SkyTrak PC - Beta

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mhage
    Member
    • May 2015
    • 52

    #16
    This software release is Jekyll and Hyde.

    Installed fine, couldn't find device. Rebooted

    App started fine and found device via USB. First few shots averaged 280 carry, 3 million total. Calculated club speed was -2billion some odd. Disconnected USB, connected wirelessly. It then seemed to work for about 20 shots. With driver, ball speed was about 10 mph high based on radar unit i had running also. With 7 iron, as expected. Then it hung.

    Power cycled skytrak and restarted app. Couldn't log in. When it finally did, it had trouble syncing. Every shot was either a dead pull or straight push, even though I was hitting the screen dead center in front of the tee.

    Power cycled skytrak and restarted app. First few shots took about a minute each to draw. After that, it seemed to work pretty much the same as the previous IOS app. Ball speeds matched radar dead on.
    Last edited by mhage; 09-30-2015, 04:54 AM.

    Comment


    • SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      That all sounds really weird. We haven't touched anything with the ball flight or measurements. Maybe if you get another 3 million yard drive, pat yourself on the back, and then PM me a screenshot
  • mhage
    Member
    • May 2015
    • 52

    #17
    oh, and most of the settings stuck. i didnt have to re-enter altitude or preferred view

    Comment

    • Joko
      Advanced Member
      • Aug 2015
      • 426

      #18
      I got it installed but never connected via usb. I don't blame this on anything just yet. Need more time to troubleshoot, 9 week olds don't seem to have patience for that.

      Comment


      • SkyTrak_Seth
        SkyTrak_Seth commented
        Editing a comment
        Try connecting the USB cable to the unit and PC first, then turn the unit power on. Do you see the computer recognize that something was plugged in? Also make sure you aren't using a "charge-only" USB cable.
    • luv2golf
      Offline
      • Jul 2015
      • 473

      #19
      Originally posted by Mike80 View Post
      Has anyone got WGT to work with the Skytrak PC software? Is there a way to get this to work?
      No WGT for PC yet. Different platform than IOS.

      Comment

      • YonexMan
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2015
        • 124

        #20
        Hi Seth. Thanks for your time and effort with this release.

        I've installed it and the software is working. But being in Australia, I bought my Skytrak from a previous owner, also from Australia. I've always had issues trying to register the device.

        I got the previous owner to de-register the device, which he has done. But I still wasn't able to register the device, use I think to an issue with my wireless network connection.

        But now with the PC version, I try to register the Skytrak, but I now get a message that says it is already registered to another user.

        Can you please help with the registration issue?

        Also, can't seem to get the USB connection to work. I can only get direct wireless connection still.

        Tried turning the laptop off, skytrak off, turning on as per the recommended instructions, but no connection .

        Comment


        • SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          Make sure your USB cable isn't a "charge-only" cable. And I think contacting SkyGolf support via live chat would be the fastest way to get your registration issues sorted out. Maybe something went wrong with the de-activation. Please let me know if you don't get anywhere and I'll try to help.
      • YonexMan
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2015
        • 124

        #21
        Tested on the PC today. All looked great. But was unable to change the number of shot tracers. Stuck on 25. I usually change to 5 as 25 just gets too messy in screen. Actually wouldn't mind having the option of just a single tracer for a clean look to the screen. Also the view was stuck on dynamic, I usually change to first person. I assume this is just because it is a beta version?

        But it was great to be able to directly connect the projector to the laptop and into the hitting screen in my practice area.

        All was going great, but then after one hit, there was no recording and the laser dot never turned back on. I then turned off the skytrak. Logged out of the software and restarted the laptop. But when I tried to log back in again, I got an error message that said the username and password did not match the previously used username. Which I knew was wrong, I typed in the same login details. So was unable to use the software after that.

        Also I had no access to the advanced features. Whereas on the iPad, I have full access to the features.

        So went back to the iPad and skytrak worked again with all features available.

        Comment


        • SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, it sounds like the game improvement package hadn't written to your SkyTrak unit yet the first time. Now it's all good.
      • Willymakit
        Advanced Member
        • Nov 2014
        • 291

        #22
        So I tried using the pc with the Skytrak. I had the Skytrak hooked to network. Logged into the Skytrak and was looking at the driving range. But in the Skytrak I have two green lights on the bottom two and a red light on the top one. Wouldn't register any shots. Any suggestions?

        Comment


        • SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          After Reboot of PC and unit is it the same? Does it stay on top light red on iPad too? Have you registered your unit?
      • SkyTrak_Seth
        Manufacturer
        • Nov 2014
        • 1603

        #23
        Guys, very very good feedback!! Thank you all. Glad to see things are going well for the most part. I tried to answer most of you in the comments, but let me just post a few more tidbits here:

        - Don't worry about "bricking" your unit. That won't happen

        - Make sure that you are not using a "Charge-only" USB cable. These are the thinner cheapo micro USB cables that come with some older phones. If you still can't connect via USB, turn everything off/close app. Connect unit to PC via USB cable and then turn unit power on. Then open the app.

        - If you have the game improvement package but don't have access to everything in the software after writing your license to the device, then your subscription and your device may not be associated. You can check this in your SkyGolf 360 account by looking at your devices - it should tell you which membership the unit has applied to it. If the game improvement membership is shown separately, you can use SkyGolf live chat and they can certainly confirm this and help if needed.

        - Make sure you extract the .zip file that you download.

        Comment

        • mhage
          Member
          • May 2015
          • 52

          #24
          When I was having these problems, I was also getting alot of 0 spin readings. Funny, none of these seemed to sync with skygolf360 either. Do I have a unit problem? The balls are almost new with the alignment line facing the camera.

          Originally posted by SkyTrak View Post
          That all sounds really weird. We haven't touched anything with the ball flight or measurements. Maybe if you get another 3 million yard drive, pat yourself on the back, and then PM me a screenshot

          Comment


          • mhage
            mhage commented
            Editing a comment
            My warranty expires in one month. I'm really concerned about my unit being defective. I've been having issues with severe pulls/pushes (ball actually went straight). I was assuming it was software issues, but not sure. I would hate to have to pay to have my unit fixed when it was defective the whole time and I just couldn't eval it properly because of Alpha software.

          • SkyTrak_Seth
            SkyTrak_Seth commented
            Editing a comment
            What kind of balls are you using? Normal white golf balls? This is very odd because you should never be getting zero spin readings. Are you using a white headed driver?
        • zip
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2014
          • 204

          #25
          Does it look like my subscription and device are associated?

          Comment


          • Sascha1818
            Sascha1818 commented
            Editing a comment
            No it doesn't. Where it says membership right by your device yours says" Skytrak activation", mine says "game improvement package" right there instead of your" Skytrak activation "

          • zip
            zip commented
            Editing a comment
            Well that explains why I was dead ended last night. :-)

          • zip
            zip commented
            Editing a comment
            Less than 5 minutes for the operator to respond and link it up. Nice support!
        • Sascha1818
          Advanced Member
          • Jul 2015
          • 380

          #26
          @ zip here is hoe mine looks like
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • zip
            zip commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine looks like that now. Thanks!
        • mhage
          Member
          • May 2015
          • 52

          #27
          Standard white balls

          Standard black driver

          Every once in while the unit locks up and won't record any shots. Sometimes rebooting the unit solves the problem, sometimes it doesn't.


          Originally posted by SkyTrak View Post
          What kind of balls are you using? Normal white golf balls? This is very odd because you should never be getting zero spin readings. Are you using a white headed driver?

          Comment


          • SkyTrak_Seth
            SkyTrak_Seth commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you contact SkyGolf customer support about this issue? If not, you should This does not sound like normal behavior at all and could possibly be something wrong with the hardware. It does the same thing in the iPad app?
        • Joko
          Advanced Member
          • Aug 2015
          • 426

          #28
          There was a mini usb that came with the SkyTrak - is that a 'charge only' cable?

          Comment


          • SkyTrak_Seth
            SkyTrak_Seth commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, nope That is a data/charge cable. ie the correct kind.
        • liturbo
          Member
          • Aug 2015
          • 64

          #29
          I also had difficulty getting the pc to recognize the ST unit or have the unit recognize my wireless networkafter trying to use ST with my pc. Strange since I have had no issues using my iPad and ST through my wireless network. Finally after inputing my network ssid and the password multiple times I got the pc and ST to work via the network. Only problem remaining is that I am not able to use my GI functions. For example the shot tracer setting only offers me a 50 shot view and dynamic ball flight. All GI functions work on my iPad and interestingly the max ball tracer amount on my iPad is 25 shots not 50. When I try to register the unit via the pc I get a message that the unit is registered to the user that is signed in. I am still able to use all GI functions with my iPad.

          Comment


          • SkyTrak_Seth
            SkyTrak_Seth commented
            Editing a comment
            Please contact SkyGolf live chat to have them link your GIP membership to your SkyTrak unit. I think that's the issue.
        • TheGriftKings
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2015
          • 17

          #30
          SkyTrak_Seth is there any intent on releasing a Mac (OS X) compatible version?

          Comment

          Working...