SkyTrak PC - Beta

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • luv2golf
    Offline
    • Jul 2015
    • 473

    #106
    Originally posted by YonexMan View Post


    Yep, The Game Improvement package works fine on my ipad. But not with the PC version. Difficult to contact the live chat support - I live in Australia.. so pretty much impossible and the phone call is too expensive.

    So looks like I'll be paying out $75 AUD for a Apple Lightening cable that has HDMI output and then get another adaptor to connect it to my projector instead. As really, that was the reason I wanted the PC version - to connect it up to my projector that I have setup in my practice hitting and swing analysis area indoors, with all my other video cameras etc.
    Just do the online chat. That's free. Or just be patient and wait for the full release and not just the beta.
    Last edited by luv2golf; 10-19-2015, 03:00 PM.

    Comment

    • fiestabuckeye
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2015
      • 15

      #107
      Still having the same issues. Any help would be appreciated...

      1. I plug in the unit via USB and turn it on... hear the computer make noise signalling something was plugged in.
      2. The driver is listed under Universal Serial Bus devices as "RAPSODO Personal Launch Monitor".
      3. After launching the software, I log in succussfully.
      4. The software then says "Waiting to sync" at the top.
      5. That changes to "Data synced" at the top
      6. At the bottom, it says "Looking for connections" perpetually and won't connect.
      7. Under About, it has the software version, but everything else says "not connected".

      What am I missing? I have installed and uninstalled the driver, redownloaded the software, tried different USB ports and cords as well as changed the order that I start everything up. Nothing seems to work which is so frustrating since it worked the first day and then just magically stopped.
      Last edited by fiestabuckeye; 10-21-2015, 09:39 PM.

      Comment


      • apljb
        apljb commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the same issue from time to time with my unit. Works some days, not others.

        What seems to work mostly, as someone said some time ago, is start up Skytrak app, let it synch, then turn on the unit, hear the device recognition sound, and wait for the license check to happen ("Connecting" message area goes yellow), then it connects.

        I've never had it work in any other sequence - YMMV.
    • SkyTrak_Seth
      Manufacturer
      • Nov 2014
      • 1603

      #108
      That's strange. Is it a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port? What operating system are you on? Do you have the option to do a direct WiFi connection? If so, can you connect that way?

      Comment

      • hberger
        Junior Member
        • Oct 2015
        • 6

        #109
        hi Seth.
        I have some issues ; PC beta is working fine with me ; get registration and succeed to register my skytrak unit.
        But :
        - firmware version does not upgrade ; still on 1.210
        - I don't have access to challenge and stats / history ; saying I must upgrade to premium package ; I've checked, I've bought a Golf Improvement Package.
        - each time I connect to PC App ; it says : "licence has expired, you have 15 days to renew your licence ..."

        thanks for any reply.
        Last edited by hberger; 10-26-2015, 08:25 PM.

        Comment

        • luv2golf
          Offline
          • Jul 2015
          • 473

          #110
          Just wondering, been a month since the "beta" was released. Any word on the FULL PC VERSION?

          Comment

          • Shardak
            Super Member
            • Oct 2015
            • 513

            #111
            Hey I just figured out something that makes this PC beta much better. Even though it is locked at 1024x768 windowed mode..if you hit ALT-ENTER it will change to full-screen. Doesnt change the resolution, but at least its not a tiny window in my 2880x1800 laptop screen. Makes it much easier to see it.



            Comment

            • luv2golf
              Offline
              • Jul 2015
              • 473

              #112
              Originally posted by Shardak View Post
              Hey I just figured out something that makes this PC beta much better. Even though it is locked at 1024x768 windowed mode..if you hit ALT-ENTER it will change to full-screen. Doesnt change the resolution, but at least its not a tiny window in my 2880x1800 laptop screen. Makes it much easier to see it.


              Nice find.........

              Comment

              • SkyTrak_Seth
                Manufacturer
                • Nov 2014
                • 1603

                #113
                Yep, very nice find Full PC will go out when v2.1 iOS gets submitted and will be updated with every subsequent IOS release. In QA right now, that's as specific as I can be.

                Comment

                • wise990
                  Member
                  • Aug 2015
                  • 49

                  #114
                  Should I be able to register my ST using the betta pc app? I am unable to get it to register, it just spins.

                  Comment

                  • luv2golf
                    Offline
                    • Jul 2015
                    • 473

                    #115
                    Originally posted by wise990 View Post
                    Should I be able to register my ST using the betta pc app? I am unable to get it to register, it just spins.
                    You register on the skytrak website or using the IOS App, NOT the PC App

                    Comment

                    • JKurz
                      Member
                      • Nov 2015
                      • 58

                      #116
                      Running the beta software on a Windows 10 desktop via network mode, works fantastic!! Very speedy compared to the iPad! Can't wait for the official release!

                      Comment

                      • Jimsol
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2015
                        • 112

                        #117
                        Right now I am in a stalemate as far as buying a Skytrak. I don't have a Ipad and am waiting for a next 2.1 beta version which I hear is going to more accurate and stable. From what you have posted you have have great success which the current version. For the money the Skytak does seem like the most logical choice, and very close numbers to what the big boys are putting out,
                        The psecial they are offering seem like a great deal, Any news on whether or not they may have a Black Friday deal? I'm very close to pulling the trigger. just waiting for something to put me over the edge>

                        Jim

                        Comment

                        • ernie18
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2015
                          • 122

                          #118
                          Jimsol yeah im with you, the word pre black friday makes it sound like they have something else in store for us. Besides this sale runs till the end of the month anyway so its not like its going away. I'll wait for 2 more weeks for a wait see. November is my putting month anyway.

                          Comment

                          • SkyTrak_Seth
                            Manufacturer
                            • Nov 2014
                            • 1603

                            #119
                            v2.1 will not be beta. It's full PC release (and iOS update).

                            Comment

                            • Jimsol
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2015
                              • 112

                              #120
                              Thats even better.. Thats my last hurdle before I pull the trigger. I want the playing package and have heard a few issues with the PC 2.0 version. once the 2.1 is released I'm in
                              Thanks for clearing that up for me.. Patiently waiting

                              Jim

                              Comment

                              Working...