SkyTrak PC - Beta

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kevin1889
    Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 95

    #91
    When I'm in network mode, I'm able to access the history and the challenges. When I'm connected via USB the PC App won't let me access history and says I need to have the GIP.

    Tried this today and it worked:
    1. Connected via network mode
    2. Plugged in USB
    3. Switched connection method to DIRECT
    4. The top two lights were red briefly then turned a solid green
    5. Everything seems to be working fine now.
    After I got it to work with the above method, I shut everything down, restarted the PC App, then turned on the SkyTrak unit and it connected right away via USB. Can someone else that was having issues with USB connection try this out? I'm going to shut it down overnight and still see if I have success in the morning.

    luv2golf - to be honest, I haven't taken more than a few swings with it in network, maybe a total of 10 since I finally got it working. I didn't have a freeze. Now that I've got everything set up and working (fingers crossed) I'll be able to give it some more time actually hitting balls over the next few days.

    Comment


    • luv2golf
      luv2golf commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, I'll give that a try in a bit. Mine will work in network for 1 to 20 swings, then the ST freezes - on the PC BETA APP.
  • Joko
    Advanced Member
    • Aug 2015
    • 426

    #92
    Frustrating. I still haven't been able to get network mode to work. I can connect to the skytrak network but no connection occurs within the app.

    Comment


    • Joko
      Joko commented
      Editing a comment
      Frustrating only because I wanted to test out my whole nearly finished setup

    • SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      So you can connect in network mode in the iOS app? Same network as your PC is connected to?

    • Joko
      Joko commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes network mode in the IOS app works flawlessly. When I go to try it on the PC app (everything d/c from IOS) I fire up the application, log in to skygolf, turn on skytrak, navigate to the skytrak wifi network - it then connects, hands out an IP in the same subnet as skytrak (10.0.0.1 I presume). I click on network mode and all I get are 2 red lights on top. I've tried changing the way I connect things over and over.

      I'm using a clean install of windows 7 (64 bit). It's on a desktop so I never anticipated using wireless, so I found an older Belkin USB wifi G dongle, which seems to work just fine.

      I've also tried 4 different micro USB adapters directly into the PC (no hub) - I do get the driver installed and it detects the Rhapsodo launch monitor, but again nothing. At some point the box does need to be factory reset after testing all this stuff, because the wifi network will no longer be discoverable.

      Anyways just trying to give info about what I've experienced.
  • luv2golf
    Offline
    • Jul 2015
    • 473

    #93
    Originally posted by Joko View Post
    Frustrating. I still haven't been able to get network mode to work. I can connect to the skytrak network but no connection occurs within the app.
    Just use the IOS app till the bugs are fixed for the PC App

    Comment

    • Wev
      Member
      • Jul 2015
      • 89

      #94
      I'm not even thinking of touching the PC app, the way all the issues are listed here.

      Comment

      • fiestabuckeye
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2015
        • 15

        #95
        Downloaded last night and everything worked flawlessly. Come back out today and can't get it to connect via USB. Stuck on looking for connections, but at the top, it goes through "waiting to sync" and then changes to "data synced". So strange.
        Last edited by fiestabuckeye; 10-12-2015, 10:51 PM.

        Comment

        • BogeyMan
          Member
          • Jun 2015
          • 36

          #96
          Originally posted by Wev View Post
          I'm not even thinking of touching the PC app, the way all the issues are listed here.
          Been a while since I have logged on but I am one of the many waiting to purchase a Skytrak unit based on the PC software. Although this appears to be an encouraging thread that demonstrates Skytrak is working on the PC integration I would have to agree that this first beta release appears to be very buggy and not enough of a motivation yet for me to pull the trigger on a unit.

          It would be nice for Skytrak to give us a heads up on maybe when to expect a second beta release to address the many connection issues I see form scanning this thread.

          I would be willing to be a pilot tester like many of the folks on here but I tend to slightly agree with your comments that this beta release is not stable enough yet to justify jumping in unless you already had a unit and the time to play.

          I am sure though this helps Skytrak in identifying bugs by using the kind folks on this forum to test who already have units and are willing guinea pigs. It should speed up in theory their development effort.

          Comment

          • YonexMan
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2015
            • 124

            #97
            I'm running windows 7 on a laptop and now able to connect by USB cable. Had to go into control panel and then device manager. With the Skytrak turned on and connected by USB.. In Device manager, the Skytrak was listed as being a Rapsodo device, but no driver. So I went into the options of the device and told it to find a device driver, which it did. After that, restarted the laptop and the Skytrak. From there, the skytrak now connects by USB each and every time. The only problem I have now (yes the laptop is connected to my network by wireless and also tried by ethernet cable) is that I get a message that says my licence is expired. From there, the Skytrak software still works. But the problem is that I still have no access to the Challenges and when in practice, I can't change from 25 shots or Dynamic mode. Also have the problem that others are reporting with the spin direction indicating the wrong way.

            On the other hand - with the iPad connected, everything works fine. Challenges available, as are being able to change to First Person view and single shot options etc.

            Other than not having all the options available on the PC version, everything else seems to be working quite fine. Can't understand the whole licence expired error though.

            Comment

            • wbond
              Ultimate Member
              • Oct 2014
              • 3489

              #98
              Do you have the game improvement package? If so, it may not be linked correctly. Others noted it was fixed when they contacted the support staff online.
              Originally posted by YonexMan View Post
              Can't understand the whole licence expired error though.

              Comment

              • MrHogan
                Advanced Member
                • Dec 2014
                • 325

                #99
                When I search for a driver it is never found. Why not include the drivers with app?

                Comment

                • MrHogan
                  Advanced Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • 325

                  #100
                  I'd given up trying to get the PC beta to work, but since the option to play the E6 demo my interest was reignited.

                  So I've spent the last 5-6 hours trying to get the USB device driver to get detected. My PC detects the device as RASPODO Personal Launch Monitor but it cant find a driver.
                  I noticed that windows update hadn't been working since December 2014 (apparently MS released a patch then that broke windows update on a lot of computers), so I guessed I should get Windows Update working again to have any chance of it finding a driver. I took about 4 hours to finally get WU working and for the outstanding patches to get applied even though I have 76mb broadband. So my laptop is bang up to date now - but still no driver is found when the device is connected.

                  Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

                  SkyTrak_Seth Is there any other way to obtain this god damn driver ???

                  Comment

                  • MrHogan
                    Advanced Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • 325

                    #101
                    Could a kind soul please post what they have under driver, see image attached.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	rapsodo driver.png
Views:	268
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	43675

                    This will help me try and create my own INF file. TIA

                    Comment

                    • MrHogan
                      Advanced Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • 325

                      #102
                      answering my own post. I tried attaching ST to another Win 7 computer (a VM). And it got detected :-

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	raspodo-driver-installed.png
Views:	304
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	43677

                      Now to create a similar INF file.

                      Comment

                      • apljb
                        Member
                        • Apr 2015
                        • 61

                        #103
                        This might help...

                        ​
                        Windows 7, Power, Windows 8
                        Last edited by apljb; 10-16-2015, 02:44 PM. Reason: Original link was incorrect

                        Comment

                        • MrHogan
                          Advanced Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • 325

                          #104
                          thanks apljb and luv2golf

                          I created an custom INF file and now the ST is detected and the winusb driver gets installed. I had a typo in the INF file so the device name has a typo in it but what the hell.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	rapsodo driver manual.png
Views:	706
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	43705

                          The PC app and the E6 demo now function for me :-)

                          It wouldn't let me upload the inf file as an attachment, should anyone else need it feel free to PM me.

                          Comment


                          • luv2golf
                            luv2golf commented
                            Editing a comment
                            MrHogan, great news, glad to hear. Happy golfing!!!

                          • SkyTrak_Seth
                            SkyTrak_Seth commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Wow, that's pretty freaking awesome you were able to get that working on your own!!
                        • YonexMan
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2015
                          • 124

                          #105
                          Originally posted by wbond View Post
                          Do you have the game improvement package? If so, it may not be linked correctly. Others noted it was fixed when they contacted the support staff online.

                          Yep, The Game Improvement package works fine on my ipad. But not with the PC version. Difficult to contact the live chat support - I live in Australia.. so pretty much impossible and the phone call is too expensive.

                          So looks like I'll be paying out $75 AUD for a Apple Lightening cable that has HDMI output and then get another adaptor to connect it to my projector instead. As really, that was the reason I wanted the PC version - to connect it up to my projector that I have setup in my practice hitting and swing analysis area indoors, with all my other video cameras etc.

                          Comment

                          Working...