SkyTrak PC - Beta

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • luv2golf
    Offline
    • Jul 2015
    • 473

    #76
    Originally posted by JohnMeyer View Post
    In general are the problems mainly just getting the unit to connect, I take it once it corrects it normally picks up shots etc OK.

    With all this talk of sim options coming "soon", the fact lots of people are struggling to get it to connect to PC easily and regularly I hope this isn't going to cause major delays, although also hope they dont push through sim stuff and leave people with possibly a $1000 piece of software they cant use.
    JohnMeyer The PC version is still in Beta. It's not an official release. Nothing will be "pushed" on anyone. If you owned a skytrak you to could play with this before it's released to the general public. We aren't here to bash what they can and can't do, we are here to try and make this a better product.

    Comment

    • zip
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2014
      • 204

      #77
      I'm pretty sure we can forget Seth giving us inside info on release dates. And he'd be a fool to ever give out an open beta to this group ever again. The ridiculous comments from the minority have probably ruined it for the rest of us.

      Comment

      • JohnMeyer
        Offline
        • Dec 2014
        • 628

        #78
        Not bashing in any way, just in reply to the post that someone put about hoping theyd just release the sim options and how it was taking too long. My point was just that it would be pointless to push out a sim option with the PC connection not fully working.. I realise now that in fact that comment was not in this thread, nwas indeed on the TGC thread where it was mentioned that TGC release has been planned for mid Oct, and other posts saying they had wished theyd just release it.

        There was not any bashing of Skytrak in my post, just a question about why people couldnt connect, and a reply to a point which admittedly was posted in the incorrect thread, chill out people
        Last edited by JohnMeyer; 10-06-2015, 03:31 PM.

        Comment


        • JohnMeyer
          JohnMeyer commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh and also by push I meant as in rush it out
      • luv2golf
        Offline
        • Jul 2015
        • 473

        #79
        Originally posted by zip View Post
        I'm pretty sure we can forget Seth giving us inside info on release dates. And he'd be a fool to ever give out an open beta to this group ever again. The ridiculous comments from the minority have probably ruined it for the rest of us.
        I completely agree zip , Seth has been great with us and helped out lots of us. Plus all the beta stuff he's released to the forum. I personally would encourage him NOT to release any dates.

        Comment


        • zip
          zip commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. I agree
      • Joko
        Advanced Member
        • Aug 2015
        • 426

        #80
        Yeah, I don't think there is that much complaining going on here. I can't connect, but I also know this is a beta and I didn't expect it to be perfect. I'll troubleshoot some more on my end.

        Comment

        • wilson
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2015
          • 186

          #81
          Don't forget - this is valuable intel on how the software works in the wild. Even if you consider it akin to 'meanness' by some people posting issues - they actually serve the purpose Seth was looking for. This won't be the last help that ST will ask of us, and I'm sure we are all happy to oblige where we can.

          Comment

          • SkyTrak_Seth
            Manufacturer
            • Nov 2014
            • 1603

            #82
            Yeah, for sure! I appreciate all the feedback, you guys certainly help fast track the beta period. As far as connection issues, it looks like a lot of you guys are running Windows 10. I did point out in the original notes that this has not been tested on Windows 10 - so try at your own risk. We'll be doing some testing this week on this.

            Comment

            • Ironstrokes
              Extreme Member
              • May 2015
              • 1012

              #83
              Originally posted by luv2golf View Post

              Do you have a new PC with a new version of Windows 10 or did you have Win 8 and upgrade? Not sure if that would make a difference or not? My cpu is new with a new version of Win 10.
              Yea I build my pc a few months ago and all they had available at the time was Windows 8.1, so I upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade as soon as it was available

              Comment

              • Joko
                Advanced Member
                • Aug 2015
                • 426

                #84
                Well I'm stupid - another person said they had to have them link the GIP membership, but I thought it was already linked as when I looked at the SkyTrak account information it did mention that I had the GIP, but it was not linked apparently. Which is weird, that should just be automagically added if you purchased it with the device? Anyway, I'm guessing this will solve my problems. Will test tonight.

                Comment

                • kevin1889
                  Member
                  • Oct 2014
                  • 95

                  #85
                  Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post

                  Yea I build my pc a few months ago and all they had available at the time was Windows 8.1, so I upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade as soon as it was available
                  I was an upgrade from 8.1 as well.

                  Comment

                  • Joko
                    Advanced Member
                    • Aug 2015
                    • 426

                    #86
                    Well tried connecting again with the GIP linked. Still no luck. I deleted the app, although there isn't an installer so there is no uninstaller. I assume there is some data left over in the registry because it still remembered my user name.

                    Win7 64 bit

                    Comment


                    • Joko
                      Joko commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Tried with a new windows user and still no luck. Damnit.
                  • luv2golf
                    Offline
                    • Jul 2015
                    • 473

                    #87
                    Originally posted by kevin1889 View Post
                    I was an upgrade from 8.1 as well.
                    kevin1889 I'm guessing your ok with connecting via USB on Win 10 (upgrade)?

                    Comment

                    • kevin1889
                      Member
                      • Oct 2014
                      • 95

                      #88
                      Originally posted by luv2golf View Post

                      kevin1889 I'm guessing your ok with connecting via USB on Win 10 (upgrade)?
                      No, I'm one of the ones that can't connect via USB. Only network mode works.

                      Seth - I understand that the beta doesn't support the Win 10, as you stated (and with some of the Win 10 quirks I totally get it). But, does that mean that the final production version of the software won't support Win 10 either?

                      Comment


                      • bennyg211
                        bennyg211 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It would seem to work on Win10 via VMware on Mac El Capitan for me? Don't know about a native Win10 machine/install though?

                      • SkyTrak_Seth
                        SkyTrak_Seth commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, the final will be Windows 10 compatible. We have some USB fixes in place, but it doesn't seem to be exclusive to Windows 10. Have you tried connecting the cable first, opening the app, then turning on the unit? Also sure it is a data USB cable?

                      • SkyTrak_Seth
                        SkyTrak_Seth commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oops, sorry. Saw you got it connected on the following page.
                    • luv2golf
                      Offline
                      • Jul 2015
                      • 473

                      #89
                      Originally posted by kevin1889 View Post
                      No, I'm one of the ones that can't connect via USB. Only network mode works.

                      Seth - I understand that the beta doesn't support the Win 10, as you stated (and with some of the Win 10 quirks I totally get it). But, does that mean that the final production version of the software won't support Win 10 either?
                      They will figure it out......the PC App will support all OS's. Another question, when your in network mode, have you had your skytrak freeze on you (hit a ball, top light stays red and nothing shows on your screen?).

                      Comment

                      • Joko
                        Advanced Member
                        • Aug 2015
                        • 426

                        #90
                        When you guys go into the app on the PC and look at history for example, what does it say? Mine says that I don't have the premium package.

                        Comment

                        Working...