought Perfect Parallel and they plan to eliminate options for their competitors. Does anyone have any insight into this rumor?

Damn. I guess I'll have to sell my skytrak now and grab a 25k Trackman lol.

Comment

If it was only that easy. I am going to stick it to Trackman and get a GCQuad. Just going to look under the couch cushions for some change first....

Comment

Then they would loose money. I dont think anybody would upgrade to a trackman just to play JNPG. All that revenue that they would loose from ST and GC2 yearly memberships that sounds like bad business.

Comment

You heard correctly. There will be no new sales of JNPG to SkyTrak customers as of June 18th. However, after the cutoff date, owners of JNPG + SkyTrak will be permitted to maintain their JNPG subscription indefinitely (along with a valid GIP). Really generous move on the part of Trackman.

Comment

• SkyTrakSpiderman
            SkyTrakSpiderman commented
            Editing a comment
            To be clear does that mean if we buy an annual subscription on 17th June we will have it for 1 year...or indefinitely?

• Jasonstanley
            Jasonstanley commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd like to go skytracks hq and give their development team a kick up the a@&e, they're missing great business opportunities. I built a sim because I got sucked into the sim idea and quickly got Dismayed with it, They need to come up with quick game challenges that you can compete with other users online , even if they charge more for the option, not many people have 3 hours to spare playing unrealistic sims online. Come on pull your socks up!

If sold, would JNPG access be able to be transferred?

Comment

Really interesting news. Takes away TGCs biggest competitor for home golf sim program imho.
            My courses:
            Aldeen
            Butler National
            Cantigny
            Canyata
            Cog Hill #4
            Harbor Shores
            Harborside
            Naperville Country Club
            Prairie Landing
            Rich Harvest Farms
            Ruffled Feathers
            Shoreacres

Comment

Not sure how or why Trackman sees the Skytrak as a competitor to a Trackman but its never good news when our options are limited regardless of your choice of software.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post
                You heard correctly. There will be no new sales of JNPG to SkyTrak customers as of June 18th. However, after the cutoff date, owners of JNPG + SkyTrak will be permitted to maintain their JNPG subscription indefinitely (along with a valid GIP). Really generous move on the part of Trackman.
                Seth, it says the JNPG subscription would be indefinite. I assume that means if you pay $250 a year, or do you mean its "free" forever on JNPG 1? Those are TWO very different things and my thoughts on TM's generousity would be very different.

Comment

I was reading that , if you miss to renew your JNPG before the date is up, it will be gone. You will not be able to get it again. I really have to put some thought into that. I have both but I`m not finding the time to play both. If I let JNPG run out I will never be able to play it again (planning on sticking with my ST). I own TGC lifetime and am waiting on TGS 2019 for online, life matches (matchplay scramble etc.) . Looks like I have no choice but to kick the one that costs me money every year not playing it.
                  Last edited by Sascha1818; 06-05-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

A dent indeed to the competition. Wonder if our TGC will grow as a result? Death nail for the JNPG tour surely?

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                      Jwheels9876 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Doubtful. There are a ton of us on GC2 on that tour also and guys will continue to renew their license for skytrak. I'm sure there will be a few who decide not to keep paying like Sascha but I think most on that tour will continue to play.

• Sascha1818
                      Sascha1818 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree, and in my case it's just because I don't find the time and have lifetime TGC already.
                      Last edited by Sascha1818; 06-05-2018, 11:43 AM.

• penrose
                      penrose commented
                      Editing a comment
                      perhaps in the short time - but JNPG except for trackman users will be getting upgraded while those with a trackman will have to use what is out there now. You might be happy with JNPG but will it be competitive software 2 years from now...5 years from now. A 2008 911 was great in 2011 but now it pretty much sucks as a sports car. TGC 2019 looks nice. There is also e6 while twice as much as TGC it is an option if TGC for some reason rested since competition is now less. I DO NOT think they will, but still nice to have options. I am really looking forward to 2019 TGC.

I am sad to hear this. I plan to build a sim this year, and was leaning towards JNPG.

Comment

Originally posted by Morini View Post
                      I am sad to hear this. I plan to build a sim this year, and was leaning towards JNPG.
                      Same here! Now I am struggling with deciding if I should pay for JNPG before June 18th even though I don't have a PC yet.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
                        triplebogeysrbetter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just join the dark side (TGC) like the rest of us.

It is clear JNPG really does not want the skytrak business. Also, I do not like the fact they really do not have official support. Yes, there is a mention of email on their site but I am 1 for 4 using it.

Comment

Originally posted by penrose View Post
                        It is clear JNPG really does not want the skytrak business
                        Just seems such a strange decision to cut out another revenue stream. Skytrak and Trackman are in the same business but they are not competitors, how many people have the space and money to put a Trackman in their house and those that do will already own one or some other high end piece of kit.

I had JNPG for a year and did enjoy it but after going to TGC I wouldn't have gone back especially with 2019 just round the corner, it was nice to have the option though.

Comment

Working...
                        X