SkyTrak PC - Beta

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HarryG
    Offline
    • Sep 2015
    • 74

    #61
    Yep, that's the one. I wonder if this bug only effects Spin Axis setting or if it is also present when Side Spin is selected.

    Comment

    • Joko
      Advanced Member
      • Aug 2015
      • 426

      #62
      So is it a requirement to connect the application via Network mode first (to upgrade firmware), before you can do USB direct? Currently this would pose a problem if you are using the Skytrak App on a PC without a wifi adapter. Just giving input/feedback - and curious if this sounds correct?

      Comment

      • MrHogan
        Advanced Member
        • Dec 2014
        • 325

        #63
        Can any win7 x64 user post details of the device driver pls?

        Comment

        • apljb
          Member
          • Apr 2015
          • 61

          #64
          It's a Microsoft device driver from 2012, shows up as a generic WinUsb device. Do you want driver file details, such .inf name, etc ?

          Comment


          • apljb
            apljb commented
            Editing a comment
            No, in Device Manager, it shows up as a WinUSB device.

            While it's connected, it shows up as Rapsodo Launch Monitor in Devices and Printers, when disconnected or powered off, it disappears from there.

            FWIW, the other thing I did differently was sequencing, I had the unit connected via USB but turned off, opened the Skytrak app, logged in, then turned on the device. Don't know if that made the difference for me or not, but it was the sequence that bennyg211 said he was using...

          • apljb
            apljb commented
            Editing a comment
            Feel free to PM me if you want to walk through settings together; I'm going to be around pretty much all day today, and as we're both UK based, it might be easier to connect than replying on the forum. Happy to help if I can.

          • MrHogan
            MrHogan commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks for the offer apljb i've been away this weekend so sorry for not seeing this sooner. I'll pick this up again this week and have another try. cheers.
        • Joko
          Advanced Member
          • Aug 2015
          • 426

          #65
          That's the same one I have - but it still doesn't work. I have yet to connect it to the network mode and try it that way (since that requires the PC to have a wifi dongle)

          Comment

          • apljb
            Member
            • Apr 2015
            • 61

            #66
            Interesting and frustrating exercise yesterday.

            After getting my PC to wo​rk which is my fixed system, I though I'd try my laptop and (for grins), my old, crappy, dead slow Windows tablet, so I had something to take to the range.

            After much frustration, I still have not managed to get the laptop (Core i5 dual system running Windows 10 Pro) to work at all. Not via USB, not via Network Mode. Just opens up, and sits there on the Trying to connect screen, but hammers the CPU - using about 35-40% of the CPU on a reasonably decent laptop doing (apparently) absolutely nothing.

            Went back to the PC to check there wasn't something going on with either the Skytrak or the wireless, connected flawlessly.

            Several more attempts with the laptop with various reboots and different sequences of starting app up, connecting, turning ST on. Nothing.

            For grins, I started up my (really old) tablet, which is also running Windows 10. Opened the app, Skytrak connected before I'd even got past the login screen via Network Mode. Up came the range, worked perfectly. Only downside was it took about 30 seconds for shots to show. Told you it was old and crappy...

            Mystified why the laptop won't connect. Anyone got any thoughts ?

            Oh, and SkyTrak_Seth , suggest you update the connection instructions in the PC app to refer to the connection to PC and not instruct users to login to their iPad...

            Comment

            • bennyg211
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2015
              • 113

              #67
              Well, i've checked and the PC app also works on Windows 10 running through VMWare Fusion 8 on OS X El Capitan thumbs up

              Comment

              • Chughes82
                Member
                • Jan 2015
                • 65

                #68
                SkyTrak_Seth. Feedback for the pc beta version: Echo that the spin direction arrow is reversed most of the time for me, though the black arrows within the ball reflect the ball flight; username and password has frequent glitches requiring reboot, reload, etc; Skytrak software drops connection to pc fairly frequently, resulting in red, yellow, green light pattern on the unit and frozen software; between sessions my session settings revert to driver, tracer every fifty shots, first person view, and normal course conditions, though they stay on lower humidity, altitude and temp.

                Comment

                • bbb287
                  Junior Member
                  • Aug 2015
                  • 28

                  #69
                  Feedback on the battery indicator feature: not working correctly or pointing out the battery in the ST isn't charging correctly...
                  I started a topic "SkyTrak Hardware Battery Indicator - working correctly?" and there are several reports where the battery isn't reporting 100% charge after charging for extended time periods. Seems that if the battery indicator is working correctly there are a number of ST users where the battery is no longer charging to full capacity. In my situation, the unit is only 40 days "new" and only gets to 75%....

                  Comment

                  • Joko
                    Advanced Member
                    • Aug 2015
                    • 426

                    #70
                    I'm still unable to make a connection either via direct usb or network mode/direct mode. I was sure once I had my wifi dongle setup I'd be able to connect via network/direct. I can ping skytrak @ 10.0.0.1 but it won't connect.

                    For what it's worth it connects very well on my iPhone.

                    Comment

                    • kevin1889
                      Member
                      • Oct 2014
                      • 95

                      #71
                      I am having similar problems connecting via USB. I've been able to connect via network mode very easily. While in network mode the PC software checks for licenses then within seconds I get three green lights. Balls register what appears to be accurately (I haven't looked at the number like others mentioned above.

                      When I connect via USB, here's my steps:
                      1. ST unit is powered off
                      2. Connect USB to ST Unit and PC
                      3. Turn on SkyTrak PC Software
                      4. Login
                      5. Turn on ST Unit
                      Once that is done, the unit never connects and I see a green light on bottom, solid yellow light in middle, solid red light on top. It stays like that until the unit turns itself off. I've tried it by turning on the ST unit before launching the software and still get the same problem.

                      I'm using:
                      Windows 10
                      SkyTrak Software Version 2.0.35
                      Firmware 1.350

                      Comment

                      • luv2golf
                        Offline
                        • Jul 2015
                        • 473

                        #72
                        Originally posted by kevin1889 View Post
                        I am having similar problems connecting via USB. I've been able to connect via network mode very easily. While in network mode the PC software checks for licenses then within seconds I get three green lights. Balls register what appears to be accurately (I haven't looked at the number like others mentioned above.

                        When I connect via USB, here's my steps:
                        1. ST unit is powered off
                        2. Connect USB to ST Unit and PC
                        3. Turn on SkyTrak PC Software
                        4. Login
                        5. Turn on ST Unit

                        Once that is done, the unit never connects and I see a green light on bottom, solid yellow light in middle, solid red light on top. It stays like that until the unit turns itself off. I've tried it by turning on the ST unit before launching the software and still get the same problem.

                        I'm using:
                        Windows 10
                        SkyTrak Software Version 2.0.35
                        Firmware 1.350
                        I have the same problem on windows 10. The only difference is for me in network mode, I hit one shot and the skytrak freezes and I have to reboot.

                        Comment

                        • JohnMeyer
                          Offline
                          • Dec 2014
                          • 628

                          #73
                          In general are the problems mainly just getting the unit to connect, I take it once it corrects it normally picks up shots etc OK.

                          With all this talk of sim options coming "soon", the fact lots of people are struggling to get it to connect to PC easily and regularly I hope this isn't going to cause major delays, although also hope they dont push through sim stuff and leave people with possibly a $1000 piece of software they cant use.

                          Comment


                          • Chughes82
                            Chughes82 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The problems include both connecting and staying connected. I can have a range session that disconnects every five minutes or one that stays connected for 45 minutes. I will try Ironstrokes delete and reinstall suggestion later tonight (PST). If it corrects the issue I will update the post.
                        • Ironstrokes
                          Extreme Member
                          • May 2015
                          • 1012

                          #74
                          Not sure why so many are having issues with Windows 10 or connecting to the usb in general. I have windows 10 and just had a nice long range session connected to the usb with no freezes or issues. All i can say that made the usb work for me originally is I did the live help on skygolf to sync my GIP to the skytrak, they then asked me delete and reinstall the app, did this, replugged in the usb, turned on the skytrak, then the newly installed app, signed in and it checked the licence right away and all went well since. Hope you guys can work it out.

                          Comment


                          • Chughes82
                            Chughes82 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not solve the connection issues for me. The password recognition is still balky and there are still connection drops.
                        • luv2golf
                          Offline
                          • Jul 2015
                          • 473

                          #75
                          Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post
                          Not sure why so many are having issues with Windows 10 or connecting to the usb in general. I have windows 10 and just had a nice long range session connected to the usb with no freezes or issues. All i can say that made the usb work for me originally is I did the live help on skygolf to sync my GIP to the skytrak, they then asked me delete and reinstall the app, did this, replugged in the usb, turned on the skytrak, then the newly installed app, signed in and it checked the licence right away and all went well since. Hope you guys can work it out.
                          Do you have a new PC with a new version of Windows 10 or did you have Win 8 and upgrade? Not sure if that would make a difference or not? My cpu is new with a new version of Win 10.

                          Comment

                          Working...