Just out of info, I dont suppose the guys who have the USB working are US based and the ones where it doesnt are UK? Are there any regional differences in the driver search/windows software? Wouldnt have thought so but just wondered
SkyTrak PC - Beta
Collapse
X
-
-
Well the pc finally works with the Skytrak. I was talking to a friend and when I mention that I had the two aligning lights on where you make sure it's square to the screen. Once I turned that off everything worked fine. Not sure if anybody else had that problem. I know I didn't touch those settings or let alone even go into the menu at all. So it's all good now.
Comment
-
I think SkyTrak_Seth arranged to have customer service link my GIP to my account. I was about to call to do it when I found it had been done during the past 24 hours. If that was you, thanks Seth!
Comment
-
Really...........Hmm, Ok, now I'm gong to officially bang my head. Are you sure your not in network mode and just plugged in VIA USB to Charge?Originally posted by Ironstrokes View PostYea, tried it tonight with Windows 10 and got it to connect and work pretty well with both network mode and using the usb
Comment
-
Originally posted by luv2golf View Post
Really...........Hmm, Ok, now I'm gong to officially bang my head. Are you sure your not in network mode and just plugged in VIA USB to Charge?
I'll check it again closer tonight and let you know. I had the skygolf help service link my gip with my account and then deleted the pc app and redownloaded and everything connected perfectly when I had the usb in. I'll see if I can make sure it wasn't just the network mode all along but didn't think so because it reconnected to the Wi-Fi (lights blinking and all) after I unplugged it
Comment
-
Yea I was wondering this too, haven't seen any indication of it on the pc app as far as I could see so far, just the new battery indicator (which is nice)Originally posted by davray666 View PostI did not see the feature in Seth's release notes but please tell me that you at least got the promised accelerometer calibration function?
If yes can somebody review it and tell us if it works?
Comment
-
Brilliant, so as predicted all lemons and no grapes. Let's hope it's in the official iOS and PC app. I can see why Skytrak focused on the license management in the beta since that is the most important feature (well depends on who you ask I guess) and the one that can cause the biggest problems.
So in summary. The stuff we want and would pay for has been ready for several months and was a piece of cake to develop.
Sim SDK, accelerometer calibration, decent range app. It has been held back while they have been busy developing and optimizing stuff we don't care for. e.g.
License management, SkyGolf cloud data and who knows what else.
Imagine if they would have just sold us the stuff we care for a long time ago without wasting all those resources on stuff nobody wants.
Comment
-
SkyTrak_Seth Seth, would it be possible to run the regular iPad app using a iOS simulator like iPadian, Bluestacks, or even the iOS Dev Kit from Apple?
Comment
-
So, I managed to get the GIP registered to the unit via Skygolf Chat support, which was incredibly painless (
), and successfully connected and into the beta app via Network Mode tonight. The app works well, and is much faster to register shots on screen than the iPad app on the old iPad I was using.
I still cannot see any mechanism to connect via USB. The device shows up in Devices & Printers as a Rapsodo Personal Launch monitor, but uses a default Microsoft WinUsb driver which almost appears like a drive, in that it shows as Ejectable in the Safely Remove hardware option, but I can see no option in the app to connect that way.
For the guys that have USB working, (or SkyTrak_Seth ), how should it appear, how do you connect via USB?
Comment
-
There is no option. I had the Skytrak connect by USB but turned off (so in charging mode). I boot up the Skytrak app and it goes through the login, then I power on the unit and it automitcally connects after 30s or so. You don't need to hit tap to connect or go into the network/direct mode options. I have the same WinUSB driver.
-
-
-
Checked this morning and USB connection is working fine.
Not sure whether the fact that I connected yesterday first via Network Mode and got through the firmware update, synch the GIP to the unit, etc. had anything to do with it, but, I disconnected the PC from the Wifi Network to ensure it was connecting via USB, followed Bennyg211 sequence above, launch the app, then turn on the unit, after a short while (10 seconds or so...) it connected and all three lights came on. Worked fine from then on.
Comment
-
Interesting. I was thinking that it would probably work if I connected it via Network Mode, then did the update to the firmware. HOWEVER - I don't have a wifi adapter in my desktop PC, thus the only way I can connect to SkyTrak is via USB direct. And my laptop is running Linux, and the other laptop is a MAC.
-
-
SkyTrak_Seth , in the Numbers Shown thread, HarryG commented that he thought he saw 'reverse' arrow indicators for spin axis. I can confirm that happens, screenshot below showing draw flight with left leaning spin axis with right pointing arrow.
1 Photo
Comment
Comment