SkyTrak PC - Beta

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • druid68
    Member
    • Jan 2016
    • 35

    #121
    I had trouble getting the Skytrak to connect to the PC (win7x64) via usb and wifi. In direct mode via wifi, the wifi card would connect to the skytrak hotspot. But the skytrak software would never show connected. Then when I tried via usb cable, it was the same result; it would just hang at the connection screen.

    I then installed everything on a VMWare winxp virtual machine, and it worked.

    Went back to the native OS (win7) and eventually did something by accident that allowed the skytrak to connect. My pc is on a wired windows domain network. When I went into windows network connections and disabled the NIC associated with the wired windows domain network, the skytrak almost immediately connected via usb. I can then connect to my network wifi router and have internet access while connected to the skytrak via usb cable. Just wondering, is there a network setting or security setting that would break functionality if you are on a wired domain network? Thanks and sorry if this has already been asked/answered. I've only been on this forum for a week and while I've read quite a few posts it's not possible to review everything.

    Comment

    • Godfather
      Super Member
      • Dec 2015
      • 516

      #122
      My goal is to minimize shot display delay. Can you guys who understand how the images are passed and processed, please rank the following? Again, the goal is purely to minimize shot delay and I don't care about frame rate, 4K, etc. just minimizing the delay.
      A) processor (i7 6700, 4 core vs 6 core, etc)
      B) processor RAM (8 GB vs 16 GB...)
      C) video card (GTX 970 vs 980Ti vs AMD...)
      D) Hard drive (SSD vs HDD)
      Last edited by Godfather; 01-29-2016, 09:19 PM.

      Comment

      • aja
        Super Member
        • Aug 2014
        • 689

        #123
        SkyTrak processing takes place upstream, ie. in the processsor so stands to reason that the faster the processor, the less delay. 16 GB RAM is overkill according to most experts but these days it's cheap enough to go for that as well.
        Storage drives don't really play a part once the program has loaded and you have enough RAM.
        Video has practically nothing to do with the deay - it just kicks out the final result.

        Comment

        • TorchRedRob
          Advanced Member
          • Nov 2014
          • 337

          #124
          I'm right at 3 seconds with a 4790K @ 4.0, 8GB, GTX970, SSD. I agree that the processor should be the biggest contributor to this. GC2 is right around 1.3s for comparison purposes (based on youtube clips).

          Comment

          • Godfather
            Super Member
            • Dec 2015
            • 516

            #125
            Originally posted by TorchRedRob View Post
            I'm right at 3 seconds with a 4790K @ 4.0, 8GB, GTX970, SSD. I agree that the processor should be the biggest contributor to this. GC2 is right around 1.3s for comparison purposes (based on youtube clips).
            Good info. Thanks. I also *think* processor is the most important, but I'm hoping for more definitive information from Skytrak or someone that can give more specifics.

            Comment


            • aja
              aja commented
              Editing a comment
              The info is out there in other posts. Check out the topics in the SkyTrak section. Processor is most important that's why everyone's been asking what do you connect to? what do you run it on?... how's the delay?
          Working...