E6 Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6 Connect

My understanding from the merchandise show is that e6 golf has a completely new system called - e6 Connect which is a major upgrade and now has a cloud based monthly service - does anyone have any more details on this or a release date for this? Will current subscribers be able to upgrade for free then incur the monthly fee?

I suspected as much. I’m likely going to pass on connect then and wait and see. I will not commit upfront with this company likel I did last time. I bought after they announced e6 version 2 with a bunch of promises that were never delivered and then I ended up getting 1.6. Now I will wait and see what they come up with and compare it to the competition and make my decision then what I will do next. TGC is defianately a contender whe the new version comes out.

Comment

I talked with Josh and told him that I had E6 1.6 and he said that would give me the discount down to $1500. Then I told him I have all the course packs and the Pebble pack as well. From there, he said he would waive the startup, but I would have to agree to most likely a 2 year deal. I was relatively happy about this because I love E6, but I don't want to pay $600 in the first year when only 27 courses are available. I think I would counter with the $300 for the first and $600 for the second, since I will be receiving no benefits that the higher annual fee entails.
      Personally, I think it should be a $1000.00 at the most with the first year subscription for those who have the basic starter pack.
      This golf software industry is killing me!!!!

Comment

• LEO MODE
        LEO MODE commented
        Editing a comment
        Due to the natue of the current simulator competition I would probably buy it if its less than $1000 but charging $2500 or even $1500 for that matter vs prominent softwares out there charging $900 or even $35 is just absurd in my opinion. And I am glad to hear that TGC users will get a free uograde to TGC2019 which I think is the best customer experience and promising delivery. Not like e6 is that far ahead either when other software has LIDAR technology especially online being crap. Graphics? Software evolve every time current e6 sucks in graphic and e6 connect will be obsolete in a few years. They will have even less people playing online if nobody buys it.

I will wait until they realize its time for sale then I may consider it. But if they do it after TGC2019 comes out then they will probably lose a lot of population by then.
        Last edited by LEO MODE; 03-15-2018, 06:22 PM.

As I think about this over and over, a steep discount for the loyal users? People paid $1800 for basic software on e6 1.6 and now you have to pay another $1500?
      A new software is $2500. If you do a simple math, buying new is better than buying old one and upgrade.

Old ‘Loyal’ users = $1800 + $1500 (one year subscription included at $300) = $3000 for e6 connect
      New users = $2500

$3000 vs $2500?????? Where is the steep discount?

Also, on top of that, now we have to pay $300 or $600 per year?

I am a numbers guy and I thought this over and over, but I should’ve never believed the sales rep over at Trugolf.
      I remember very well and I probably have an email conversation somewhere, that buying it before e6 connect comes out will compensate for being a loyal user.

Well I guess paying $500 more is being a loyal user. What a joke seriously. As I said, if it was $900 for an upgrade on subbing for 3 years, then It would’ve made a perfect sense. ($1800 + $900 = $2700 for loyal user vs $2500 + $900 = $3400 for new user). All I am hearing is saying nothing but praising about how great their software is and 400 customers are waiting for next week and they have too many people on the plate waiting for this tremendous software. Well good luck seriously, you just lost 1 customer which probably would mean nothing to you but will haunt you guys in the end for treating old users like this. Karma is scary.
      Last edited by LEO MODE; 03-16-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LEO MODE View Post
        Old ‘Loyal’ users = $1800 + $1500 (one year subscription included at $300) = $3000 for e6 connect
        New users = $2500

$3000 vs $2500?????? Where is the steep discount?
        That methodology only works for people who bought E6 in the last few weeks or are thinking about buying E6 now. Anyone who bought E6 this year was mightily stupid, given that Trugolf have been advertising E6 Connect - Coming Soon on their website since January.

What about the guys that have been enjoying E6 for the last couple of years.
        I'm sure they'd rather upgrade for free... but $1500 vs $2500 is still a saving!

Comment

TruGolf has always been pretty good to me. I have had E6 for maybe 2 years and bought the map packs when they were buy one get one, or one of their other special discounts. After accumulating the entire library, this gave me some goodwill to use in negotiating to just paying the yearly fees over 2 years or so. They are definitely more geared to sell to the commercial simulator market and not as focused on the residential like TGC or PG. I found that when I called them and told them that I loved their software, and I was strictly using it in my garage, they were more willing to negotiate knowing I was just some Joe hacking for fun. Better make some money off me than lose a sale!
          I guess my experience is based on comparing TruGolf to Foresight. If you want to see what a real cash grab company looks like, Foresight sports and FSX software is the model. LEO MODE, I totally see where you are coming from. This sim market is out of control right now! I would call the rep and try to negotiate, and if they say no, it is them losing money!

Comment

You guys need to stop talking with their sales reps until something is posted on their website. These are sales guys that work on commission and will try to get every stinking dime from you if you let them. What do you see when you click on the E6 Connect page? Oooh oooh pretty....scroll....scroll...course packs! Wait what? Course Packs? I thought everything was included with the subscription? Something doesn't add up here. I would recommend waiting to see what the deal really is. Does anyone here know for a FACT that Connect will be out in a week or two? Not what some sales guys said but a FACT?

Comment

It doesn’t matter about how much the software is. It matters about delivering the promise, which turned out to be a plain lie.

“We will steepily discount if they’re willing to do a multi-year subscription”. So if you upgrade AND do a multi-year subscription, and yet it is pricier than new users jumping on-board??? Did they even calculate? This just doesn’t make any sense as long as you graduated high school guys. Come on now. This is a lie.

When I bought e6 1.6 e6 connect wasn’t even announced or planned. All I heard was there will be a new software that will come out, just like Trackman will come out with Trackman 5 in the future now that they have Trackman 4 now. Yes it might not matter if you bought the software for 5 years and enjoyed it, but that’s not the case because other softwares are not doing that. The point of this topic is loyal users not being treated like loyal users.

Trust is very very important in the business. E6 might’ve been enjoying their position in the sim market and thus is acting like this. And their product and customer service are good too, I like them. The sales need to get their act together and make this right for the loyal customer otherwise I can see how this will tear apart.
              Last edited by LEO MODE; 03-16-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

It is supposed to be released this coming Monday, the 19th. We shall see!!! Will I be surprised if it is pushed back.............NO! I'm actually expecting it. I have absolutely no control over Facts in this industry, and I don't think any user does until the product is released and payment is made. The Golf Sim industry sales wise is structured like the car industry for some reason. Not everyone pays the same price for the same product, which is unfair. There is no transparency, which makes it so sketchy!

Comment

I totally agree with what you guys are saying which is why I say wait to see what is posted on their site. Sales guy lie or just make shit up to get your money. They are trying to get your money before something is actually released. Sound familiar? eh um, Foresight?

Comment

What’s even funnier is that the software isn’t even the best in the industry. For me I had a Trackman and I thought the only option for me to play a simulator was through e6 back then, and it actually has been for the past few years. But now that I see you have a lot of different option, not to mention for Trackman users coming out with its own simulator, I can’t understand how they want to stab Trackman users in the back like this.
                    Last edited by LEO MODE; 03-16-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I’m on the fence on this one as,but having bought e6 when e6 2 was promised as coming out shortly and being told that I would get a free upgrade when e6 2 comes out and then getting e6 1.6 I can assure you that I am not happy at all with the Company. Not only did it take forever for them to finally release 1.6 it had very few of the features that were promised when I made the decision to purchase. In fact many of the features that the sales guy told me (and their website listed) as being featured with e6 2 are just now being released.

Im going to pass on this one for now (guess I really am not on the fence) and explore my options when I am able to see what is available in a year or so, but for me to buy this, there better be a deep discount and not the 10% they seem to offer every chance they get.

Comment

Hi everyone - New to this forum but I thought I would pass this along concerning E6 Connect from Trugolf. It's my understanding that if your a previous Trugolf customer & you want the upgrade to E6 Connect that if you subscribe to the new yearly subscription at $600 per year & commit to 3 years that they will basically give you the E6 Connect updated software for free. I was told at the $600 a year subscription level that you will be given access to everything they release.

I bought the Prestige model from Trugolf several years ago as a private owner cause I love golf but live where there is a winter season complete with that awful white stuff. I am looking forward to the update from what I have seen & hope to get the E6 Connect update within a week or two. I will let you all know how this goes down if anyone is interested.

Comment

The BIG problem with that upgrade model is they sell course packs. So basically, if someone bought the standard base pack they get the same benefit as some who spent an additional $2500 or so on course packs which are still listed for purchase on their site! The course packs NEED upgrade value if they want to honor existing customers.

Comment

• Dan McWhirter
                            Dan McWhirter commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I gathered from the website, though not specifically stated, that existing course pack owners would get the same, re-mapped and upgraded to 4k resolution, without charge, when they upgrade to e Connect. In my case, the largest expense will be for a 4k projector and movie-quality screen. However, if faced with a $2,500 upgrade fee, I'd likely delay for quite a while. Otherwise, an annual rental at $600 per year through SkyGolf SkyTrak wouldn't bother me.

• Jwheels9876
                            Jwheels9876 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You are the exact customer they are looking for. $600 a year is ridiculous. Double what the others charge and what do you get for it? 4k graphics that 99% of us can't even use because short throw projectors for 4k either don't exist or are probably 10k

• LEO MODE
                            LEO MODE commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I can really understand and justify $300/3yrs for a good investment down the road for now. Still expensive but if they can deliver the content, it will be a very competitive upgrade price (remember e6 1.6 users already paid $1800). But $600/3yrs? Absurd.

Originally posted by JohnnyBill View Post
                          Hi everyone - New to this forum but I thought I would pass this along concerning E6 Connect from Trugolf. It's my understanding that if your a previous Trugolf customer & you want the upgrade to E6 Connect that if you subscribe to the new yearly subscription at $600 per year & commit to 3 years that they will basically give you the E6 Connect updated software for free. I was told at the $600 a year subscription level that you will be given access to everything they release.

I bought the Prestige model from Trugolf several years ago as a private owner cause I love golf but live where there is a winter season complete with that awful white stuff. I am looking forward to the update from what I have seen & hope to get the E6 Connect update within a week or two. I will let you all know how this goes down if anyone is interested.
                          Not $600/3yrs, it should be $300/3yrs which gives the previous users the advantage and loyalty discount of upgrading. Nobody will do $600/3yrs with a lack of contents they have right now with unpredictable completion time for all contents. Sure they can charge to customers $600/3yrs like 5yrs later because old users jumped on the train later but people who were aware of this now can’t be treated like that.

Plus this other sales says “$300/3yrs”, and your sales say “$600/3yrs”. This is laughable. It will not be the end of the world for Trugolf by making it $300/3yrs for the upgrade.

Because reputation is the most important in business. Look at how people are so against FSX. It should be a good product but because not many people are buying for sim use, the company has to charge more to make money, and the quality doesn’t get better, and ends up being the worst choice for sim use and etc. etc. vicious circle of life there.

I guess Trugolf wants to follow the same path. By all means go ahead since there are so many other good products out there. With Trackman simulator, JNPG, TGC, there are more than enough for good competitor products out there that has good graphics, engines, multi player as well as realism.
                          Last edited by LEO MODE; 03-21-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

To the comment above on upgrading your projector and screen, I would hold off on this even if you get the 4K content. I believe all 4K projectors in the market are still being made for the home theatre market and thus are not likely good bough for what we are looking for (not bright enough). Also, the cost of these needs to come down. Also realize that many of the lower cost options available are not true 4K like what Sony is currently producting.

Comment

• LEO MODE
                              LEO MODE commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That is why I still have 1080p projector where I could’ve bought a 4K if I wanted to. 4K projector is like HDTV just being released back in the 2000’s. The price is just not yet commercialized.

• Dan McWhirter
                              Dan McWhirter commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I hear ya! My 1080p projectors put up a beautiful picture. e6 1.6 itself would look great on a movie quality screen.
                          Working...
                          X